Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ok fellas, I've selected my team for the remaining stages of Basque (having missed stage 1, and buggered up stage 2), and also for Paris Roubaix. I won't be able to change anything after tonight - tomorrow morning I head off to just north of Paris with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (who's got the flu - lightweight), ready for the Paris-Roubaix Challenge over the famous cobbles on Saturday, then watching the race itself on Sunday.

So...I'll let you know how it goes, and will wear an Albion scarf on Sunday - so look out for that!

Byeeee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok fellas, I've selected my team for the remaining stages of Basque (having missed stage 1, and buggered up stage 2), and also for Paris Roubaix. I won't be able to change anything after tonight - tomorrow morning I head off to just north of Paris with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (who's got the flu - lightweight), ready for the Paris-Roubaix Challenge over the famous cobbles on Saturday, then watching the race itself on Sunday.

So...I'll let you know how it goes, and will wear an Albion scarf on Sunday - so look out for that!

Byeeee.
Great stuff chaps, enjoy yourselves.

Remember we want loads of stories, loads of photos, and plenty of Euro-bike pawn.

I've just been listening to an interview with Big Maggy, who when asked about cobbles set up, said 27mm tyre width, which we've covered. But also foam underlay or double wrapped bar tape is a must.

Oh having taken Basque lightly my team is now immense, if I don't win the day, outright, I'll be amazed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those unable to watch live.

Paris Roubaix highlights on ITV4, Sunday 9-10pm.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Great stuff chaps, enjoy yourselves.

Remember we want loads of stories, loads of photos, and plenty of Euro-bike pawn.

I've just been listening to an interview with Big Maggy, who when asked about cobbles set up, said 27mm tyre width, which we've covered. But also foam underlay or double wrapped bar tape is a must.

Oh having taken Basque lightly my team is now immense, if I don't win the day, outright, I'll be amazed.

Cheers SB.

I've got the tyres, but haven't doubled up on the bar tape thickness - bugger. Hamilton has.

Off in five minutes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers SB.

I've got the tyres, but haven't doubled up on the bar tape thickness - bugger. Hamilton has.

Off in five minutes!
T'is ok they'll be plenty of back street bar tapers around the start line. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fellow geeks news flash:

Cancellara has fallen at sector 15 doing a recci on the Roubaix course. Currently being checked in hospital - no confirmation of whether he is out of the race though....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Fellow geeks news flash:

Cancellara has fallen at sector 15 doing a recci on the Roubaix course. Currently being checked in hospital - no confirmation of whether he is out of the race though....

Just heard that too. Are you slacking off work again to watch Tour of Basque? I am.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fellow geeks news flash:

Just heard that too. Are you slacking off work again to watch Tour of Basque? I am.
I'm in, today, assuming I can find a link with sound, preferably Flemish.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sky struggling a bit with a six man team chasing a 5 man break including Peter Velits. Other teams letting them do all the work.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I work from home, got a small screen next to my computer so I happily work while glancing across at the action.

Looks absolutely dreadful weather today, good to see the locals still crowding at the top of the climb though - no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Peter Velits - check

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Boom! Movistar putting the hammer down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kiss goodbye to that minute.

I'm in with sound now for the last 20, happy days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Taken a minute off the break in 3km!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here