Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still kicking myself about Olympic velodrome tickets.

I'd been on the case for days, even getting up and checking @ stooopid o'clock times, like 2am.

So up extra early on the Friday morning, refresh refresh and so on.
I finally gave up, and left it well alone.
An hour or so later I was just about to close the computer down, and clicked refresh out of habit.
Bingo tickets appeared, in the basket, off to pay, not logged in.
By the time I'd signed in, they were gone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oliver Brown ‏@oliverbrown_tel
Bradley Wiggins in hospital after crash at Lancashire garage, early reports suggesting multiple broken ribs - Wiggins in hospital after crash - Local - Lancashire Evening Post
Retweeted by Simon Brotherton
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
10m Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
Bradley Wiggins in hospital after crash in Lancashire. Believed he may have broken ribs and suffered hand & wrist injuries. Story to follow
Retweeted by William Fotheringham
Expand
8m Carlton Reid ‏@carltonreid
Bradley Wiggins has been injured tonight whiole out training. Van hit him. Bones broken. Wiggins in hospital after crash - Local - Lancashire Evening Post HT @TheHoxtonRaj

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bradley Wiggins in hospital after crash at Lancashire garage, early reports suggesting multiple broken ribs - Wiggins in hospital after crash - Local - Lancashire Evening Post
Bradley Wiggins in hospital after crash in Lancashire. Believed he may have broken ribs and suffered hand & wrist injuries. Story to follow
Expand
Bradley Wiggins has been injured tonight whiole out training. Van hit him. Bones broken. Wiggins in hospital after crash - Local - Lancashire Evening Post HT @TheHoxtonRaj

Just goes to show no one is safe. Have to ask how safe it is going out training in rush hour in the dark! Not like he was on the way home from work.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Expand

Get well soon Wiggo.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

I'd been on the case for days, even getting up and checking @ stooopid o'clock times, like 2am.

An hour or so later I was just about to close the computer down, and clicked refresh out of habit.

Was lucky enough to go to quite a few of the venues.

But the velodrome won hands down as the best.

The noise/atmosphere in there was absolutely phenomenal.

And in reference to the debate I was having on another thread earlier.. proved you can create a great atmosphere without standing up.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Track back on next weekend, very excited. If you have'nt bagged your tickets you can still watch all the thrills and spills on the good ol BBC.

The BBC will bring you all the action from some of the biggest and most prestigious events in cycling.

Track Cycling World Cup 2012-13 series

Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Glasgow

Friday 16 November 1910-2210, BBC Red Button/online
Saturday 17 November 1300-1400, BBC One
Sunday 18 November 1345-1715, BBC Two/online

http://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
So, after taking the man up advice i've been booked in for an Ear Syringe, almost deaf in my right ear :lolol:

Note: I already had Ear ache before i went out :lolol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Happened Again :(

Head Coach for the Great Britain Cycling Team Shane Sutton was involved in a crash on his bike this morning in Manchester.

Sutton, who was wearing a helmet, was taken into hospital where it was identified he has suffered bruising and bleeding on the brain. He is set to undergo more tests, and is likely to stay in hospital for the next few days.

The incident happened after Tour de France winner bradley Wiggins was knocked off his bike near his home in Lancashire last night.

A spokesperson for British Cycling said: "It is extremely rare that our riders and coaches are hurt while out cycling on the road, even rarer that two incidents should occur in a short space of time, and we wish Shane and Bradley a speedy recovery."

Wiggins has returned home now.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Happened Again :(

Head Coach for the Great Britain Cycling Team Shane Sutton was involved in a crash on his bike this morning in Manchester.

Sutton, who was wearing a helmet, was taken into hospital where it was identified he has suffered bruising and bleeding on the brain. He is set to undergo more tests, and is likely to stay in hospital for the next few days.

The incident happened after Tour de France winner bradley Wiggins was knocked off his bike near his home in Lancashire last night.

A spokesperson for British Cycling said: "It is extremely rare that our riders and coaches are hurt while out cycling on the road, even rarer that two incidents should occur in a short space of time, and we wish Shane and Bradley a speedy recovery."

Wiggins has returned home now.

Shane Sutton injured in cycling accident in Manchester | Latest News | Cycling Weekly

Be careful out there boys and girls...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How many people regardless of age will have their mum on the phone tonight telling them to be careful on their bikes!?

I'm expecting my call after she's finished watching Eastenders most probably...

Bold Seagull (38).....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How many people regardless of age will have their mum on the phone tonight telling them to be careful on their bikes!?

I'm expecting my call after she's finished watching Eastenders most probably...

Bold Seagull (38).....

My mum never stops worrying about me on my bike, and I too will be expecting the call this evening...PM(50)...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My mum never stops worrying about me on my bike, and I too will be expecting the call this evening...PM(50)...

Nice run out for you today then? I see you did the Beacon descent today (which I did yesterday), it was my first time going down it and some of the patches of wet leaves were disconcerting to say the least. I'm slowly building a bit faith in my Gator Hardshells now though, which I'm glad I put on for the winter.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nice run out for you today then? I see you did the Beacon descent today (which I did yesterday), it was my first time going down it and some of the patches of wet leaves were disconcerting to say the least. I'm slowly building a bit faith in my Gator Hardshells now though, which I'm glad I put on for the winter.

Yeah, it was lovely out there today. Going down the Beacon is always a bit nerve wracking, if it's not wet leaves and mud then there'll be gravel on the corners. Or bits of flint. You really have to have your wits about you, especially when there are cars on the road whose drivers don't think that we cyclists should be there!

I use Vittoria Rubina Pro tyres, and they are brilliant - once you're confident in your tyres the descents flow that bit more quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here