Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Yorkshire and London. Awesome. How many of you are already planning your annual leave to squeeze it in?
Will probably go to Yorkshire as it's a day after my Birthday so that will fit in nicely, although don't know about London as it doesn't give a date (that i can see).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yorkshire and London. Awesome. How many of you are already planning your annual leave to squeeze it in?

I'll definitely be heading up north, staying with friends in Sheffield for the two weekend stages. I'll miss the London one, a school day, and I'm a teacher.

It will be awesome, record crowds, fantastic atmosphere...it'll make last time in Kent and London seem tame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cassoulet Barge Restaurant, Sowerby Bridge, Yorks.

Got to be worth a visit, assuming you like beans.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Today was okay though. Typical. Gave mine a tart up this morning. Will give it a proper strip down and clean in the NY.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Today was okay though. Typical. Gave mine a tart up this morning. Will give it a proper strip down and clean in the NY.

You're right - it was. Promised myself an afternoon ride after watching the cricket and the Asda shop (Sundays can be so exciting). But as I got myself ready, the inevitable happened and it started pissing down again. I didn't man up. I didn't go.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Still trying to source a racing style bike for my 7 yr old son.

Any thoughts on this one from ebay? Vintage Small Kids Challenge Road Racing Bike, | eBay

Going to need new wheels with freewheel, new chain, probably new cables and brake pads, possible new crank set, however still might add up to a decent first racer for him.
Probably not quite what you're after, but...
Viking Phantom Junior Road Race Bike 20 Frame 7 Shimano Gears. VG55. | eBay

Oh, and I lied about the temperature. It hit 31 today! Only meant to be 20 tomorrow though.

Last edited:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Morning all,

I have been following this thread for a little while, but now I have encountered my first real mechanical problem I feel I have something to post about.

The problem is that one of my crank shafts has started coming loose. I can tighten it back up, but then it just starts loosening up again. Does anyone have any remedies for this little conundrum? The bike is a Cinelli Experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here