Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I confess to half cheating on the Milan San Remo climb sequence. Knew it was that sequence as I've not long finished reading Cav's book but had to go on Steephill to get the name of that last climb.

I'm rubbish at remembering things to be honest, and it's not just and age thing. I even have to ask my 13 year old for race results now from this season, even though I'd poured over them for the fantasy game endlessly :blush:
So the very first answer is the Poiggio (sp) then?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Happy new year fellow geeks.

It is fast approaching 1.30am here so thought I'd wish you all a safe and fantastic 2013.

And to you and everyone else. Look forward to seeing pics of the sparkling restoration projects in the near future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy new year Geeks.

Long may our reign as NSC's oasis continue.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're definitely being too tough, although it's hardly surprising to be cautious.
I believe he was a child prodigy when it came to bikes, from the moment he could walk.
BMX mountain bikes and now road, his bike handling skills seem to bear that out.

Ease up a little, but no one, not even Sir Brad, is the 'saviour' of cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I probably am overly cautious but I was a Ricco fan, and Lance fan. Possibly been stung by too many drugged up cyclists and it has turned me cynical.
And there's the problem.

I've always felt it was impossible to ride the tour, unless you were off your head, on something.

WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING? :lol:

Ricco Lance Pantani Cobbo (I haven't forgotten even if Wiggo & Froome-dog don't mention it) et al were all just too good to be true.

Sagan's good, but you can still see the credibility, just.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The problem is he is so much of a Lance/Ricco mold it is uncanny. That is what makes me suspicious. The complete arrogance, the turning up and whipping everyone. For the sake of the sport I love I hope I'm wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pointing out PS' arrogance in a sport containing Cav and Wiggo, is an odd call!.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Pointing out PS' arrogance in a sport containing Cav and Wiggo, is an odd call!.

But they both completed some sort of apprenticeship before shoving their head up their ass. PS has come on the scene with his head up his ass kicking everyone's ass.

Anyway, as I said, I hope I'm wrong (and going by my usual ability to judge I probably am)

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that's a geographic call. The Czechs could say much the same about Cav.
He wasn't even shaving when he past Super Mario on one pedal.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Sagan's my new "I really hope he's clean" rider - I don't think he's doping, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he is (although that could be said about 80% of the peloton, sadly). He seems to good to be true, and we've all seen that before... However, I find him really likable and enjoy the antics, and I'm really looking forward to seeing his career develop.

I was a Pantani fan and a Ricco fan. I also love the way Contador rides, but can't stand the bloke. I think cynicism goes with the territory unfortunately, and will continue to do so for some time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just for the record, if history proves you right woodchip, I will not be clutching my face in disbelief, like I would for wiggo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here