Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Keeper Joins On Loan

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
You don't really need to ask a Palace fan that, surely. Do they really want to consider us as rivals when we've struggled a division or two below them for the past 20 years (except 2 seasons) and we play at a non-league ground in front of 5,500 every week?

When we're filling Falmer and frequenting the Championship most seasons, that rivalry will quickly re-emerge - especially when they find out they can bring 4,000 to our place before reaquainting themselves will the usual beating we administer on the pitch.

I know the history etc it just seems odd to have one sided rivals.

The season ticket holder was 57 btw

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SJ's Love Monkey said:
That is a fair comment Dave, he is young and inexperienced but there is no doubting he has potential

He was also saying that Kiraly is back at Palace and a fair few palace fans are not too happy about it

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Dave the Gaffer said:
Just spoken to a palace fan in the office and he really rates him. says he will be a very good keeper in a few years, but is a bit raw at the moment.
:lolol: Does he go to games?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles #1 said:
:lolol: Does he go to games?

not as many as he would like unfortunately as he is a really nice bloke

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Caveman said:
1-0 win over you must have been your worse? You never know you still might get relegated. :hopes&prays:
2nd worse, Charlton's equaliser 8 minutes from safety was the worse. But yes, the 1-0 loss to you did make me feel pretty sick.

Though my Palace mates who don't really use the internet have barely recognised Brighton i'm afraid.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
eagles #1 said:
2nd worse, Charlton's equaliser 8 minutes from safety was the worse. But yes, the 1-0 loss to you did make me feel pretty sick.

Though my Palace mates who don't really use the internet have barely recognised Brighton i'm afraid.

As i said Eagles the majority of younger Palace fans just don't get the rivalry with Brighton, i have younger cousins who support palace who actually laugh when i mention Brighton. It's an age thing

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
SJ's Love Monkey said:
As i said Eagles the majority of younger Palace fans just don't get the rivalry with Brighton, i have younger cousins who support palace who actually laugh when i mention Brighton. It's an age thing
its an education issue sj! all albion supporters are taught from an early age to hate your mob.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
wigman said:
its an education issue sj! all albion supporters are taught from an early age to hate your mob.

I would question that, I would suggest supporters of my sort of age dislike Orient and Reading more than Palace

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Kinky Gerbils said:
I would question that, I would suggest supporters of my sort of age dislike Orient and Reading more than Palace

Which would fit in with the age thing again Kinks, Palace and Brighton used to play one another a lot more frequently than they do now, so the rivalry amongst the older generation is more intense.

Younger Brighton fans have oonly known 4 games in 20 years

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Kinky Gerbils said:
That is the daftest thing I've ever heard. No Albion supporter I know really gives a toss about Orient, and Reading??

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Kinky Gerbils said:
i cannot believe what you have just written.that is the most pathetic statement to come from a follower of the stripes.go and hang your head in shame!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here