Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any more news on the bikes SB or [MENTION=20804]zfleas[/MENTION]?
I am currently high on a cocktail of T-Cut and Brasso.
Brakes sparkling.
Crank next.

Saddle clean tidy and waiting for proofing to arrive.

Waiting on reply from decal people.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Still trying to source a racing style bike for my 7 yr old son.

Any thoughts on this one from ebay? Vintage Small Kids Challenge Road Racing Bike, | eBay

Going to need new wheels with freewheel, new chain, probably new cables and brake pads, possible new crank set, however still might add up to a decent first racer for him.

A lot to do, will obviously put the cost up. I like yesterday's model, the Condor bike you put up. It looks shiny and new and has a flight deck (which would be really exciting to a 7 year old). I can just imagine a kid falling for cycling in a big way if he got this. Personally I'd hold out for that one!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just been out and prepped my bike for the weekend. Brakes were a bit spongy, so tightened up. Pretty dirty, so better clean her up soon. Looks like I'll dodge the rain which is great.

That Burgess Hill run looks really good. I know Kidd's Hill well and would like to attack it one day. Its a '4'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did that do on surface rust? Not sure if I want to go down the chemical route or try tin foil and water.
I swear by T-Cut it's a 'miracle cure'.
I did pretty much every inch of my Liquigas Bianchi, it bought it back to almost new.
Bearing in mind it was covered in spray paint (not much surface rust) it did a cracking job.

Now it's lifting the spot rust, and years of grim.
I keep wondering if it's worth giving it a Brasso treatment after, then I do and it's gleaming, virtually new.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Cool. Time to splash out on T-cut and Brasso then.

EDIT: Just picked up the bike and it is a very pale blue, not the white it looked in the picture. Also in surprisingly good nick. A tidy up of the metal work, Polish off the paintwork, new tyres and saddle and we should be done. Wheels feel true and brakes are sound. Great shifting is quite smooth to.

Bloody happy with my $10 purchase.

EDIT OF THE EDIT: Needs new bar tape. What colour though?

Last edited:

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Any more news on the bikes SB or [MENTION=20804]zfleas[/MENTION]?

The bloke who was supposed to be supplying me the frame has backed out I think - I was aranging a date to pick it up and he has stopped making any contact at all! So now on the hunt for another frame :(
Shame really, I liked that one and had potential. If anyone has any rotting old frames in their sheds let me know! Cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bloke who was supposed to be supplying me the frame has backed out I think - I was aranging a date to pick it up and he has stopped making any contact at all! So now on the hunt for another frame :(
Shame really, I liked that one and had potential. If anyone has any rotting old frames in their sheds let me know! Cheers
Ask in these forums wanted sections:-

retrobikes.co.uk: The Leading Retro Bike Site on the Net
Bikes, Bike Reviews, Cycling Routes, Race News - BikeRadar.

Your local scrap metal merchant WILL have some.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Bugger. Not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here