Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that penalty was truly a penalty then we are approaching the time when if a defender touches a forward and the forward falls over it is a nailed on Penalty from the ref and or VAR.
Very sad times indeed. Lamptey the smallest player in the Premier league brushes a big tall atter and he goes down looking for a penalty. No way did Lamptey impede that player....no way.

Refs give so many iffy decisions against us, it’s just the way it is. Friend on VAR too? We’re fecked

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well that was exciting wasn’t it !
Truely awful from us, no attacking intent, and happy to soak up the pressure.
With the attacking options we have, we should be be more on the front foot, especially at home against teams around us.
Got out of jail today .

I've got to take my hat off to you. You've got some front coming on here after a performance like that! I'd be looking for some blunt razor blades :lolol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m in the positive group of fans. We were by far the better team and bar the ludicrous penalty decision It would have been a clean sheet and three points. I thought White did really well and Lallana was class. MacAllister does have a knack of scoring and I think he’ll often be the man to come in for Lallana. I also think we were better at the back with Webster on the right and Burn in there. Quiet game from Trossard. Thank God we got the equaliser though - at least it has tempered some of the frustration. Onwards and upwards for GP and the boys. Come on Albion!

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Maybe you’re young and haven’t watched us throw as many games or get nothing from despite playing well as many times as I have, so I will ALWAYS be worried when there’s only a goal in it! I also caution against this ‘project’ belief, as if things will stay constant and time will be afforded etc. Not so. Complete opposite in fact. Better players get nicked, managers poached. It’s why each time a game like today’s goes begging I just don’t get the happiness that goes along with it. We need to flush that toilet when we’re given the chance, not place it in the context of what might happen next time we play them. Last three matches and we’ve thrashed 2 draws, 1 defeat and no wins out of them for all our better style and brand snobbery. Not that impressive when you look at it that way is it?

Maybe I’m young lol. I’m old enough to remember when the the times were bad and just about staying in the football league, not having a ground and the many other issues we had at that time.
I just try to remember how far we have come and that things will never be that bad again.
Yes it’s a risk that ‘project belief’ as you put it might not pay off, but you can see what the club are trying to achieve. Sometimes you fail, that’s life at least we are having a go.
I’m not happy with today’s result by all means I think we should have won quite comfortably, but we didn’t I’m just trying to look at the positives.
We need to learn from results like this as a team and try to kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Hughton had the squad that Hodgson has at his disposal, he wouldn't have put up a piss poor performance like that.

CH would absolutely thrive with the players Palace have. Hodgson needs to stay at Palace until he is 80

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Reality is with the 1utd game, if we had those chances again at least a couple would have gone in, especially March's hitting the inside of the post. The penalty reversal and alike. It wasn't our day.

Do you know how frequent that is though? Enough, perhaps, to say we really need to improve rather than excusing it to luck, ref, var decisions etc which we do after every match. Look, got no problem with people saying we woz robbed but when it’s match after match and there’s a pattern, surely it’s time to entertain it being our fault for not putting games to bed more often? Or admitting we just aren’t good enough, which isn’t surprising when the entire PL is set up to be rigged against #teamslikeus

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CH would absolutely thrive with the players Palace have. Hodgson needs to stay at Palace until he is 80

Go back in time?
Can he do that?

:shrug:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Did you think your penalty was justified?

It was very soft, but when you put both hands on an opponents shoulders, you’re asking for trouble.
VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious mistake, so there you go .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you know how frequent that is though? Enough, perhaps, to say we really need to improve rather than excusing it to luck, ref, var decisions etc which we do after every match. Look, got no problem with people saying we woz robbed but when it’s match after match and there’s a pattern, surely it’s time to entertain it being our fault for not putting games to bed more often? Or admitting we just aren’t good enough, which isn’t surprising when the entire PL is set up to be rigged against #teamslikeus

Lost 1 in 10 away

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It was very soft, but when you put both hands on an opponents shoulders, you’re asking for trouble.
VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious mistake, so there you go .

VAR didnt think it was a clear and obvious mistake? What do you mean?:shrug:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe I’m young lol. I’m old enough to remember when the the times were bad and just about staying in the football league, not having a ground and the many other issues we had at that time.
I just try to remember how far we have come and that things will never be that bad again.
Yes it’s a risk that ‘project belief’ as you put it might not pay off, but you can see what the club are trying to achieve. Sometimes you fail, that’s life at least we are having a go.
I’m not happy with today’s result by all means I think we should have won quite comfortably, but we didn’t I’m just trying to look at the positives.
We need to learn from results like this as a team and try to kick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff. I’m trying to ignore all the ‘brand’ noise and see how we can truly get to the next level, mid table, this season. I see way too many things that still need fixing for that to happen, and whilst I don’t think we’ll go down, I do think this seasons going to be toughest yet since we came back into the top flight. i.e. we’ll be in a prolonged relegation battle more likely than not.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
If that penalty was truly a penalty then we are approaching the time when if a defender touches a forward and the forward falls over it is a nailed on Penalty from the ref and or VAR.
Not if its BHA its not, when Paul Pogba fouls Connolly in the box and its not a pen. We have had some shit luck this season. Has to change for the better sooner or later.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I sort of agree, its just that when Potter arrived we all had a **** fest, problem for me is, he walked into a Premier League managerial job with no experience and fair enough he's done okay.

Supporters are very fickle and it's a fine dividing line, if we had been beaten today we may have seen a slight meltdown.

In conclusion, penalty decision was a joke and our goal was deflected, a draw is a fair result, possession means nothing if you don't use it.

All opinions but I don’t think anyone was having a **** fest over Potter - we’re still in the hardest league in the world!

Don’t agree with the draw and a few palace mates have text me to say how lucky they were. 1 pen 1 shot at home does not deserve a point!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even if means championship? Come off it, we’d give our eye teeth to win at Old Trafford, Anfield etc whilst staying in the PL year after year. Points trumps purist I’m afraid. All.Day.Long.

I said assuming we stay up. Yep 100% stick by that. They occasionally have a game where they play and it can be more affective against top 6 sides than trying to play them man for man - but yes it’s absolutely shocking football. Same goes for Burnley.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
All opinions but I don’t think anyone was having a **** fest over Potter - we’re still in the hardest league in the world!

Don’t agree with the draw and a few palace mates have text me to say how lucky they were. 1 pen 1 shot at home does not deserve a point!

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not if its BHA its not, when Paul Pogba fouls Connolly in the box and its not a pen. We have had some shit luck this season. Has to change for the better sooner or later.
I agree and i know all footie fans look through club colour spectacles but we really have not had the rub of the green. Against Man U on another day it could have been 7 - 3

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just saw this gem on Holmesdale.net...

“ CPFC under Hodgson this season :

Possession : 20th in PL
Successful passes : 20th in PL
Passes in opposition half : 19th in PL
Passing accuracy : 20th in PL.”

That’s really quite something. And they’re still above us. :mad:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I’d like to hang my hat on “I’m having a wankfest over Potters’s style of football”

I was pissed off at half time that we were so ineffective after the penalty but we showed character and continued to dominate possession, getting the luck we deserved in the 90th minute. I have always said that I follow Albion to be entertained and for most matches I am very entertained. I am fecking loving a Graham Potter led Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here