Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we could have 3 from any one team.

I had a whole new strategy worked out, that was going to blow everyone's socks off.

I'm going to give it a go with what I've got, for Qatar, but I don't think it's going to work out.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've tried to pick my team a couple of times for Qatar and keep getting frustrated, this is so pointless. Pick Cav, a random assortment of other sprinters trying to get second place and a bunch of no hopers from the small conti teams. What is the point in the Tour of Qatar really, it would be worth watching if Greipel and Cav were there, just one of them = boring procession.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've tried to pick my team a couple of times for Qatar and keep getting frustrated, this is so pointless. Pick Cav, a random assortment of other sprinters trying to get second place and a bunch of no hopers from the small conti teams. What is the point in the Tour of Qatar really, it would be worth watching if Greipel and Cav were there, just one of them = boring procession.
Well if you'd come to the strategy meeting, you'll know how to turn this into a points bonanza.

A bonanza I tells yer.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

You've also got Sagan to mix it up this year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
John Degenkolb?
Ben Swift?
Mat Goss?
Jeff Soup?
Daniele Bennati?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You've also got Sagan to mix it up this year.

Doesn't look like he is on top form yet. The sprint that Modolo won in San Luis should have been right up Sagan's street, yet he finished 5th behind Modolo, Cav, Howard and Debusschere (??, exactly). At 40 credits I shall be steering clear of young Sagan, and I am sure it will prove a mistake but sometimes you have to take a risk.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
John Degenkolb?
Ben Swift?
Mat Goss?
Jeff Soup?
Daniele Bennati?

Swift looks over priced to me. Matt Goss is too inconsistent considering the amount of work Greenedge do for him. Soupe, I like but he prefers a harder stage before the sprint generally. If Goss is inconsistent then Bennati defines the word. Not sure where I am going to go, maybe leave it a few days and pick my team once the final team lists are out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Swift looks over priced to me. Matt Goss is too inconsistent considering the amount of work Greenedge do for him. Soupe, I like but he prefers a harder stage before the sprint generally. If Goss is inconsistent then Bennati defines the word. Not sure where I am going to go, maybe leave it a few days and pick my team once the final team lists are out.
I don't care about the terrain Jeff Soup's name is going to be cropping up regularly :lol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Just had a (rough) read of Le Tour de France 2012 thread, whatever happened to Stoickhov (sp) and why is it in 'the other stuff'. ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody annoying end to TDU for me, reminding me just how frustrating this game can be :down: Anyway, well played Pantani on a convincing win :clap2:

What's strange is the mug I brought in for the last stage on the assumption that he may have some chance of being in the Top 3 for the stage finished no where and has now gone UP in price for Tour of Qatar! I haven't checked the profiles yet but from this I can only assume they must be pan flat throughout for his value to have gone up for this with the form he's carrying :facepalm:

A quick glance at the prices for Tour of Qatar tells me they must be having a laugh. I can see there being loads of complaints about the prices and I can see a re-jigging coming before this race gets underway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here