Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Brighton midfielder Adam Lallana, on the Palace penalty:

"If that is a penalty then there are probably nine or 10 a game. I am confused as to what is a penalty now. It is physical at corners and you are trying to get to men to block them. Without the legal physical contact it wouldn't be a game, would it?"

Brighton manager Graham Potter speaking to Sky Sports:

On the penalty: "The devils advocate would say if the player has hands up he gives the ref chance to give penalty. But the ref and VAR still have to decide if it is a foul or not. It didn't look a foul to me and he went down a bit easy. But they decided it was

"It looked a little soft. In defence of the referee, as soon as an arm goes up you give them an excuse to give the penalty.

"But, saying that, just because the arm goes up doesn't mean it is a penalty either. He went down very quickly and I'm not sure it was a penalty.

"VAR got to see it and gave the foul. I'm not convinced, when saw it live I thought it was a little bit cheap."

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t argue with this, palace brought nothing to the game how they stole a point is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they do, and often pick up wins. Consistently. Think we need to get our headS out our Arses and recognise their far better record at this level. We aren’t as great as we think we are. We just don’t beat them despite dominating last time too. And today we nearly lost.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Played Mac. :clap2:

MAC1.gif

Wow, didn’t notice the flick from Connolly. Class play.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Been much better overall for me. Much more consistent and okay a great passing game in the prem - not sure what people want / expect? We’re not Man City...!

I sort of agree, its just that when Potter arrived we all had a **** fest, problem for me is, he walked into a Premier League managerial job with no experience and fair enough he's done okay.

Supporters are very fickle and it's a fine dividing line, if we had been beaten today we may have seen a slight meltdown.

In conclusion, penalty decision was a joke and our goal was deflected, a draw is a fair result, possession means nothing if you don't use it.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
But they do, and often pick up wins. Consistently. Think we need to get our headS out our Arses and recognise their far better record at this level. We aren’t as great as we think we are. We just don’t beat them despite dominating last time too. And today we nearly lost.

But neither are we as bad as some like to make out

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The old cliche 'goals change matches' applies here. Had Atwell inexplicably awarded a penalty to us and not them, they would have had to come out and play and it would likely have given us the space to repeat the Newcastle game. Instead his intervention allowed them to play exactly the way they like to play.

We are not the best at playing against teams lined up in front of us, but the bonus is that we got the draw, when I think last season, we would have lost.

Onwards comrades.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As a Palace all I can do is apologise, we actually stole a point off you. I am actually shocked at how little ambition the players showed. Shocking absolutely shocking.

Going to join the bin fest of the BBS now.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Read bits of this thread.What a load of miserable ***** you are !.Basically C Palace playing Hughton's game but with slightly better players. All the moaning and oh ahh crap. Southampton totally dominated the tossers from Croydon, and lost 1-0. We were ok I think he (Potter) could have made subs earlier. As for Lewis was hoping for someone to clear the ball.So it would hit him and go in. So obvious even Souness mentioned it, good point lads well done.

So for a well known quote Crystal Palace "are anti-football".

Last edited:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

They often might, I don’t watch Palace unless they are playing Brighton.
They brought nothing today though, I can’t think of any time in the game when I was worried about them scoring (questionable penalty aside).
They looked a lot worse than I have seen them vs Brighton in previous seasons.
I’ve not said we are great but we are a relatively young team who will learn if given the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’ll take finishing below them (and staying up) playing the way we do 100% over that turgid awful excuse of football they play most of the time season after season. 100% mean that.

Even if means championship? Come off it, we’d give our eye teeth to win at Old Trafford, Anfield etc whilst staying in the PL year after year. Points trumps purist I’m afraid. All.Day.Long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here