Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Going by his name I fear he may be this guy

5980001_700b.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems our new friend isn't quite up to speed with the small print of this thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you win loads of races they have to let you in to the big ones. If you don't then it depends whether you're mates with the UCI bigwigs. Simple.
Not forgetting:-
If you ride your arse off on the front, for your team leader, who goes on to win, solely due to your efforts.
You get no points, so obviously you have no worth and are forced to quit cycling.

Makes sense to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've added together my posts here, Lance, The Olympics, Le Tour and it comes to a truly shocking 1790 :ohmy:

I'll be interested to see what percentage of my total posts are for the year, on a football forum, about cycling.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've added together my posts here, Lance, The Olympics, Le Tour and it comes to a truly shocking 1790 :ohmy:

I'll be interested to see what percentage of my total posts are for the year, on a football forum, about cycling.
I'm only on 555. Although I have been fairly quiet this year on the forum in general, so probably about 60% of my posts are cycling related (lately nearer to 95%)

Don't forget there are other cycling threads that you've not included
"Can someone explain team cycling to me?" (SB 36)
"Lance Armstrong - Finally The Truth ?" (SB 24) <-This makes very good reading now. Well worth looking over again.

And there are many many more. Just search for cycling and tour. There will be loads of ones there with little green markers on them for you.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm only on 555. Although I have been fairly quiet this year on the forum in general, so probably about 60% of my posts are cycling related (lately nearer to 95%)

Don't forget there are other cycling threads that you've not included
"Can someone explain team cycling to me?" (SB 36)
"Lance Armstrong - Finally The Truth ?" (SB 24) <-This makes very good reading now. Well worth looking over again.

And there are many many more. Just search for cycling and tour. There will be loads of ones there with little green markers on them for you.
That's what I did so they are all in my total.

There's probably another 20 or so odd posts about Brad, and stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've now searched 'bike', in order to pick up all the new bike advise requests I've commented on.
There's another 95 posts :facepalm:. Mainly due to [MENTION=18774]Rugrat[/MENTION] and gears.

Anyho, as part of my campaign to keep the posts down, too little too late.
Now for something completely different.

Out on delivery today I spied lying in a skip, on a driveway, a very knackered purple one of these:-
FalconBlue_57_Full-Side_1.jpg

It was in a bad bad way, I didn't look to see how sound it is, and I wish I hadn't seen a picture of that beauty to show what bike it is.

Obvious question time.
As I can't get my hands on a 'classic' European restoration job, do I go round and see if these people will give me the Falcon?

Pointless asking you lot as I know what you are all going to say, anyway.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've now searched 'bike', in order to pick up all the new bike advise requests I've commented on.
There's another 95 posts :facepalm:. Mainly due to @Rugrat and gears.

Anyho, as part of my campaign to keep the posts down, too little too late.
Now for something completely different.

Out on delivery today I spied lying in a skip, on a driveway, a very knackered purple one of these:-
View attachment 37427

It was in a bad bad way, I didn't look to see how sound it is, and I wish I hadn't seen a picture of that beauty to show what bike it is.

Obvious question time.
As I can't get my hands on a 'classic' European restoration job, do I go round and see if these people will give me the Falcon?

Pointless asking you lot as I know what you are all going to say, anyway.
Got to be worth a go, surely.

EDIT: And no celeste bar tape this time. :)

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I'm getting a new 2011 bike in a few weeks, so i'll buy some bits and bobs for that, but it's not a restoration job, more upgrading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here