Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are very good events and usually pretty busy.

If you want to do I'd book earlier rather than later.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
They are very good events and usually pretty busy.

If you want to do I'd book earlier rather than later.

I did a couple of them this year - paid on the day for Brighton to Brighton - much more expensive that way, but not a problem. I will probably book this one early, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did a couple of them this year - paid on the day for Brighton to Brighton - much more expensive that way, but not a problem. I will probably book this one early, though.
I seem to always get emails telling me they'd sold out.

Anyone want to sell me some magic beans, I seem to be in a gullible frame of mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've put an APB out for one of these, at on my usual sites.
But I guess I would be a little remiss if I didn't ask you guys.
So has anyone got:-

a Huret - 5 speed rear derailleur.

Don't be shy, lets face it who hasn't got a 40 year old French components hanging around.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've put an APB out for one of these, at on my usual sites.
But I guess I would be a little remiss if I didn't ask you guys.
So has anyone got:-

a Huret - 5 speed rear derailleur.

Don't be shy, lets face it who hasn't got a 40 year old French components hanging around.

You could always strip it apart and rebuild it (if you're feeling brave). If not, apparently a Suntour makes for a good alternative (Huret Allvit derailleur, any good? [Archive] - Bike Forums)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Blimey!, there's some reading between the lines required there I suspect and I'm not up to that just now. No doubt more will out in time to explain what appears to be a very odd decision. So Purito is top points scorer for the season and Katusha second placed team behind Sky and yet Katusha get the chop! ??? I know points scored isn't all it goes on, but nonetheless this all seems a bit odd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Blimey!, there's some reading between the lines required there I suspect and I'm not up to that just now. No doubt more will out in time to explain what appears to be a very odd decision. So Purito is top points scorer for the season and Katusha second placed team behind Sky and yet Katusha get the chop! ??? I know points scored isn't all it goes on, but nonetheless this all seems a bit odd.

As Woodchip alluded to earlier, I suspect that skeletons may be released from a Russian cupboard soon. It does seem to be an incredible decision - Katusha would have been one of the first 3 or 4 teams chosen in most people's eyes, yet they haven't been chosen at all.

Velonation have reported it now: Katusha misses out as UCI announces ten remaining 2013 WorldTour teams
and there's an interesting article about it on road.cc here: UCI drop Team Katusha from 2013 WorldTour line-up | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more .

What will the little man do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here