Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Keeper Joins On Loan

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
face in the crowd said:
Probably to do with the fact that Flinders has made 40 senior appearances at either this level or above compared to Sullivan's 0.

The other thing that might come into the equation is that I think Richard Martin signed a year long loan with Dorchester. Although he has returned to the club, I'm not sure he is eligible to play in the first team this season.

Because somewhere along the line he was given a chance, If Sullivan was given the chance he could play 40 games within a season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Caveman said:
Well I guess the jokes on you as you've paid £1 million for him :shootself

Have to say not too impressed having a scummer playing for us but all the time he's in an Albion shirt he's an Albion player and he'll get my support.
Credit to PT then typical of him really.

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
Because somewhere along the line he was given a chance, If Sullivan was given the chance he could play 40 games within a season.

I agree but I don't think the manager does.

We are not far removed from losing 6 games on the bounce and we are just regaining our confidence. I don't think that is the ideal time to play a complete rookie.

If this injury to Kuipers was to occur in March with us on say 51 points, I think Sullivan gets his chance.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
face in the crowd said:

If this injury to Kuipers was to occur in March with us on say 51 points, I think Sullivan gets his chance.

could still happen then...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a bad feeling about this one.

Palace clown comes to us for two games, we get hammered in both, job done as far as they are concerned.

I fear for this. Christ I hope he isn't wearing the clown jogging bottoms like that other idiot of a keeper they have.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can see exactly where Kinky is coming from. I just can't see Sullivan or Martin getting a chance.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not saying he's a bad keeper, but personally I'd rather we gave John Sullivan his chance.

Would have been different if we'd picked up an experienced keeper like Neil Sullivan, but as has been said already, giving experience to another clubs young inexperienced goalie rather than our own, just doesn't seem right.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
thats bullshit. wilkins has proven that he is happy to play his youth, its more likely that he isn't playing sullivan/martin cos he thinks they're not ready for it.

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
Historically though, most young keepers are given a few meaningless games at the end of the season to launch their careers.

Not many are pitched in to games with one of their nearest rivals while still facing the outside chance of getting sucked back into the relegation battle.

I will be pretty pissed off, however, if Flinders is retained for another month and we have more than 50 points.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
We have to get behind him and give our full support
We also have to accept that DW knows much more than us about the readyness of the rookie keepers

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Albion boss Dean Wilkins told the club's website: "Scott was very keen to come and help us " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Giraffe said:
I have a bad feeling about this one.

Palace clown comes to us for two games, we get hammered in both, job done as far as they are concerned.

I fear for this. Christ I hope he isn't wearing the clown jogging bottoms like that other idiot of a keeper they have.
Scott does not wear Pyjamas. But boy you have got a clown on loan. He has proved nothing to Palace and what a waste of money so far. Yes we have made a big Boo Boo signing him but he will be worth every penny for the next month. :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
I suppose Deano knows best as he trains them every day, but I too would rather see Sullivan get a chance.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
perseus said:
It's a bit worrying.

To be honest i feel a bit sorry for Flinders he came into the side when Kiraly was out of favour early on in the season, and unfortunately for the kid he made a couple of mistakes which cost us and the fans got on his back and his confidence was shot to bits.

I am sure he will blossom into a very good keeper eventually. but he hasn't shown anything at Palace as yet

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well.

Not too sure we should not play our own young keeper,but I only pay to watch and do not get paid to train or pick the team.

I suppose you have to keep faith with those who are paid,and trust their judgement.

However,I would like to think that Gillingham's powder puff attack will not get within 20 yards of our goal,and my Great Auntie Florence was hoping for a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here