Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Blimey!, there's some reading between the lines required there I suspect and I'm not up to that just now. No doubt more will out in time to explain what appears to be a very odd decision. So Purito is top points scorer for the season and Katusha second placed team behind Sky and yet Katusha get the chop! ??? I know points scored isn't all it goes on, but nonetheless this all seems a bit odd.

I wonder if it's financial dodginess. They have been allowed to apply for 2nd tier status which, apparently, means it can't have been an exclusion on ethical grounds (a la gerolsteiner).

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I wonder if it's financial dodginess. They have been allowed to apply for 2nd tier status which, apparently, means it can't have been an exclusion on ethical grounds (a la gerolsteiner).
The line on the story was something like "according to protocol their application has been passed on for a Continental licence". It sounds like it gets passed down no matter what reason there is for it being declined.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with the entire system is, no matter how and for what reason Katusha is, it's nowhere as crooked as The UCI.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Put an auto bid in of $25.

Got beaten on one last night and another this afternoon. One was $70 the other $120!

You can justify buying yourself a cycling related treat with the money that you've saved! I'm looking forward to seeing how well the new addition scrubs up.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

Cycling just keeps on giving doesn't it? So many scandals to keep us interested in the off season. I can't wait to see the dirt on Katusha that comes out.

I've only trawled back a couple of pages so don't know if this has been covered already, but I see Lance could be back in the news again soon, he tried to get some court documents sealed, but has failed. Hopefully there will be some juicy stuff in there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've only trawled back a couple of pages so don't know if this has been covered already, but I see Lance could be back in the news again soon, he tried to get some court documents sealed, but has failed. Hopefully there will be some juicy stuff in there.
Thanks for the heads up, although there doesn't seem much else to come from this (famous last words).
I put a link where it belongs.

Lance is so special he gets his own thread, and don't think any of us can be doing with him here.

Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges - Page 11

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone tempted for a trip to America for the ULTIMATE in Cycling Geek courses?
Cromoly Brazing Frame Building Course
No, lessons and remembering important stuff, isn't my strong point.
I'd start with:-

138066.jpg
+
RLow-bicycle-wheels-JR1_9538.jpg

only for it to =

Brokeuni.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here