NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We really missed Alzate.

Shame that the South American trip looks to have thwarted this chances of a start.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Just goes to show when you first time it! Would have been so disappointing to come away with nothing. Lots of poor individual performances for me, but we go again next week!

Lallana - MotM

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Problem is that Connoly will get a reputation for it! It will be the classic ' boy who cried wolf' and we'll miss out on a decision when he is genuinely fouled.

Reputation or not VAR should be giving that. If palace got one for that joke of a tumble then how tf does 50m man not get one for the push?

Both, might I add, are stinking calls for pens but how can we have one rule for Palace and another for Brighton? Connolly was hard done by v Utd too. Either they are all pens or none are, and we have VAR to make a call them all and should justify all their decisions for transparency after every game.

They’ve all been forensically looked at so why can’t we have a short VAR self-assessment after every game? Just a routine explanation of key decisions. I feel like it’s getting more and more personal for each VAR operator and less impartial.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Thank **** for that.

The very, very least we deserved was a point. To get it in the 90th minute is the most pleasing aspect. Palace must have thought they'd stolen three points.

Shame Dunk didn't do that on Zaha. At least it would have given the whinging prick something to genuinely whinge about. The prick.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

A truck load of possession, no end product, Palace shite, poor game to watch, lucky it wasn't on PPV.

Potter, free pass to manage in the Premier League, still not convinced, tippy tappy football need to short it out and quick..

Well he kept us up and transformed our way of playing. So not sure what you expect him to do.

You expect Potter get us to top 6?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I’d really quite like Connolly to stop diving. Mind you, he’s seen it work a treat today so...

Connolly didn't dive. He was off balance stretching for a ball getting away from him. He went down because of the defender's hand pushing down on him. Not a penalty, but not simulation either. Exactly the same as the one Atwell inexplicably gave to Palace.

Connolly may have been given it had he been Mo Salah. For some reason refs always seem to give him those decisions. Perhaps Aaron needs to study Salah's body shape, running or falling style.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Christ, why are people so negative at times on here or sniping at Potter? It was same old from us, for a lot of the game, completely dominated Palace in all areas apart from the goals column, but we still found a way to get a point despite their time wasting antics, and very much despite the incompetent ref, who gave Palace a pen for minimal contact but failed to give us fouls for very similar.

Also felt their defender who squared up to Lamptey could have very easily gone. It felt very much so that the ref was a homer in all aspects.

D

Deleted member 2719

Result papering over lots of cracks!

If you keep looking for cracks you will always find some.

Playing against Palace are not the sort of team where we will perform best, they are even more defensive-minded than any of Hughton setups.

If I was a Palace fan I would be looking for a refund even know they are not allowed in to watch.

They are misselling their product as football. It clearly does not present itself as football.

Diving, cheating, delaying and blocking, it is not football.

Wa****s:wanker:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Problem is that Connoly will get a reputation for it! It will be the classic ' boy who cried wolf' and we'll miss out on a decision when he is genuinely fouled.
With the hand in the back of Connolly I think it was more of a pen than their pen but at least we managed a point.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Should have won. At times we were all over them. Before the joke penalty, and at times in the 2nd half, we played well.

They were lucky to get an assist for a point by yet another useless pair of refs.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
[QUOTE=Kosh;9555611]Dunk could do with a rest, for me he's been 'off' for a few weeks. This might help get him back to basics and eventually back to his brilliant best. Not a disaster as we do have some superb CBs. As for the result, I'd have taken this AND the stats are massively embarrassing for palace:

Match Stats
Home TeamCrystal PalaceAway TeamBrighton
Possession
Home34%Away66%
Shots
Home1Away19
Shots on Target
Home1Away3
Corners
Home2Away5
Fouls
Home13Away12

Palace were awful (anti-football) and we should have won, BUT hey ho - it was never a pen and on another day we would have got the three points. Play like this against WBA and we'll be fine.

Rock on. :rock:[/QUOTE]

Tend to agree. I love him as much as the next Albion fan but he's not been so sharp in my view so far this season although in his defence the 3 at the back or 5 with wing backs is a bit new to him and all of the defenders seem to be taking time to adjust to this style.

At least the red was so late in the game it wasn't going to affect the result, like Bissouma's at Newcastle. If you're going to get a red then at least make it at the end of a match.

We do have decent options though to cover for his absence as you said and I'm confident Burn or Veltman will come in and not make us substantially worse off for the 3 games Dunky will be missing.

It's the shooting practice we need to be doing before next Monday's match v West Brom in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here