• Yes Please

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 63 67.0%

• Total voters

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
I see your point there - i agree with parts of it but not all of it. You started of well but its the second part of it i take issue with.

well basically cullip was our best defender for years and it just annoys me how quick people forget how good he really was for us, as soon as a player leaves fans jump on them and hope for them to fail, i don't like that, he was a great servant and a real leader, long live danny cullip, welcome back anytime IMO.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Happy Seagull said:
I don't rate him as highly as Virgs
I think Virgo will be a better player in a few years.

Turkey said:
Maybe, I don't recall many people calling him a bully when he was here though, he was a leader, a captain, and a bloody good defender as well.

I do, especially towards the end of his time here. Not forgetting of course that none of us knew he was about to be sold.

Yes, he was a leader, yes he did a great job at the back for us, and for a while he was a good captain, but I think his time had come, and I personally would see it as a step back if he were to return.

Not that he will of course.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
How old are you? I assume 13?
How did you guess

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
well basically cullip was our best defender for years and it just annoys me how quick people forget how good he really was for us, as soon as a player leaves fans jump on them and hope for them to fail, i don't like that, he was a great servant and a real leader, long live danny cullip, welcome back anytime IMO.

Where did I say he wasnt a good player?
Again your MAKING THINGS UP.
I wouldnt want him back as he is the past and will be out through injury alot

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know why some are saying it's a new thing about discussing his bullying. People were saying it after the Pethick incident and also the time when he called Packham a c@nt right in front of us against Port Vale in the last game of the Div 2 Champs season. Packham's only crime appeared to be bumping him over when coming to collect a cross. My observations were that he only seemed to only give out to people who appeared to be physically weaker than him which makes him a bully in my book. I could have been wrong but that's the impression I had of him from the events I witnessed.

There was plenty of debate about it at the time and some expressed that Oatway had a better style of captaincy by encouraging rather than Cullip's style of blame and bollockings.

One thing you couldn't fault him for though was his effort and I thought he led by example in the way he played and although it seemed he wanted to move on for a few years he never let it effect how he played with regards to effort and determination.

Something else I didn't understand is when people said he was injury prone and had dodgy knees but I cannot recall one long layoff in his time with us.

I still think he'd do a decent job for someone even at championship level.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I certainly wouldn't decry his efforts for this club but like BZ and countless others he's yesterday's man. If he came here on a free maybe but the fact that he won't isn't costing me any sleep.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Where did I say he wasnt a good player?
Again your MAKING THINGS UP.
I wouldnt want him back as he is the past and will be out through injury alot

well people are on this thread and you were the unlucky i ended up having a pop up maybe u didnt suggest that but u were in wrong place at wrong time, live with it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
well people are on this thread and you were the unlucky i ended up having a pop up maybe u didnt suggest that but u were in wrong place at wrong time, live with it.

Id rather live with your fathers load on my face again.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Id rather live with your fathers load on my face again.

got alot of mouth aint ya.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
It was eother going to be that or you were retarded
Both attually!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
No just the one like the rest of us.

very amusing aswell.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i personally dont want DC to return, talent wise yes......

But he was a bully and the stories that have come out during his time wouldnt warrant his return.

He was class at the time.

Mcshane is better than cullip.......Passes as good in the air better timing cool calm.......

I Agree with sammy on Hinsh i think after the games i saw last year hinsh will go onto be better than cullip

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
You really are a retard arnt you?

Im so sorry.
You are such a cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here