Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bollox bollox bollox!! :angry: No spoilers, but I dipped out big time today through a bit of misfortune on the stage. Only one rider in the top 20.

Highlights well worth a watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I have 2.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bollox bollox bollox!! :angry: No spoilers, but I dipped out big time today through a bit of misfortune on the stage. Only one rider in the top 20.

Having missed out on picking a team for the first stage, I then made the schoolboy error of choosing my team for Stage 2 WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE END OF STAGE 1!. A panic selection, and it's gonna backfire on me big time.

Still, that was some good racing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having missed out on picking a team for the first stage, I then made the schoolboy error of choosing my team for Stage 2 WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE END OF STAGE 1!. A panic selection, and it's gonna backfire on me big time.

Still, that was some good racing.

I'm loving the Eurosport build up to Paris-Roubaix showing some of the horrendous crashes and cobbled conditions. I genuinely doff my cap in your direction and wish you the very best of luck!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm loving the Eurosport build up to Paris-Roubaix showing some of the horrendous crashes and cobbled conditions. I genuinely doff my cap in your direction and wish you the very best of luck!!

Thanks BS! Yes, those montages are brilliant, and have scared my family (and me), not that I'll be going at quite that speed. I've got my new fat tyres (28mm), which should slow me even more, and can't believe that I'm going to have to wear my winter gear. Still, a bit more 'cushioning' should I fall off!

At least it should be dry.

Enjoy the Meon Valley, and we must get out again soon.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Doesn't look like any of us had a good day, really. I'm not sure I approve of them sneaking a stage race into classics season! I quite like having a week to ponder my selections for the next race.

-2 when I left to cycle into work this morning. 2 thermal jackets on! In April! This is getting ridiculous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sod all points and jezza Roy, rolled in second to last. Grrrrrrr.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Chased the mountain jersey, seems Txurruka got in the break again, so that at least worked out.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow, that was a finish and a half. Make sure you catch the highlights of Vuelta Vasco tonight, that was something incredible.

Now for scheldeprijs, Go Cav!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wow, that was a finish and a half. Make sure you catch the highlights of Vuelta Vasco tonight, that was something incredible.

Now for scheldeprijs, Go Cav!

It was a bit of a shame the TV director couldn't keep up what with TV camera bikes having to pull over left right and centre. Would love to have been in that crowd on that final ascent - no wonder there were so many cars parked further down the hill out of the town. Nasty stage that dished up a brilliant finish.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb finish!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It was a bit of a shame the TV director couldn't keep up what with TV camera bikes having to pull over left right and centre. Would love to have been in that crowd on that final ascent - no wonder there were so many cars parked further down the hill out of the town. Nasty stage that dished up a brilliant finish.

Superb finish!

Twas good wasn't it. Incidentally:

4,5,6 and 7. Thus far, expecting one more place too and Txurruka mountain points, a good day. Though I expect better for some as they will have spoiler.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Twas good wasn't it. Incidentally:

4,5,6 and 7. Thus far, expecting one more place too and Txurruka mountain points, a good day. Though I expect better for some as they will have spoiler.

4 (he is in cracking form), 6, 17, 18...Bit disappointing, last night I had no.1 in, then out, then in, then out - gutted I didn't stick my instincts!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
4,5,8,9,10,18 plus KOM break.

I'm still playing catch up big time here though. It's one of those Tours where people I had but then changed do well and people I totally dismissed do even better ( see Gavazzi with his DNF in every race he's started so far this season :rolleyes: ) 2 & 3 today were both in my initial pre race selection as well before I changed my mind. The two I move out tonight will probably perform tomorrow now too I expect.

Meanwhile, 1066mini(f) has had another good day again, although she missed the Txurruka trick. I'll be interested to see where she is on overall after today.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloodyhell, some good fantasy results coming in, feel like I'm going to be fortunate to remain in the top 5 at this rate...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last 2km of Scheldeprijs are up already if anyone missed them. Picture quality not great but SB will love the commentary.

[yt]ejAo3sFXlgs[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First and 17th, plus I took Gadret for now real reason, I was all ready to facepalm, but then

Alexey Lutsenko

Cropped up to save my day, get in you last placed beauty :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last 2km of Scheldeprijs are up already if anyone missed them. Picture quality not great but SB will love the commentary.

These boys know how to talk:-

I I I I I I I ohhh

Now that's a language.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here