Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yeah, I don't mind the Eurosport coverage. I usually watch one until an ad break then switch to the other.

The beauty of itv is that it can be watched on the computers at work so ideal for cheeky tour viewing.

I do not own a TV so I watch everything through my computer... oh shit! Like you I watch either, or, swapping at ad breaks, though the picture quality and reliability of the stream is far superior on Eurosport.

For me the fact that I can record it on freesat then watch it all back 'as live' (skipping the endless adverts) in the evening when I get home from work is the real bonus. Great value on the Eurosport Player on the computer for the year, as I said earlier, but whenever possible I will be watching ITV because of being able to record. Oh, and despite Phil's adoration of LA and a lot of his gaffs, Phil & Paul are still my preferred commentary team for TdF. The bloke who did the Vuelta for ITV last year though was excellent, as was Roger Hammond in the studio.

Phil and Paul are still my preferred commentary team for TdF too, I think that is only because it is a change now though, as I spend the vast majority of the year listening to Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport. You are right about the Vuelta though, I would be ecstatic if that team got the gig permanently.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I quite like everything in one thread. It gives the place a less formal feel and is a bit like mates chatting in a pub.

Have to agree with this, plus if we are proper Geeks back on page 30 GPS we were discussing old news with regards to GPS, Garmin must have launched at least one model since then :facepalm:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I do not own a TV so I watch everything through my computer... oh shit! Like you I watch either, or, swapping at ad breaks, though the picture quality and reliability of the stream is far superior on Eurosport.

You can also stream stuff via www.cyclingfans.com - I'm unsure of the legitimacy of the streams, but it's been helpful to me in the past!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
excellent, as was Roger Hammond in the studio.
One of Brian Holm's New Years Resolutions in a 'fluff' piece was:-

'Roger Hammond needs to be President of something, in cycling'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For anyone else chomping at the fantasy bit, you may want to read this I think there could be some interesting rider prices coming our way and I'm curious to see if there's been any rule changes.
Rule changes, I didn't know half the rules from last year.

I wonder if your household has been counting down the days to the new league. 'then we can get our daddy back'.
I bet you slept easier on Christmas eve than you will tonight!!! :kiss:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rule changes, I didn't know half the rules from last year.

I wonder if your household has been counting down the days to the new league. 'then we can get our daddy back'.
I bet you slept easier on Christmas eve than you will tonight!!! :kiss:

Really?, can't say I'd noticed :lol:

No response on the Vicky P comment? I am surprised, or have you since seen her without the airbrushing?

As for implying I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas Eve, I have no idea what you're on about :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really?, can't say I'd noticed :lol:

No response on the Vicky P comment? I am surprised, or have you since seen her without the airbrushing?

As for implying I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas Eve, I have no idea what you're on about :blush:
With or without an airbrush, Vic-stic and all her many faults, will ALWAYS be worth the night-vision goggles.
Only ever rivalled by a very wet and muddy (correction what am I thinking) Lizzie A.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Trott is a step up from Pendleton.
She's got plenty of time to blossom!. (I'm getting the creeps just writing that)
She may who the N-V goggles eventually get turned too. (that's fine :lol:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is Monday. It is fantasy day. :)

Well it will be by the time Monday gets to you guys anyway. :(
I'm still struggling with this.

So it's tomorrow today with you.
But it's also the 1970's with you.

Confusing :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron