NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was all a bit quick, well done.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Took about 2 hours yesterday. I was nervous as hell putting the headset in with the makeshift tool.

Always the area I worry about most. The problem with many of these modern headsets is that they just seem to sit there looking not particularly secure, especially the internal ones. The whole not doing it all up too tight also seems to go against logic for keeping yourself safe. There's no coming back from your forks just dropping out of your frame is there?

We had a customer once who came in to Evan's asking if we had a piece of steerer tube he could buy. It turns out he had cut his too short on his new forks, and wanted to weld a piece back on the top! Suicide comes in many forms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not being able to ride a bike would be the least of your worries, all the time you're prepared to do DIY blood transfusions using an, 'old bag I found in the back of the fridge'.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I guess he could become a phlebotomist. :lolol:

Glad that cheating wanker is out the sport. Hopefully it will be a warning to others.

This, he really ruined the sport for a while, was an open cheat and sorry Pantani (love the user name) but he took his adulation of the pirate to the next level.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Really looking forward to LBL tomorrow. Settled on my team now. Just a quick check in the morning to confirm they're all set to start before I confirm my transfers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After today it's the Giro, and it all starts properly!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok chaps, who's cheering who today. I must have been deliriously tired last night, when I changed my team:-

Frank, NSC's own, Iglinsky, Albasini & Nordhaug have stayed.
Valverde out in favour of J Rod, and Henao make up my 'stars'.

Vanendart & Ellisonde :shrug: finish off the team

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Over slept this morning, so no transfers for me. Not happy at all, Samuel Sanchez will win as I did not transfer him in :angry:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Luckily I made it up in time for transfers, as I was leaving them for this morning just in case Gilbert cried off with that cold (not that it was likely to happen).

Was going to move out Valverde as he's not in form, but seeing as everyone else will probably move him and it's his favourite classic, I've kept him in.

So my team looks like this :

J Rod, Gilbert, Valverde, Gerrans. Brice Feillu, Julien Antomarchi, Mauro Santambrogio, Nicki Sorensen, Gorka Izagirre.

Could have worked in Nordhaug easily enough but didn't as he's too popular. Cue Nordhaug picking up big points. Wanted to try for some breaks with the cheap DS's instead, but I didn't win anything in that raffle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was going to move out Valverde as he's not in form, but seeing as everyone else will probably move him and it's his favourite classic, I've kept him in.
Well I've certainly helped your cause by binning him off.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sanchez has had a mechanical and seems to be struggling to get back on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, rear derailleur they seem to think. Just got back on now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have to feel for Simon Geschke going down like that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having always been used to Phil & Paul for my cycling commentary, it's strange hearing Sean Kelly for me now. He certainly seems to have slowed down a bit from his 1,000 words a minute I was used to hearing him fire off when being interviewed on finish lines :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Valverde not looking good at the back, he is one who would have been out of my team. He doesn't like the cold and rain much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm somewhat surprised Vanendert. has been getting a mention.
I'd not heard of him, well I don't think I had.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Valverde certainly a gamble with these conditions and his current form, but as loads of people will have transferred him out, I reckon he's worth that gamble seeing as it's the only way to really pick up points on others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here