Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’m surprised at the fans who think this ‘papers over the cracks’.

Compared to where we were under CH, we’ve made massive strides. Controlling games but we don’t seem to be getting the luck. Dodgy penalties against us, hitting woodwork, etc.

Personally, I’m happy with the obvious progress, and this will only keep improving during this season.

Compare that to Palace - what have they got to look forward to. Wow, a ‘backs to the wall’ struggle to hold onto a 1-0 lead. Never enjoyed that under CH and much more enjoyable now.
Totally agree. They were backs to the wall from the kick off. Pathetic anti football despite Old Roy claiming to have the best Palace squad ever.

I'd be completely embarrassed to be a Palace fan, but there's no change there. Plus we know that they don't do self awareness.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Christ, why are people so negative at times on here or sniping at Potter? It was same old from us, for a lot of the game, completely dominated Palace in all areas apart from the goals column, but we still found a way to get a point despite their time wasting antics, and very much despite the incompetent ref, who gave Palace a pen for minimal contact but failed to give us fouls for very similar.

Also felt their defender who squared up to Lamptey could have very easily gone. It felt very much so that the ref was a homer in all aspects.

Probably intimidated by that famous, feral palace atmosphere.

It was even louder than normal today.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I’m surprised at the fans who think this ‘papers over the cracks’.

Compared to where we were under CH, we’ve made massive strides. Controlling games but we don’t seem to be getting the luck. Dodgy penalties against us, hitting woodwork, etc.

Personally, I’m happy with the obvious progress, and this will only keep improving during this season.

Compare that to Palace - what have they got to look forward to. Wow, a ‘backs to the wall’ struggle to hold onto a 1-0 lead. Never enjoyed that under CH and much more enjoyable now.

And they have an ageing team - bit like their manager.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

We sacked a manager that just kept us up. :shrug:

Yes and surely you know he was sacked for a number of other reasons, Tony felt there was no pathway for young players, his sides were dull to watch. he was a tactical dinosaur and relied on backs to the wall all out defence to get points.

Whatever your feelings on Potter he has corrected all of the above and kept us safe in his first season. So I’m not sure what more you expect of him?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are calling for the managers head on the Palace forum.

Lovely stuff.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Their football is dire. Always been the same, relying on a sucker punch or a pen to get a result. At home, ceding creativity and passing to the opposition, no matter the quality of the opposition.

Hodgson, probably because of his age, continues to get huge plaudits from the press and TV pundits. Minutes away today from being lauded again as the great tactician.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just a bit of over enthusiasm, he thought he had a chance and in a split second decision he jumped in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another day we’d have scored - so many scrambles in their area. Silly from Dunk but we still were on top for 4 mins with 10 ffs! That’s how much better than them we are. That’s been 3 games under Potter v them that we’ve absolutely battered them - 2 points to show for it. But we def win the moral award :lol:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Yes and surely you know he was sacked for a number of other reasons, Tony felt there was no pathway for young players, his sides were dull to watch. he was a tactical dinosaur and relied on backs to the wall all out defence to get points.

Whatever your feelings on Potter he has corrected all of the above and kept us safe in his first season. So I’m not sure what more you expect of him?

I felt this season we would progress, but at the moment I'm not seeing it.:shrug:

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
I'm very happy with a point given the way things were panning out. Would taken a draw before kick off so we can put this in the past. I never ever enjoy the Smelhurst game.

Dunk was silly and he'll miss three very important games now (the two at home are crucial). Doesn't excuse anyone calling him a c u next Tuesday though. He's one of our own players and an absolutely fantastic one at that. Glad it wasn't earlier in the match.

Now we can move on and batter Bilic's brutes.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
Connolly didn't dive. He was off balance stretching for a ball getting away from him. He went down because of the defender's hand pushing down on him. Not a penalty, but not simulation either. Exactly the same as the one Atwell inexplicably gave to Palace.

Connolly may have been given it had he been Mo Salah. For some reason refs always seem to give him those decisions. Perhaps Aaron needs to study Salah's body shape, running or falling style.

I agree with your first paragraph, Connolly was stumbling but did get a hand on to his back from the defender and even more entitled to go down than the Palace player.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Played Mac. :clap2:

MAC1.gif

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Palace showed they are still likely to finish above us. For all our possession and ‘brand’, we simply don’t turn it into points more often than not. Cannot be said we’re any better really, until that happens and we aren’t constantly hovering above the trap door. Frustratingly isn’t it?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I felt this season we would progress, but at the moment I'm not seeing it.:shrug:

Been much better overall for me. Much more consistent and okay a great passing game in the prem - not sure what people want / expect? We’re not Man City...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace showed they are still likely to finish above us. For all our possession and ‘brand’, we simply don’t turn it into points more often than not. Cannot be said we’re any better really, until that happens and we aren’t constantly hovering above the trap door. Frustratingly isn’t it?!

I’ll take finishing below them (and staying up) playing the way we do 100% over that turgid awful excuse of football they play most of the time season after season. 100% mean that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here