Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hopefully this will come out fullsize (1920 x 1080). If not I'll have to host in in my webspace somewhere. If you need a different size let me know (or if you can see any improvements). I could have done the image copying a little tidier, but wanted to see what you all thought first.

View attachment 38004

Blimey Woody, that's fantastic!

You're blooming marvellous! - it fits a treat on my laptop and it's just the sort of thing I was after, thanks :kiss:

What programme did you use for that? I got something no where near as good as that completed on Openoffice only to discover I can't use a text doc. as wallpaper anyway :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Happy New Year, Geeks,

Are we going to continue this thread, or start a 'Cycling Geeks 2013'? Should we keep Fantasy Cycling a part of this thread, or have a seperate thread?

My feeling is keep it all in one place and continue this thread, we must be close to being the biggest tread on NSC, excluding BS like Word Association and what music are you listening to.

Good to see you back on here Pantani. My vote is the same as all the others expressed so far, keep it all here, it feels like home in a fickle, often doom laden, NSC.

I think a seperate fantasy thread would probably draw more fantasy players in to be honest, but then again any newbie who gets into the game and intends to stick with it shouldn't have too much trouble dipping into here for just the fantasy stuff. Besides, some regulars on here didn't get on the fantasy thing last season so hopefully they will be joining up anyway and with a few more additions here and there we should get a decent sized league going with a bit of luck anyway. I'd rather go to just one place rather than hop around different threads personally.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Good to see you back on here Pantani. My vote is the same as all the others expressed so far, keep it all here, it feels like home in a fickle, often doom laden, NSC.

I think a seperate fantasy thread would probably draw more fantasy players in to be honest, but then again any newbie who gets into the game and intends to stick with it shouldn't have too much trouble dipping into here for just the fantasy stuff. Besides, some regulars on here didn't get on the fantasy thing last season so hopefully they will be joining up anyway and with a few more additions here and there we should get a decent sized league going with a bit of luck anyway. I'd rather go to just one place rather than hop around different threads personally.

I joined the fantasy league for the last few races last season, will we have the rejoin the league or just simply pick your team ans start again?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I joined the fantasy league for the last few races last season, will we have the rejoin the league or just simply pick your team ans start again?

No idea, last season was my first.

Pantani is the man to ask, he's been doing it a few seasons now and was the one who introduced the rest of us here to it. As SB says, he's the boss.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Blimey Woody, that's fantastic!

You're blooming marvellous! - it fits a treat on my laptop and it's just the sort of thing I was after, thanks :kiss:

What programme did you use for that? I got something no where near as good as that completed on Openoffice only to discover I can't use a text doc. as wallpaper anyway :facepalm:

I used a very dodgy copy of Photoshop.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I used a very dodgy copy of Photoshop.

Well if it's that dodgy couldn't you have taken even more licence and stuck Purito in the Red Jersey instead of that steak eating gunslinger :wink:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Happy New Year, Geeks,

Are we going to continue this thread, or start a 'Cycling Geeks 2013'? Should we keep Fantasy Cycling a part of this thread, or have a seperate thread?

My feeling is keep it all in one place and continue this thread, we must be close to being the biggest tread on NSC, excluding BS like Word Association and what music are you listening to.

You can thank Woody for that music thread. :lolol:

As previously said, will we need to rejoin the NSC league on fantasy cycling or not? :thumbsup:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
No idea, last season was my first.

Pantani is the man to ask, he's been doing it a few seasons now and was the one who introduced the rest of us here to it. As SB says, he's the boss.

I think it all starts again for the new season. Pantani will have to start the league, then we apply to join.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's all pretty academic anyway.

Let's face it only one of us has been pining for the Tour Down Under, bought the TV station, commissioned the art work.

We might as well just hand the trophy over now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's all pretty academic anyway.

Let's face it only one of us has been pining for the Tour Down Under, bought the TV station, commissioned the art work.

We might as well just hand the trophy over now.

...what?...and keeping an eye out for form in the Herald Sun Tour and Aussie Nationals...I can't imagine who that might be :wink:

Early info for TDU - stage 2 looks like it could be very interesting!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think it all starts again for the new season. Pantani will have to start the league, then we apply to join.

With our same team & user names or do we have to sign up from scratch on that too?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeeeez, [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] is in for a shoeing if he's still 'between' computers :lol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm quite humbled. :blush:

My next step is to be able to create a file that will upload the UCI dates into my google calendar (allowing for NZ time difference). Could prove a challenge.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just looking at the ORICA GreenEDGE roster and this fellow sounds interesting...

Daniel
Teklehaimanot

[h=1][/h] Nationality: Eritrean
Date of birth: 10 November 1988
Place of birth: Debarwa
Speciality: climbing, time trials
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 71 kg

"The first black African to ride within the WorldTour began to ride his bike with his six sisters and five brothers as a way to ride away from the problems faced by his home nation."

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm quite humbled. :blush:

My next step is to be able to create a file that will upload the UCI dates into my google calendar (allowing for NZ time difference). Could prove a challenge.

I've started working out the odd day here & there off work already. So my little contribution so far for an at a glance not to be missed stages/classics to book off work if you can are:

Wednesday 17th April - Fléche Wallone

Giro - Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th May (stages 18 & 19) If you've got days going begging then Tuesday 14th (stage 10) might be worth having too.

The other one day classics/top stages fall on the weekend but I haven't got any further than the Giro yet.

Will look into TdF stages tomorrow. I'm hoping no more than two, possibly three days eaten into my holdays there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just looking at the ORICA GreenEDGE roster and this fellow sounds interesting...

Daniel
Teklehaimanot

[h=1][/h] Nationality: Eritrean
Date of birth: 10 November 1988
Place of birth: Debarwa
Speciality: climbing, time trials
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 71 kg

"The first black African to ride within the WorldTour began to ride his bike with his six sisters and five brothers as a way to ride away from the problems faced by his home nation."

Wasn't he at Europcar before, or am I getting him confused with someone else?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Must be confusing him with someone else. His first year pro was 2012. Looks a handy TT and climber. Bit of an African Wiggo.

Yep, had a quick check and I'm confusing him with Yohann Géne, who's actually from Guadeloupe but who I keep thinking is either Ethiopian or Eritrean. That's mainly because I once read an article on Europcar that said they had their eye on a few riders from those two countries I think.

Edit: Here you go, I did remember right, Europcar have got at least one Eritrean waiting in the wings Natnael Berhane voted Africa's top rider : SBS Cycling Central | Cycling News and Results | Video Highlights

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here