Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Whatever anyone thinks that was a dogged performance, never gave up. Still guilty of overplaying but Palace were made to look very ordinary.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Once again, Atwell with the grand no penalty gesture to Connolly, more contact than the one he gave Palace.

Yep - hand on his back, more contact that Lampey's challenge. Yet no pen.

The inconsistency is infuriating. Mind you, if Attwell had given it you can be sure VAR would've overruled it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pleased with that bar reckless Dunk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Result papering over lots of cracks!

Not sure I agree. As a team that used to put out performances like palace did there, we know that it can frustrate even the best teams. We found a way back even after palace were handed a goal on a platter by Stuart Atwell.

Palace created 0 (ZERO) chances in that game.

Zero.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Dunk could do with a rest, for me he's been 'off' for a few weeks. This might help get him back to basics and eventually back to his brilliant best. Not a disaster as we do have some superb CBs. As for the result, I'd have taken this AND the stats are massively embarrassing for palace:

Match Stats
Home TeamCrystal PalaceAway TeamBrighton
Possession
Home34%Away66%
Shots
Home1Away19
Shots on Target
Home1Away3
Corners
Home2Away5
Fouls
Home13Away12

Palace were awful (anti-football) and we should have won, BUT hey ho - it was never a pen and on another day we would have got the three points. Play like this against WBA and we'll be fine.

Rock on. :rock:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Whatever anyone thinks that was a dogged performance, never gave up. Still guilty of overplaying but Palace were made to look very ordinary.

They're not even that good. Imagine paying to watch that steaming pile of :shit: every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here