Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
It's certainly not ropey but pretty rough and ready and rock solid, as you would expect.
But I don't want to ingrain the grim while trying to buff it up.

Oh btw, never having been near a Brooks before I don't know if the above is horse plops or not.

View attachment 37447View attachment 37448View attachment 37449

Neatsfoot oil is what you need. It has a pretty powerful restorative and softening effect, but you can overdo it as my stepdad's saggy old Brooks would testify. If it could talk.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Looks like are heading this way with them.

2476458-p41w.jpg

(that's my 1935 Malvern Star I'm about to restore)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have about 20 bikes in my shed predating the 1960's. In regards to seats you might as well either by a new Brooks saddle BROOKS ENGLAND LTD. | CATALOGUE AND SHOP | SADDLES
or get someone to refit the old seat frame with new leather. it's the one part of the bike that needs to be a nice comfortable fit or it'll ruin the experience.
I know what you're saying but being a Brooks and original to the bike I have to give it my best shot.
It's not like I'll be riding it, it just has to look good!

Any news from ebay, Ty?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Neatsfoot oil is what you need. It has a pretty powerful restorative and softening effect, but you can overdo it as my stepdad's saggy old Brooks would testify. If it could talk.
If I end up winning a prize, from NSC's Amazon Christmas competition, for ordering a bottle of rendered calves hooves, I'll have you to blame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and finally.
[MENTION=20804]zfleas[/MENTION], I found these decal people a little closer to home.

H Lloyd Cycles - H Lloyd Cyles - HOME

They're pretty thorough, and even if you don't use them, there's pretty of helpful advise on the site.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know what you're saying but being a Brooks and original to the bike I have to give it my best shot.
It's not like I'll be riding it, it just has to look good!

Any news from ebay, Ty?

Sorry meant to PM you about that.

Got all set up to fly in with a last minute bid. much to my horror I'd forgoten to change my ebay account location to say I was from the UK> Bloody thing wouldnt let me bid because I was from Oz. Doh! haha

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry meant to PM you about that.

Got all set up to fly in with a last minute bid. much to my horror I'd forgoten to change my ebay account location to say I was from the UK> Bloody thing wouldnt let me bid because I was from Oz. Doh! haha
No worries, it's an open offer.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd love to, but got my racer to restore, and the other half wants an old ladies bike too.

I've got a heap of ladies bikes in the shed. All of which are Australian brands of the time. Most date from the 30's to the 50's.

If you wanted to restore something nobody else would have they'd be a good start(pics can be provided if interested).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now that's bar tape.

I can't wait for the pink, yellow (and will be) white Flyer, to have celeste bar tape on it. :lol: :sick:

Last edited:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
And I thought i've done most routes in Burgess Hill :facepalm:
I would do the Tour, but not the classic, might just stick with the BH Bike ride :blush: :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here