Going to go with the 'Garmin Edge 200'.
Won't get it for another month, so i'll have time to change my mind. :thumbsup:

Cheers all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phil Liggett commentates for SBS. Bonus! :D
I remember saying during Le Tour, I wasn't enjoying Phil's commentary.
They were feelings I had the year before but ignored them as it's sacrilege.

Sadly I'm not really looking forward to Phil's involvement this year, esp having not done himself any favours re Lance.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I remember saying during Le Tour, I wasn't enjoying Phil's commentary.
They were feelings I had the year before but ignored them as it's sacrilege.

Sadly I'm not really looking forward to Phil's involvement this year, esp having not done himself any favours re Lance.

This. My opinion of him has gone right down and he's not actually very well informed about things.

Do I revert to Eurosport for the tour though?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He slide very quickly down the slippery slope when I eventually switched on to all the product placement he does.

Always shoehorning in the AMGEN Tour of California, and a couple of others I can't place in January.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This. My opinion of him has gone right down and he's not actually very well informed about things.

Do I revert to Eurosport for the tour though?

I watch on Eurosport, usually, force of habit, what with most cycling being shown on there. And I love the coverage - I can't understand why so many people slag off Harmon - I find him entertaining and informative. Sean Kelly's an acquired taste, but I enjoy listening to him too - and you've gotta respect his knowledge.

The only things that I prefer on ITV are the little features from Ned Boulting and Gary Imlach. And you only see them on the 7pm highlights.

So yeah, revert to Eurosport!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right. First time out after a fortnight of heavy cold. Decided to take it easy and not do my normal run and instead to go and have a recce of the cat 4 climb I had found. For some unknown reason, I made it up without stopping. Haven't done my cat 5 climb without stopping yet. The rating calculations must be very close? I can only think that distance trumps angle. That cat 5 feels really steep. Coming back down from the 4 took a while, I felt cold at the end. Also had a 'brakes don't fail me now' moment as a couple of cars came round a bend towards me. Shame about the mist and drizzle.

I'm not a gadget rider, probably more of a cycling punk, so can't join that Strava thing?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Right. First time out after a fortnight of heavy cold. Decided to take it easy and not do my normal run and instead to go and have a recce of the cat 4 climb I had found. For some unknown reason, I made it up without stopping. Haven't done my cat 5 climb without stopping yet. The rating calculations must be very close? I can only think that distance trumps angle. That cat 5 feels really steep. Coming back down from the 4 took a while, I felt cold at the end. Also had a 'brakes don't fail me now' moment as a couple of cars came round a bend towards me. Shame about the mist and drizzle.

I'm not a gadget rider, probably more of a cycling punk, so can't join that Strava thing?

Nice one, love that kind of weather myself! Hate the warm and sun. :thumbsup:

You can join Strava and plot out where you've been, although she would need to know how long it took ya to calculate mph etc. :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Okay, I'll have a look.

And I went further than my normal run this morning too. Wonder how far I'd go if I didn't have a nagging Mrs and children to get back for?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I watch on Eurosport, usually, force of habit, what with most cycling being shown on there. And I love the coverage - I can't understand why so many people slag off Harmon - I find him entertaining and informative. Sean Kelly's an acquired taste, but I enjoy listening to him too - and you've gotta respect his knowledge.

The only things that I prefer on ITV are the little features from Ned Boulting and Gary Imlach. And you only see them on the 7pm highlights.

So yeah, revert to Eurosport!

Yeah, I don't mind the Eurosport coverage. I usually watch one until an ad break then switch to the other.

The beauty of itv is that it can be watched on the computers at work so ideal for cheeky tour viewing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, I don't mind the Eurosport coverage. I usually watch one until an ad break then switch to the other.

The beauty of itv is that it can be watched on the computers at work so ideal for cheeky tour viewing.

For me the fact that I can record it on freesat then watch it all back 'as live' (skipping the endless adverts) in the evening when I get home from work is the real bonus. Great value on the Eurosport Player on the computer for the year, as I said earlier, but whenever possible I will be watching ITV because of being able to record. Oh, and despite Phil's adoration of LA and a lot of his gaffs, Phil & Paul are still my preferred commentary team for TdF. The bloke who did the Vuelta for ITV last year though was excellent, as was Roger Hammond in the studio.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just checked the fantasy.road.cc website and they are hoping to have the competition sorted for Monday. Hopefully [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] can get to a PC on Monday to set it up. :)

I'm at work Monday so should be able to get it all set up. I'm sure they won't mind me doing this instead of my actual job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here