Votes: 31 33.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 63 67.0%

• Total voters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I cannot believe after the service he gave our club that Cullip can be held in such low esteem.

He was one of our most consistent players through an incredibly successful period.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Wardy's back in town for Monday why not offer him a deal too?

Can I get back to you on that one? :)

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Bwian said:
At one time invaluable to us but now we have no need for a bully in the squad. He was a no nonsense type of player but very one dimensional-head it or hoof it forward regardless of where it ended up.

Sorry-for me it's a NO (for the goodness knows how many times we've had this debate)

Agree, his abuse was well heard by me, my bruv & 'lil sis in 'J' Block freqently.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Here we go again FFS :angry: :angry: :angry:

NO

I'm with you beachy boy. He chose to leave and thought he could get better. Now he is back in div 3/2 with Forest. We have improved without him maybe he was to big for his own good. The club is always bigger then the player.

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
You accuse me of making stuff up but you yourself are simply posting conjecture. Your opinion based on the things you have seen and heard. As MM himself isn't here to give us the answers we wont know for certain.

Conjecture? What rubbish - it is established facts that:

1) The club offered Cullip the best deal of any player in the Dick Knight era to stay with us last December - source Dick Knight

2) McGhee tried to get him back on loan during our centre-half crisis in March/April - source McGhee in the Argus

and

3) That McGhee was looking at Cullip again in the close season but was priced out by Forest's deal - source McGhee at Fan's Forum.

Now it's fine for you to say you don't want Cullip back because you believe all these fairytales about what a horrible, nasty man he was to his fellow players, but it is quite another for you to suggest that we don't have clear, factual evidence that the chairman and manager wanted him here. How much more fecking evidence do you want? :lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
London Irish said:
Conjecture? What rubbish - it is established facts that:

1) The club offered Cullip the best deal of any player in the Dick Knight era to stay with us last December - source Dick Knight

2) McGhee tried to get him back on loan during our centre-half crisis in March/April - source McGhee in the Argus

and

3) That McGhee was looking at Cullip again in the close season but was priced out by Forest's deal - source McGhee at Fan's Forum.

Now it's fine for you to say you don't want Cullip back because you believe all these fairytales about what a horrible, nasty man he was to his fellow players, but it is quite another for you to suggest that we don't have clear, factual evidence that the chairman and manager wanted him here. How much more fecking evidence do you want? :lolol:

Biggest one is that he didn't want to stay. No player is bigger then the club. FACT.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Personally I've never quite forgiven Cullip for putting himself on the transfer list for months, supposedly because he didn't like the training facilities.

If someone had come in for him at that time, the team would have been up shit creek without a paddle.

Albion Rob

Nope. It was all mutually beneficial. We had a player who could break up attacks and clear his lines and Cullip worked up a reputation for being one of the least compromisng defenders in the league - as well as picking up two championship trophies and leading the boys out at the Millennium Stadium.

Things have changed no though. Can you imagine what Carole etc would make of Danny screaming at them in the dressing room? It's no coincidence that the young players really shone through towards the end of last seaosn and I would suggest that is directly related to not having the fear of a bollocking every time they cocked up.

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was great. Just the player, and leader, we needed. He will certainly go down in history as one of our most celebrated players but he belongs to the old school, and sadly that old school mostly ply their trade int he bottom two divisions these days.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Albion Rob said:
Nope. It was all mutually beneficial. We had a player who could break up attacks and clear his lines and Cullip worked up a reputation for being one of the least compromisng defenders in the league - as well as picking up two championship trophies and leading the boys out at the Millennium Stadium.

Things have changed no though. Can you imagine what Carole etc would make of Danny screaming at them in the dressing room? It's no coincidence that the young players really shone through towards the end of last seaosn and I would suggest that is directly related to not having the fear of a bollocking every time they cocked up.

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was great. Just the player, and leader, we needed. He will certainly go down in history as one of our most celebrated players but he belongs to the old school, and sadly that old school mostly ply their trade int he bottom two divisions these days.

What he said.

Albion Rob said:
It's no coincidence that the young players really shone through towards the end of last seaosn and I would suggest that is directly related to not having the fear of a bollocking every time they cocked up.

Must have been a big coincidence then that Harding and Virgo established themselves as first teamers a year before he left and Hinsh half a season before.

It really it is hilarious how prople twist the facts for what what amounts to quite the most ambitious piece of droll scapegoating that even this relentlessy hilarious site has ever indulged in :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
London Irish said:
Must have been a big coincidence then that Harding and Virgo established themselves as first teamers a year before he left and Hinsh half a season before.

It really it is hilarious how prople twist the facts for what what amounts to quite the most ambitious piece of droll scapegoating that even this relentlessy hilarious site has ever indulged in :D

What he said. Legend.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

But those players looked better post Cullip.

At times you seen to bend history to suit your view more than the people you accuse of doing this.

Uncle Buck said:
But those players looked better post Cullip.

Harding made the mistake against Akinbiyi that got him dropped AFTER Cullip left.

But perhaps Danny was still watching from the North Stand and scared him maybe. :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here