Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think it's been an hour now since the final whistle. Can we safely say we've drawn yet, or is there still a chance we'll have another penalty awarded against us?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some people on here would win the lottery and moan the jackpot was bigger last week. F*ck me, if my outlook on life was as depressingly bleak as some people on here I'd have booked myself a one way flight to Switzerland years ago.

:shootself

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yet another toothless performance. Ruined early by the ref but still nowhere near good enough.
I'd rather watch us play crap and take the points than have 80%+ possession and lose week after week.

We lost ...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Brighton midfielder Adam Lallana, on the Palace penalty:

"If that is a penalty then there are probably nine or 10 a game. I am confused as to what is a penalty now. It is physical at corners and you are trying to get to men to block them. Without the legal physical contact it wouldn't be a game, would it?"

Brighton manager Graham Potter speaking to Sky Sports:

On the penalty: "The devils advocate would say if the player has hands up he gives the ref chance to give penalty. But the ref and VAR still have to decide if it is a foul or not. It didn't look a foul to me and he went down a bit easy. But they decided it was

"It looked a little soft. In defence of the referee, as soon as an arm goes up you give them an excuse to give the penalty.

"But, saying that, just because the arm goes up doesn't mean it is a penalty either. He went down very quickly and I'm not sure it was a penalty.

"VAR got to see it and gave the foul. I'm not convinced, when saw it live I thought it was a little bit cheap."

Spot on from Lallana. Is that the first time Potter has ‘lost it’ in an interview?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We have won 1 at home and won 2 away in 2020, so when are likely to get a point at Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City get real,

last season we lost away to all three and I for one can't see that changing. :shrug:

Be really nice if we did. No other club of our type has such an appalling record against the really big boys away from home. Or indeed, at home if we carry on 2020s form. That’s why id settle to win ugly games like today because despite pleasing the plaudits, we get **** all out of even dominating periods of play against Lpool, City, Chelsea etc whereas others, inc. Palace, seem to pull off that shock draw or even three points once or twice a season and that might be crucial in our battle to avoid the drop (season 4)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Played Mac. :clap2:

MAC1.gif

I wonder where that shot was heading without the deflection. Then again who cares:lol:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Some people on here would win the lottery and moan the jackpot was bigger last week. F*ck me, if my outlook on life was as depressingly bleak as some people on here I'd have booked myself a one way flight to Switzerland years ago.

:shootself

A university case study compared a set of people who had won life changing amounts on the lottery and another who had been recently permanently paralysed in accidents and found that after a period of several months after the events the two groups were little different in terms of their overall happiness levels, both parties having settled back to what they previously had been. Who’d have thunk it?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Spot on from Lallana. Is that the first time Potter has ‘lost it’ in an interview?

Potter comes across as a complete wet in interviews. Well said Lallana.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace get new record

Since Opta began recording shot data in the Premier League in 2003-04, Crystal Palace are the first team to have had just one shot in a match in the competition and for that shot be a penalty.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Read bits of this thread.What a load of miserable ***** you are !.Basically C Palace playing Hughton's game but with slightly better players. All the moaning and oh ahh crap. Southampton totally dominated the tossers from Croydon, and lost 1-0. We were ok I think he (Potter) could have made subs earlier. As for Lewis was hoping for someone to clear the ball.So it would hit him and go in. So obvious even Souness mentioned it, good point lads well done.

So for a well known quote Crystal Palace "are anti-football".

If Hughton had the squad that Hodgson has at his disposal, he wouldn't have put up a piss poor performance like that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well that was exciting wasn’t it !
Truely awful from us, no attacking intent, and happy to soak up the pressure.
With the attacking options we have, we should be be more on the front foot, especially at home against teams around us.
Got out of jail today .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If that penalty was truly a penalty then we are approaching the time when if a defender touches a forward and the forward falls over it is a nailed on Penalty from the ref and or VAR.
Very sad times indeed. Lamptey the smallest player in the Premier league brushes a big tall atter and he goes down looking for a penalty. No way did Lamptey impede that player....no way.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well that was exciting wasn’t it !
Truely awful from us, no attacking intent, and happy to soak up the pressure.
With the attacking options we have, we should be be more on the front foot, especially at home against teams around us.
Got out of jail today .

Did you think your penalty was justified?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here