Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While watching the race, when Splick jumped clear, with the crowd going nuts, I was loving it, as you'd expect.

But it then occurred to me, (for the umpteenth time) other than Palace getting rogered by Birmingham, I just don't get the same level of enjoyment from non Albion football.

This is a 'tin pot' race in a different country with no nationalistic support, and it's still held my attention a 1000 times more than, Man Utd v Chelsea in the FA cup quarter final.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
While watching the race, when Splick jumped clear, with the crowd going nuts, I was loving it, as you'd expect.

But it then occurred to me, (for the umpteenth time) other than Palace getting rogered by Birmingham, I just don't get the same level of enjoyment from non Albion football.

This is a 'tin pot' race in a different country with no nationalistic support, and it's still held my attention a 1000 times more than, Man Utd v Chelsea in the FA cup quarter final.

Amen to that!

I'm getting slightly concerned about my fantasy obsession, but then I'm consoled that I can still take great pleasure in watching the likes of Roelandts ride the way he did on Sunday and be really pleased for him, despite having just taken him out of my team :lol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Well done, chance of being top for the stage with that I should imagine.

I'd given up on catching you anyway for this tour, 3rd place will have to do me I think and maybe catch 1066 a bit for the season overall.

Thanks. I reckon I needed a man in the break to take the stages.

Got a long way to make up on overall though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks. I reckon I needed a man in the break to take the stages.

Got a long way to make up on overall though!
Joint 7th on the day, 17 points off top spot.

Great stuff.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep. Don't think I'll be alone in my unpreparedness. :D

Can confirm that he's not. We met a fellow cyclist in a bar tonight who is planning on tackling the cobbles on 23's.

@PogueMahone is also preparing by encouraging fellow riders to down as many pints as possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION] If you think your non scoring boy Bagot, will come good today, he's 150/1.

Personally I think we should all go round and give him a good shoeing.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
[MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION] If you think your non scoring boy Bagot, will come good today, he's 150/1.

Personally I think we should all go round and give him a good shoeing.

I left him in for that reason. I've learnt to tinker less - rather have him not score than win the stage after taking him out.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's break is an extremely good group. Sky will struggle to pull these boys back.

9 leaders - Silin, J Izaguirre, Costa, Herrada, Moreno, Fuglsang, Cherel, Navarro & Talansky. Gap is 1' after 66.5km.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out in June:-

51lLt-rkdBL._AA160_.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Today's break is an extremely good group. Sky will struggle to pull these boys back.

9 leaders - Silin, J Izaguirre, Costa, Herrada, Moreno, Fuglsang, Cherel, Navarro & Talansky. Gap is 1' after 66.5km.

Gap 1'28" with 78km left....'orrible weather again

Gap shrinking fast 1'09" 76km left

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Solo break now, Fraile looking anything but...

Well, someone had to.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Would love to see Cunego or Sammy Sanchez have a dig on the steep cat 2 and try to distance the rest on the descent home. Might be Berts last chance for something though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The choice is either great feed and no commentary or ok feed but with stuttering commentary.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somehwhat different climbing styles.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on Sammy put that hammer down!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,3,4,7,9,11,18 I think. I foolishly changed Caruso for Cunego today costing me a bunch of points.

Saved transfers for tomorrow but by the looks of things half the people I had earmarked have abandoned, looking at you BMC you bunch of girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here