Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just had a little peruse of my Qatar team, and of the 9 provisional picks I made 5 are greyed out already :lol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
3 Icelandic's in my team. Ruddy expensive as few people have pointed out, 5 of my team all cost under 4.1 credits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just 2 Liquigas chaps out.
Easily changed what with my new strategy!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
To all you Cycling geeks check out the 3rdGreat Haywards Heath Bike Ride a good practice for the Palace to Falmer Ride. You can ride for yourself or your own charity or it would be great to raise money for REMF entrance money goes towards running costs and difibulaters in the Mid Sussex area. We have 4 routes The Sergison (green) route family 10.5 miles The Cavalier (blue) 21.5 miles. Highwayman(red) 41.6 miles. And the Wiggens way (black)72.8 Miles. You keep all your own sponsorship for your own cause or charity. Please check it out http://www.hhbike.co.uk. For more details. We hope to get 1500 riders this year. We have riders from France & Germany taking part bringing an international flavour to the event.

That link doesn't work.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Thanks I put the wrong link. It would great to have a team in Brighton Shirts raising money for REMF or Brighton In the community or your own charity or just riding for fun? Several Palace fans ride every year.
Just for fun, first time doing this ride, bit of a trial for the new bike.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd love to do Kidd's Hill, but the black route will be beyond me. Tempted by the red route. Who plans to do what then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to do Kidd's Hill, but the black route will be beyond me. Tempted by the red route. Who plans to do what then?
Kidd's Hill (The Wall) is a bit of an anti-climax.
I was expecting something a lot more brutal, here's plenty of more taxing climbs within a stones throw of KH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Beautiful part of the world up there. Love the Ashdown Forest.
Yeah although the left turn descent is a pretty dangerous section.
It's quick but very gravelly and usually standing water at bottom, on another left hand bend.

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Tour Of Qatar (Fantasy Cycling) :lolol:

I wish I could do TT's!

Ah, fair dos! Thought I'd missed a race. That said, you certainly can do TTs, as can anyone in possession of a bike and a lid. If anyone fancies a bash later in the year, I'll post the details of some friendly local club TTs. £3 to enter, just turn up and ride. I can guarantee you won't finish last.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ah, fair dos! Thought I'd missed a race. That said, you certainly can do TTs, as can anyone in possession of a bike and a lid. If anyone fancies a bash later in the year, I'll post the details of some friendly local club TTs. £3 to enter, just turn up and ride. I can guarantee you won't finish last.

Assuming they can't do closed courses, how does it work with traffic lights & junctions?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]296343860857167872[/tweet]

[tweet]296344113912115202[/tweet]

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Assuming they can't do closed courses, how does it work with traffic lights & junctions?

Most of them tend to be on bigger roads with no traffic lights and the turns are either left handers or at roundabouts. Think the nearest one to you is on the a259 (?) between pevensey and cooden. Eastbourne rovers organise one there on a thurs night from April to end of August. Other sussex courses used for midweek evening tts are on the a22 at east hoathley, the a264 at rusper, the a24 at washington and the steyning bypass. Seriously, if you're even halfway interested, give it a go. It's addictive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here