West west west Sussex
I haven't even thought of a team name :ohmy:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Still nothing. :lol:

This is getting serious!

What are they playing at. Don't they know the geeks are waiting?

I haven't even thought of a team name :ohmy:

Still nothing and I'm off to bed.

And you lot take the piss out of 1066 :nono:

It is not like there are any races for a while yet anyway. On team names, at the moment I am veering towards Soupe Francaise de Jour, but not certain yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It is not like there are any races for a while yet anyway. On team names, at the moment I am veering towards Soupe Francaise de Jour, but not certain yet.

I still am :lol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I was referring to people's feverish excitement. It's going to be seriously competitive. Maybe we can finally get an nsc prize winner?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was referring to people's feverish excitement. It's going to be seriously competitive. Maybe we can finally get an nsc prize winner?

I know it's not what you had in mind, but I'll put a book forward into a 'NSC League' Winner prize fund.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right then, it's up and I've had a read up of the rules. One thing sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it's this:

Saving transfers for subsequent stages

If you don't use all your transfers you can roll over a maximum of two to the next stage. So if you use one of two transfers, and the next stage has two free transfers, you'll get three. But if you don't use that extra transfer on the next day, you'll lose it.

Premium players can roll over an unlimited number of transfers, and their transfers don't expire.

Clearly there is an unfair advantage here to Premium players. Now last year I think only the mysterious Vivelepants was a premium player in our league. Are we going to make any ruling on this for our League as any premium player will have a big advantage over those of us that don't go premium? I see that premium players can enter a standard team and premium team on the same account - can Pantani somehow control it so that any premium players only get to enter their standard team in our league I wonder? (if indeed Pantani or a vote decides to keep the league strictly 'standard').

Two big rule changes I also see, both of which I quite like, is that it appears riders will be priced according to each competition rather than one price for the whole season ( Impey & Demare now 22.1 & 17.9 for example for TDU :eek: ). Also, you now have the freedom to pick any 9 riders rather than being stuck with always 4 star riders and 5 doms.

Good that we have a few weeks before competition starts, hopefully Pantani can lead some debate on where we go with our league? For instance, are we still inviting friends along and as many folks as possible off of NSC who have ventured onto this thread?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Right then, it's up and I've had a read up of the rules. One thing sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it's this:

Clearly there is an unfair advantage here to Premium players. Now last year I think only the mysterious Vivelepants was a premium player in our league. Are we going to make any ruling on this for our League as any premium player will have a big advantage over those of us that don't go premium? I see that premium players can enter a standard team and premium team on the same account - can Pantani somehow control it so that any premium players only get to enter their standard team in our league I wonder? (if indeed Pantani or a vote decides to keep the league strictly 'standard').
Do we have any Premium players though?

Edit: Got my account up and running, any idea how to change my password? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Do we have any Premium players though?

Edit: Got my account up and running, any idea how to change my password? :thumbsup:

As I said, I think only one of us went Premium last season. Hopefully we'd have a lot more players this season - not sure how many of those want to go Premium. My 13 yr old just summed it up when I explained the rules changes around saving transfers for Premium players..."that's blackmail!" :lol:

No idea how to change your password I'm afraid. Go to My Account perhaps and see if you can do it from there maybe? Luckily I can log straight in on my laptop as autosave has done it for me - I have no idea what my password is anymore.

Edit: Just remembered most sites have a 'forgotten your password?' button. If they have, click that and they'll email you a new one I expect.

Last edited:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
As I said, I think only one of us went Premium last season. Hopefully we'd have a lot more players this season - not sure how many of those want to go Premium. My 13 yr old just summed it up when I explained the rules changes around saving transfers for Premium players..."that's blackmail!" :lol:

No idea how to change your password I'm afraid. Go to My Account perhaps and see if you can do it from there maybe? Luckily I can log straight in on my laptop as autosave has done it for me - I have no idea what my password is anymore.

May just do that then :lolol:
The 'My Account' settings you can only changed your team name and go premium, and delete your account.
Gonna log out and click save password this time! It's something like 2ffd56f. :facepalm:

Edit: Road.cc has crashed for me. :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Saving transfers for subsequent stages

If you don't use all your transfers you can roll over a maximum of two to the next stage. So if you use one of two transfers, and the next stage has two free transfers, you'll get three. But if you don't use that extra transfer on the next day, you'll lose it.

Premium players can roll over an unlimited number of transfers, and their transfers don't expire.

Two big rule changes I also see, both of which I quite like, is that it appears riders will be priced according to each competition rather than one price for the whole season ( Impey & Demare now 22.1 & 17.9 for example for TDU :eek: ). Also, you now have the freedom to pick any 9 riders rather than being stuck with always 4 star riders and 5 doms.

Good that we have a few weeks before competition starts, hopefully Pantani can lead some debate on where we go with our league? For instance, are we still inviting friends along and as many folks as possible off of NSC who have ventured onto this thread?

That rule change is complete bollocks, what a ridiculous thing to do. Us non premium players cannot win anything anyway, so why change the rules to advantage those that can win the prizes anyway. Our league will be strictly non premium. Not sure what controls I have but I a pretty sure I can expel anyone from the league if I want to.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That rule change is complete bollocks, what a ridiculous thing to do. Us non premium players cannot win anything anyway, so why change the rules to advantage those that can win the prizes anyway. Our league will be strictly non premium. Not sure what controls I have but I a pretty sure I can expel anyone from the league if I want to.

Just the words I wanted to hear. Nice one, thanks :thumbsup:

My money will be staying firmly in my pocket. I still haven't recovered from getting bugger all for winning a Vuelta stage last season ( even though I was tied with 5 others and stage prizes weren't being offered anyway :lol:)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Good security vid that Woodchip. Can't believe the number of lights and pumps on view.

Staying with lights, saw a couple of wicked ones coming at me yesterday. Basic ones on the back though. Why is that? I'd have thought they are equally important, especially as you can't see if you're at risk of a whack from behind.

Gonna get Stava'ed now. Just prepared a longer training route on mapmyride and am a bit unimpressed with their climb ratings. Do these look that similar?

I will do it the other way around too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Said it last season, I'll say it again this season:-

'I ain't paying good money to be told I'm shite at Fantasy Cycling'.

I've just about got team name, but I'm not overly happy with it, I can see me have a couple rolling out over the season, like last year.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Exactly. I thought it might be all premium this year.

Controversial, I know, but could we take our business elsewhere? Any other decent fantasy sites?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
NSC League is up. League ID is 76139. If you want to join let me know your team name on here too, so I know who you all are. You can invite any friends/relatives you like as long as they are not premium players and they put they ask on here first (via you guys is fine).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here