Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe someone said a naughty word!

My favourite music thread, which got fairly lengthy too, was also moved to 'the other stuff'. To be honest, and I'll say this quietly, I'm surprised they've let us stay on the big board so long with this thread.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bloody annoying end to TDU for me, reminding me just how frustrating this game can be :down: Anyway, well played Pantani on a convincing win :clap2:

What's strange is the mug I brought in for the last stage on the assumption that he may have some chance of being in the Top 3 for the stage finished no where and has now gone UP in price for Tour of Qatar! I haven't checked the profiles yet but from this I can only assume they must be pan flat throughout for his value to have gone up for this with the form he's carrying :facepalm:

A quick glance at the prices for Tour of Qatar tells me they must be having a laugh. I can see there being loads of complaints about the prices and I can see a re-jigging coming before this race gets underway.

I think they're doing the right thing - they need to make it harder than just packing the team with sprinters. It's the same for everyone after all.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Bloody annoying end to TDU for me, reminding me just how frustrating this game can be :down: Anyway, well played Pantani on a convincing win :clap2:

What's strange is the mug I brought in for the last stage on the assumption that he may have some chance of being in the Top 3 for the stage finished no where and has now gone UP in price for Tour of Qatar! I haven't checked the profiles yet but from this I can only assume they must be pan flat throughout for his value to have gone up for this with the form he's carrying :facepalm:

A quick glance at the prices for Tour of Qatar tells me they must be having a laugh. I can see there being loads of complaints about the prices and I can see a re-jigging coming before this race gets underway.

I put in for reasonable sprinters and had 15 left to spend. As it is Qatar the biggest hill will be if they go over a kerb so I think they have the pricing right to make it a challenge.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, fair points, especially about it being the same for everyone, as premium will get no benefits from saving transfers as the terrain doesn't change. Knee jerk reaction from me then from a cursory glance and the kids moaning that everyone's way overpriced.

I look forward to the challenge then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You boys need a winning strategy!!!

My favourite music thread, which got fairly lengthy too, was also moved to 'the other stuff'. To be honest, and I'll say this quietly, I'm surprised they've let us stay on the big board so long with this thread.
It's cos they don't read it, we've got carte blanche over here, although I'm not going to put that theory to the test.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

It's cos they don't read it, we've got carte blanche over here, although I'm not going to put that theory to the test.

1) I'm just pleased for motogull that it was IL that pm'd him fantasy tips and not you. The bloke deserves a fair chance :lol:

2) You're doing a fine job of posting all sorts of crap galore all over the big board to keep 'em distracted. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He who laughs last ...

I do manage to tuck a few pearls in as well, honest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That fatality was a husband and wife knocked off a tandem by a car plod wanted to stop. That bastard deserves a huge serving of porridge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ITN news @ 10, on now, have a story on Operation Puerto, coming up soon.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Yes, very very flat, even their website doesn't show profiles for the stages. The Tour is run by ASO same as the Tour de France so if there is no profile it must be because it would be pointless to do so.

As for the prices, I couldn't agree more. Bouhanni is 33 credits! I know he had a good Tour of Qatar last year but he is a third rate sprinter in reality and I would imagine no one will be picking him for this. As for your mug, Kittel I presume, I do not think he will be there as they are currently showing 12 Argos riders and they surely can't pick Degenkolb, Kittel and Veelers.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You have to wonder how often we get 'moderated'. I would suspect none of the mods have looked on here ever as we've never had a binfest of any sort and on the rare occasion when someone comes on here to try and wind us up they get completely ignored. If only the whole of NSC was so friendly and reasonable.

It would be a sad day if we get moved to the other stuff, surrounded by Pooing techniques and team c/r. :shrug:

How can they move us? We may as well be our own separate board this thread is so big now! Maybe they can start a cycling board for us :lolol:

If they did move us I would not be happy, we must be worth loads to Bozza in advertising revenue. I would rarely use NSC if it wasn't for this thread, even SB would drop down the most prolific posters ranking if we left.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
3rd Great Haywards Heath Bike Ride

To all you Cycling geeks check out the 3rdGreat Haywards Heath Bike Ride a good practice for the Palace to Falmer Ride. You can ride for yourself or your own charity or it would be great to raise money for REMF entrance money goes towards running costs and difibulaters in the Mid Sussex area. We have 4 routes The Sergison (green) route family 10.5 miles The Cavalier (blue) 21.5 miles. Highwayman(red) 41.6 miles. And the Wiggens way (black)72.8 Miles. You keep all your own sponsorship for your own cause or charity. Please check it out http://www.hhbike.co.uk. For more details. We hope to get 1500 riders this year. We have riders from France & Germany taking part bringing an international flavour to the event.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
To all you Cycling geeks check out the 3rdGreat Haywards Heath Bike Ride a good practice for the Palace to Falmer Ride. You can ride for yourself or your own charity or it would be great to raise money for REMF entrance money goes towards running costs and difibulaters in the Mid Sussex area. We have 4 routes The Sergison (green) route family 10.5 miles The Cavalier (blue) 21.5 miles. Highwayman(red) 41.6 miles. And the Wiggens way (black)72.8 Miles. You keep all your own sponsorship for your own cause or charity. Please check it out http://www.hhbike.co.uk. For more details. We hope to get 1500 riders this year. We have riders from France & Germany taking part bringing an international flavour to the event.

Already filed up the form, about a month ago, just need to wait to get a new bike. I'm doing, unless friends want to do something else, thou Highwayman. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You have to wonder how often we get 'moderated'. I would suspect none of the mods have looked on here ever as we've never had a binfest of any sort and on the rare occasion when someone comes on here to try and wind us up they get completely ignored. If only the whole of NSC was so friendly and reasonable.
The question is are we completely trusted to not post pictures of willies, boobies or say anything proper proper wrong.
On that score I think we probably are, just.

How can they move us? We may as well be our own separate board this thread is so big now! Maybe they can start a cycling board for us :lolol:
Less talk like that just in case, I wouldn't want us to be anywhere other than the main board.
T'is always the first thing I look for.
I did chuckle on Saturday when I got in from Arsenal and 1066 (I think) had just posted something so this thread was about fourth on the board.

If they did move us I would not be happy, we must be worth loads to Bozza in advertising revenue. I would rarely use NSC if it wasn't for this thread, even SB would drop down the most prolific posters ranking if we left.
Which is also in hand, with varying degrees of success.
It'll have to be a fairly spectacular Tour, for me to trouble the top 20, this year.

just need to wait to get a new bike.
New bike, new bike, why the hell haven't we been consulted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here