Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thrown my Qatar team together. At least I have something provisional.

This is what I did. Tomorrow is the trawl the internet day for that winning three credit rider on the Japan National squad :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't know if this should go here, or Lance.
I figured here was more likely.

[tweet]296641558332186624[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've lost me. :shrug:
All cycling fans will be happy with an announcement the UCI will make at 5:15pm CET.

ALL cycling FANS will be happy...

Sounds like an order to me, what if I'm not happy?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know yet, it's not 5:15 CET.
But I guess if I'm not happy then I can't be a fan.

Come on JC this shouldn't be so tricky!! :lol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

The International Cycling Union (UCI) is pleased to announce that, for the first time, it will provide free, live broadcasts of the Cyclo-cross World Championships on its YouTube channel. The World Championships will be held on 2-3 February in Louisville, USA.

The UCI channel will then proceed to provide live coverage of World Championships and World Cup events in the Road, Track, BMX and Cyclo-cross disciplines. Mountain Bike and Trials will also be live, with the outlet announced shortly.

The UCI's live broadcasts will be available all around the world with the exception of those countries in which TV channels already offer the option to view the UCI events live. This new video coverage means that a passion for cycling can be spread to countries that have never before enjoyed such coverage, over all five continents.

The UCI channel will also provide highlights during the live coverage, offering freeze-frame images of the most spectacular action and most skilled performers. These highlights will be accessible to all Internet users, free of charge and without restriction on location.

The UCI channel is available at UCI Cycling Channel - YouTube

Schedule of live coverage of the UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships

- Saturday 2 February: GMT16:00 - 17:00 Junior Men – Live
- Saturday 2 February: GMT 19:30 - 20:30 Under 23 Men – Live
- Sunday 3 February: GMT 16:00 - 17:00 Elite Women – Live
- Sunday 3 February: GMT 19:30 - 20:45 Elite Men – Live
(CET is GMT +1)

Are we ALL happy?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Has anyone used/tried these 'Zero' sport drink tablets? They came within a package from wiggle, good reviews of wiggle itself, anyone tried 'em? ???
I got Citrus and Pink Grapefruit. :sick:

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
I use those electrolyte tablets for long races - alternate bidons with a tablet in plain water and then some form of rancid energy drink. I suffer from cramps, so figured the extra salts would be better than just water.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I use those electrolyte tablets for long races - alternate bidons with a tablet in plain water and then some form of rancid energy drink. I suffer from cramps, so figured the extra salts would be better than just water.

Just water when cycling can give you cramp because you're replacing salty water (sweat) with plain water, lowing the %age of salts in the body. I always try to use an isotonic or electrolytic drink when on the bike.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Has anyone used/tried these 'Zero' sport drink tablets? They came within a package from wiggle, good reviews of wiggle itself, anyone tried 'em? ???

I've used them and the SIS version for Sportives etc. I did Land's End to John O'Groats last year, and I used them for that . They seem to work, certainly better than just water (though I have a bottle of each).

Couldn't stomach pink grapefruit though!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've got tubes of the buggers everywhere! I pop one in a bottle whether squash or cycling, even if out on a shorter ride. I like [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] can get a bit of cramp, so find the tablets very good for keeping it at bay. I actually like those two flavours! :thumbsup:

Cherry/orange and Berry are also nice.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I've used them and the SIS version for Sportives etc. I did Land's End to John O'Groats last year, and I used them for that . They seem to work, certainly better than just water (though I have a bottle of each).

:lolol: Well done on doing Land's End - John O'Groats, plan on doing that next summer, got the cicerone guide book! I'll probably send you a PM sometime. :thumbsup:

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

I tried the pink grapefruit on Sunday and actually enjoyed it. I mixed it in 600mm, rather than the 500 they suggest. Maybe that made it more palatable, or maybe I was just desperate for anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here