Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I may have done too much reading and taken some patter too seriously, but the flat bar option is what I'm after as apparently it is better for you back, if you have had back problems in the past which I have.

Well I can put that one to bed for you straight away. I have back problems from years of hod carrying in my youth and I'm now the wrong side of 40. I got a road bike again late last year having convinced myself I wanted a hybrid road flat bar. Best decision I ever made! Go out on longish rides now and don't suffer any back trouble. Yes I come back stiff in the shoulders sometimes and legs ache etc., but on a road bike you need to remember you have MORE comfort options, not less. I spend quite a bit of time on the tops, go on the drops when I'm pushing along the flat or downhill and also when in traffic and often out of the saddle and up on the hoods when climbing. Get a road bike, I promise you you won't regret it. You can even take it out on cycle paths with the kids and, if it's nothing 'off road', you'll still be fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not wishing to labour the point (he says labouring the point) but have entry level bikes always been 8 speed?
Or is it just a way of maintaining the profit margin in the current economic times.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not entirely convinced of a Sagan win today so stayed GC safe with Bert & Nibs and hoping they'll both be in fine attacking form.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good call, he's pulled out. Bugger!

Blimey!, looks like sore throat reports I read last night were correct then. When did you find out he pulled out and is that confirmed?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Blimey!, looks like sore throat reports I read last night were correct then. When did you find out he pulled out and is that confirmed?

Tour of Oman - LIVE ‏@TourofOman_live

A few of you are guessing Peter Sagan (CAN) for the win. He withdrew from the race ahead of today's start with a throat infection. #TOO13

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know how you insert a tweet directly in to NSC, it would have saved me a lot of time the last few days?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Bugger! Missed the transfers for today, and Sagan in the team. I'm hoping Nibs and Bertie have a good day as I couldn't transfer in the jersey. I'll have 4 changes for tomorrow though, which could be handy!

Race bike is a 10 speed triple (30 gears)
Commute bike is a 5 speed double (10 gears).
Girlfriends commute is a modified 14 speed Halfords "MTB" to a single speed as the derrailuer was screwed.

Similar here. Race bike is 10 speed triple (apparently there's a small chainring - never needed it though. Must go to the mountains...!) Commute bike is Fuji Classic Track, fixed wheel - every ride's a points race, and it's a bitch in the wind. Should be good long-term though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone know how you insert a tweet directly in to NSC, it would have saved me a lot of time the last few days?
Click on the tweet.
The URL has a long number at the end, copy that.
Then insert it between tweet & /tweet but with the bracket things around it, like picture and video.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Oman break: Stybar/Trentin (OPQ), V.Avermaet (BMC), Irizar (RLT), Hernandez (TST), Grivko (AST), Schillinger (TNE), Minard & Kuchynski (KAT)"

I'm hoping it stays away and van avermaet does the business for me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Click on the tweet.
The URL has a long number at the end, copy that.
Then insert it between tweet & /tweet but with the bracket things around it, like picture and video.

Like this?

[tweet]302326331495051265[/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ooh how exciting.

[tweet]302338726460280832[/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[tweet]302340294265937920[/tweet]

- - - Updated - - -

[tweet]302340004401786880[/tweet]

Looking like disaster for me today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[tweet]302340916549668864[/tweet]

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the URL number thingy?

You have to click on details at the bottom of the tweet. If you are looking at it on their full profile you need to expand first so you can see the details thing to click on.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[tweet]302340916549668864[/tweet]

Oh dear!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here