Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just started reading David Millar's book. So far it's very good. He's not stated doping yet though.
I really enjoyed that one, it certainly helps to know he actually wrote it!

I loved the opening regarding his ride into Barcelona, he does really well to capture the moment.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I didn't think Cav and Brad were going to ride together, until Le Tour.
It seems like there's been a rethink.

Well done G

Tour De Romandie 2012: Stage 1 Results | Cyclingnews.com

Absolutely smashed them. I know the weather played a part, but 5 seconds is a heck of a victory margin over 3.5 km. Interestingly if Romandie go with normal post prologue protocol Cav will be wearing the mountains jersey in today's stage, surely a first.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're being a little charitable there, Woody.
If the uber competitive Robbie Mc had even a sniff of the Green Jersey, he'd crawl out of his death bed to ride, Le Tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched Tour of Romandy stage 1. That was a pretty impressive win from Wiggo as he led out the sprint from quite a way out. He punctured about 25k from the finish and his team mates got him back on well, but no one left at the sprint to form a 'lead out train' :lol: Cav no where in sight. Ok, so the likes of Griepel, Goss, Renshaw & Petachii are in Turkey, and it was Westra, Tualongo(sp.) and Van Garderen up against Brad, but a fine stage win nonetheless. :clap2:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Cav beats Wiggo in a TT, Wiggo beats Cav (well, sort of) in a bunch sprint. Bonkers.

Just watched Tour of Romandy stage 1. That was a pretty impressive win from Wiggo as he led out the sprint from quite a way out. He punctured about 25k from the finish and his team mates got him back on well, but no one left at the sprint to form a 'lead out train' :lol: Cav no where in sight. Ok, so the likes of Griepel, Goss, Renshaw & Petachii are in Turkey, and it was Westra, Tualongo(sp.) and Van Garderen up against Brad, but a fine stage win nonetheless. :clap2:

Crazy stuff that. He sprinted from so far out too, when he went I was thinking way too soon but he held on easily enough. Superb win for Bradley 'Merckx' Wiggins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only downside:-

I'm not likely the National Jersey.

I've haven't actively liked or disliked it, but it's now getting to the stage I'm repulsed by it.
The sooner you're in Yellow Brad, the happier I'll be.

After an extensive 5 mins on Google most seem preferable, with he exception of Sweden and USA USA USA (even the jersey screams it).

Out doing the yanks for 'in your face, but holding onto a teeny weeny bit of class, I give you Luxembourg:-

luxembourg-cycling-team-s-s-jersey-7606-p[ekm]235x300[ekm].jpg

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I've always wondered why he doesn't give it a go in the smaller bunch sprints. He was very quick in a bunch gallop as a junior/young rider (well, consistently half a wheel quicker than I was, much to my annoyance!)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Jesus. Chain Reaction Cycles have gone downhill of late. I ordered a seatpost and new bottom bracket from them (sorting the OH's bike) and the seatpost was changed to discontinued after i ordered. This caused the order to stay at pending for a week with no hint of them sorting it. The amount of hassle i had getting them to sort it out was unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here