Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
How many matches have we won in 2020?

If your eyes aren't telling you we are progressing then I wonder what you are expecting? We've played five games were we've been the better side in 3 of them on a par with Chelsea and well beat at Everton. We now get to play some slightly easier games and I for one fully expect results to improve...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
If your eyes aren't telling you we are progressing then I wonder what you are expecting? We've played five games were we've been the better side in 3 of them on a par with Chelsea and well beat at Everton. We now get to play some slightly easier games and I for one fully expect results to improve...

What my eyes are telling me is we don't hit the target enough and don't score enough, we peeked at 80% possession today and did feck all with it, pretty tippy tappy football with no end product,

we should have beaten United by at least 4 goals but we didn't. The table doesn't lie my friend..

Palace reminded me of some (not all) games under CH. don't take any chances, defend like crazy and hope you get a soft goal then hang on for grim death for the three points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Hughton fan but I much prefer Potter's approach. OK we still have some way to go but we'll only get better. OK we aren't converting our chances but I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating them.

Personally I think we need to get MacAllister into the starting line up, quite where though I'm not sure.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
[QUOTE=Kosh;9555611]Dunk could do with a rest, for me he's been 'off' for a few weeks. This might help get him back to basics and eventually back to his brilliant best. Not a disaster as we do have some superb CBs. As for the result, I'd have taken this AND the stats are massively embarrassing for palace:

Match Stats
Home TeamCrystal PalaceAway TeamBrighton
Possession
Home34%Away66%
Shots
Home1Away19
Shots on Target
Home1Away3
Corners
Home2Away5
Fouls
Home13Away12

Palace were awful (anti-football) and we should have won, BUT hey ho - it was never a pen and on another day we would have got the three points. Play like this against WBA and we'll be fine.

Rock on. :rock:

[/QUOTE]Tend to agree. I love him as much as the next Albion fan but he's not been so sharp in my view so far this season although in his defence the 3 at the back or 5 with wing backs is a bit new to him and all of the defenders seem to be taking time to adjust to this style.

At least the red was so late in the game it wasn't going to affect the result, like Bissouma's at Newcastle. If you're going to get a red then at least make it at the end of a match.

We do have decent options though to cover for his absence as you said and I'm confident Burn or Veltman will come in and not make us substantially worse off for the 3 games Dunky will be missing.

It's the shooting practice we need to be doing before next Monday's match v West Brom in my view.[/QUOTE]

Yep - If we can (well, we might!) turn our dominance into goals, it's not beyond the realms of fantasy that we'll absolutely smash a team soon... The stage is set...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What my eyes are telling me is we don't hit the target enough and don't score enough, we peeked at 80% possession today and did feck all with it, pretty tippy tappy football with no end product,

we should have beaten United by at least 4 goals but we didn't. The table doesn't lie my friend..

After 5 games including two against the 'Big 6' it can and very possibly is.

Lets see where we are at Christmas...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The often might I don’t watch Palace unless they are playing Brighton.
The brought nothing today though, I can’t think of any time in the game when I was worried about them scoring (questionable penalty aside).
They looked a lot worse than I have seen them vs Brighton in previous seasons.
I’ve not said we are great but we are a relatively young team who will learn if given the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you’re young and haven’t watched us throw as many games or get nothing from despite playing well as many times as I have, so I will ALWAYS be worried when there’s only a goal in it! I also caution against this ‘project’ belief, as if things will stay constant and time will be afforded etc. Not so. Complete opposite in fact. Better players get nicked, managers poached. It’s why each time a game like today’s goes begging I just don’t get the happiness that goes along with it. We need to flush that toilet when we’re given the chance, not place it in the context of what might happen next time we play them. Last three matches and we’ve thrashed 2 draws, 1 defeat and no wins out of them for all our better style and brand snobbery. Not that impressive when you look at it that way is it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Reality is with the 1utd game, if we had those chances again at least a couple would have gone in, especially March's hitting the inside of the post. The penalty reversal and alike. It wasn't our day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A very frustrating game to watch. Against them, I always feel the result is more important than the performance(yeah I know always is blah blah). What I absolutely get wound up over is our inability to have a pop at goal when the opportunity arises. Four or five decent chances to have a crack first time, but they're trying to score the perfect goal.....just hit it for gosh sake!!

I have to admit to losing my rag with Maipay when he cut back inside...... Why ? ..... he could have placed it, dinked it or even just smashed it. Very poor from him. No scapegoats but we need to be more clinical up top. I prefer Solly as
wing back as well

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

But surely that is progressing though, we just need a bit of luck and decisions to go our way now and again and we will start winning more often.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Like a ****ing stuck record. Give it a rest for god's sake.

I have some very special skills...I will find you. And I will kill you. :guns:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Well we have lost only 1 away from home if this helps.

So if we got i point at Liverpool,Man u , man city would you be disappointed?

We have won 1 at home and won 2 away in 2020, so when are likely to get a point at Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City get real,

last season we lost away to all three and I for one can't see that changing. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here