Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Keeper Joins On Loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One would think that a player who is in the U21 squad and played 40 league games would be a better choice than a 20 year old who has played no league games.

I am sure that once we are mathematically safe Sullivan will be given his chance. It is most obvious that DW considers it unfair to throw him in at the deep end. If a couple of defeats knocks Flinders comfidence who cares but a couple of defeats could do for Sullivan what it did for Will Packham - destroy him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
SJ's Love Monkey said:
And you think Flinders isn't? :rolleyes:
He can't be as bad as Kiraly.

2006080700870934.jpg

:lolol:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
One would think that a player who is in the U21 squad and played 40 league games would be a better choice than a 20 year old who has played no league games.

I am sure that once we are mathematically safe Sullivan will be given his chance. It is most obvious that DW considers it unfair to throw him in at the deep end. If a couple of defeats knocks Flinders comfidence who cares but a couple of defeats could do for Sullivan what it did for Will Packham - destroy him.

Sullivan is an u18 international

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Big difference being U18 and U21. At U18 level Alan Mullery said Glen Geard will play for England at 21 he was released as being not good enough.

Lucky Finders is an u20 international then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kinky Gerbils said:
Lucky Finders is an u20 international then

You miss the point he has proved he can play at 20 years old Sullivan, granted through no fault of his own, hasn't.

We are nearly safe so it is a big ask for Sullivan to have put on his shoulders at this stage of the season. As I have said I am sure that he will get his opportunity later when we are safe, even at the end of this months loan if we beat Gillingham and 2 others.
(another 9 points).

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
However he plays he will be in a no win situation with Brighton fans, if he makes a couple of errors he will be slated as Palace scum, and if he plays well it will be that Brighton have helped Palace out as you gave him a chance to regain some form and confidence!

Enjoy Scott! :D

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Caveman said:
Well I guess the jokes on you as you've paid £1 million for him :shootself

Have to say not too impressed having a scummer playing for us but all the time he's in an Albion shirt he's an Albion player and he'll get my support.

That's good of you Caveman :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
You miss the point he has proved he can play at 20 years old Sullivan, granted through no fault of his own, hasn't.

We are nearly safe so it is a big ask for Sullivan to have put on his shoulders at this stage of the season. As I have said I am sure that he will get his opportunity later when we are safe, even at the end of this months loan if we beat Gillingham and 2 others.
(another 9 points).

But why play a keeper who is ment to be a bit dodge? least if Sullivan makes a mistake it will a Brighton youth keeper making a mistake rather than some other teams youth keeper, what do we learn from that - more importantly what does Sullivan learn from this?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kinky Gerbils said:
But why play a keeper who is ment to be a bit dodge? least if Sullivan makes a mistake it will a Brighton youth keeper making a mistake rather than some other teams youth keeper, what do we learn from that - more importantly what does Sullivan learn from this?

Packham played 1 game, made a mistake and was totally destroyed and never played again. Is now playing for Met Police do you not think the sam could happen to Sullivan if he made a couple of mistakes tonight and plunged us back towards the relegation zone. If Flinders does it he gets stick and goes back to Palace and we try again to get the points required to stay up.

Better to bring him in with less pressure when we are winning 3 - 0 or safe from possible relegation, and give him the opportunity to overcome any mistakes that he may make.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
signing a 20 yr old to jump in front of our own 19 / 20 yr old is a bit strange.
We obviously dont have a lot of faith in Sullivan.

Personally would of given Sulliven a go instead of this bloke

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Packham played 1 game, made a mistake and was totally destroyed and never played again. Is now playing for Met Police do you not think the sam could happen to Sullivan if he made a couple of mistakes tonight and plunged us back towards the relegation zone. If Flinders does it he gets stick and goes back to Palace and we try again to get the points required to stay up.

Better to bring him in with less pressure when we are winning 3 - 0 or safe from possible relegation, and give him the opportunity to overcome any mistakes that he may make.

That says more for Packham than anything else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its probably down to the fact that Flinders HAS made senior appearances for Palace and Barnsley so he has experience.

As BG said im sure Martin time will come when we are mathematically safe. Its still on a knife edge at the moment and you know what we are like when keepers make mistakes...

In a way its shame we are not in the paint pots anymore as that would have been ideal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here