Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just 1 and 8 for me today.

Almost me too - I don't think the 1pt from 20th is going to save my bacon.

Classic lesson in too much tinkering for me. Busy with the transfers these past 2 days and it hasn't paid off. Hardest transfers of all last night -convinced I'd have to have Kittel to cover my back just in case, even though late discovery on the parcours gave me serious doubts. Even more gutting, Impey was .1 too expensive and I did consider Phinney briefly. Oh well, fun near the top while it lasted.

Some things never change though - Goss the eternal 2nd :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't going to put this up, but I guess it's pretty funny, in an Albion fans, kind of way:-

[tweet]302519259253309441[/tweet]

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I have made a decision on what one to get, just need to decide which frame size to get, as I'm on the boundary.

Going back sometime this week, so should have it this time next week. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All seemed to score somewhere around 70 today.

Well done 1066 on 4th overall.

Thanks. Quite chuffed and shouldn't complain as I'm amazed I stayed up so high on those last 3 stages to be honest, but a podium spot would have been nice in the end. Just 5 pts away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No competition now for us plebs until Paris - Nice at the beginning of March.

Disappointed to see we're not be taking part in Tirreno - Adriatico as from what I can gather all the big guns that have just given us such a treat of racing in Oman are set to go at it again there.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks. Quite chuffed and shouldn't complain as I'm amazed I stayed up so high on those last 3 stages to be honest, but a podium spot would have been nice in the end. Just 5 pts away.

Yeah, brilliant performance from 1066. Did your 10 points penalty pay off, or would you have been on the podium without incurring it?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, brilliant performance from 1066. Did your 10 points penalty pay off, or would you have been on the podium without incurring it?

Yes, would have made the podium if I hadn't been so defensive and forced Kittel in to cover my back. Should have trusted my instincts and left him out or gone with Phinney on the transfer penalty instead. Oh well, that's this game for you - full of ifs, buts and maybes.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Take that steak munching Contador

The Froome starts his epic year

Attachments

• Froome dog.jpg
    Froome dog.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 33

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No competition now for us plebs until Paris - Nice at the beginning of March.

Disappointed to see we're not be taking part in Tirreno - Adriatico as from what I can gather all the big guns that have just given us such a treat of racing in Oman are set to go at it again there.

Although it'll be quite nice to just watch, with nothing invested in the result...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Take that steak munching Contador

The Froome starts his epic year

2013 Tour de France podium? :whistle:

To be honest though, now we have the good news that Katusha's appeal has been successful and they've got their World Tour License after all, I'd love to see Purito up on that podium.

- - - Updated - - -

Although it'll be quite nice to just watch, with nothing invested in the result...

'Tis a fair point :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cadel ain't getting close to the Tour podium.

?I doubt he'll even be the highest placed BMC rider.

Yeah, fair enough, TJVG to place higher perhaps, but I wouldn't be too hasty to write old frog face out of one final throw of the dice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here