Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Keeper Joins On Loan

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
SJ, I was talking to a Palace season ticket holder today and he was saying that not many fans really care about Brighton - its more about the Millwall!

Any truth?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Kinky Gerbils said:
SJ, I was talking to a Palace season ticket holder today and he was saying that not many fans really care about Brighton - its more about the Millwall!

Any truth?
For us younger ones it's getting like that. In my lifetime as a Palace fan we've played you 4 times, and i'm 18. Also i've never met a Brighton fan (thank God) but there's plenty of Millwall scummers round here.

Dare i say Charlton are creeping up the table. Should be interesting next season when they come down, though alot of Palace fans will deny it, they'd love it.

Having said that, the game we beat you 5-0 was the best game i've ever been too, and on par with the play off win for enjoyment.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Kinky Gerbils said:

Any truth?

I think its an age bracket thing Kinks to be honest, a lot of Palace fans under 25 don't get the Brighton rivalry thing mainly because for the past 20 years Brighton have been in the lower leagues for much of that time where we have flirted between the top two divisions.

Palace and Millwall have been rivals for a lot longer than Palace and Brighton which came along in the mid 70's with the cup matches etc., so for that fact the older Palace fans dislike Brighton as much as Millwall and to a lesser extent Charlton.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
eagles #1 said:
For us younger ones it's getting like that. In my lifetime as a Palace fan we've played you 4 times, and i'm 18. Also i've never met a Brighton fan (thank God) but there's plenty of Millwall scummers round here.

Dare i say Charlton are creeping up the table. Should be interesting next season when they come down, though alot of Palace fans will deny it, they'd love it.

Having said that, the game we beat you 5-0 was the best game i've ever been too, and on par with the play off win for enjoyment.

1-0 win over you must have been your worse? You never know you still might get relegated. :hopes&prays:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:

Any truth?
You don't really need to ask a Palace fan that, surely. Do they really want to consider us as rivals when we've struggled a division or two below them for the past 20 years (except 2 seasons) and we play at a non-league ground in front of 5,500 every week?

When we're filling Falmer and frequenting the Championship most seasons, that rivalry will quickly re-emerge - especially when they find out they can bring 4,000 to our place before reaquainting themselves will the usual beating we administer on the pitch.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Simster said:
You don't really need to ask a Palace fan that, surely. Do they really want to consider us as rivals when we've struggled a division or two below them for the past 20 years (except 2 seasons) and we play at a non-league ground in front of 5,500 every week?

When we're filling Falmer and frequenting the Championship most seasons, that rivalry will quickly re-emerge - especially when they find out they can bring 4,000 to our place before reaquainting themselves will the usual beating we administer on the pitch.

You were doing so well until that silly last line :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just spoken to a palace fan in the office and he really rates him. says he will be a very good keeper in a few years, but is a bit raw at the moment.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Dave the Gaffer said:
Just spoken to a palace fan in the office and he really rates him. says he will be a very good keeper in a few years, but is a bit raw at the moment.

That is a fair comment Dave, he is young and inexperienced but there is no doubting he has potential

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here