Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
eastlondonseagull;428829 4 said:
This is Woolwich, half a mile from where I live...

[video]http://yfrog.com/0wtduz[/video]

The Wetherspoons pub in the town centre has been destroyed by fire apparently. Lots of hard work and money spent on regenerating the area. Very sad indeed.

I used to live down the road from Woolwich. I used to frequent the job centre and it was heaving day in, day out.

The Wetherspoons was also heaving day in, day out!

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Anyone else feeling strangely upset by all of this?

It's difficult to understand that this is going on in OUR country.

Yep 100%

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
That's all we want. More people on the streets. I don't think so.

Ur suggestion it what, sit back, hope all the shops with good stuff to nick run out!!!!

these people have to relies that the law obiding ,silent majority will not accept this and will come down hard on this behavior!!!!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2322: Former London mayor and future mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone tells the BBC that the anger is fuelled by disengagement.
"There is a level of despair out there. We have got to have a government that speaks to the whole community, not just the layer at the top."

It takes knobs to cause violence and mindlessly loot, usually fuelled by disengagement and News channels. Would all this be happening if the news wasn't following their every step? I hope the innocent aren't hurt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You, you twat!
Aimed at Kevin by the way.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Last edited:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What on earth are you on about?

Although I may or may not agree with the idea of corporal punishment, the lack of it is not a valid argument for any reasoning why there has been such riots. If you remember corporal punishment then you should also remember riots of the 1980's, and it didn't prevent it then.

Corporal punishment had stopped by the 1980s. Indeed, it stopped in the 70s, and the riots of the 80s were one of the results. Now, not only are schools not permitted to discipline children, but parents aren't either. There is a feral generation out there who don't know the boundaries, who don't know right from wrong, or reality from virtual reality.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
man shot in Croydon, non fatal...

about time they got one on target!!!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What on earth are you on about?

2322: Former London mayor and future mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone tells the BBC that the anger is fuelled by disengagement.
"There is a level of despair out there. We have got to have a government that speaks to the whole community, not just the layer at the top."

It takes knobs to cause violence and mindlessly loot, usually fuelled by disengagement and News channels. Would all this be happening if the news wasn't following their every step? I hope the innocent aren't hurt.

Indeed, Sky News is revving it up, just to fill their 24/7 news slot.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A jolly report I've lifted that may cheer those of you advocating a good kicking.
We've detoured to Dalston where a bus was set on fire in shacklewell lane earlier. The single deck bus is now cordoned off and there doesn't seem to be much damage, but the incident has clearly shaken the large Turkish community here. Many shopkeepers are on the street talking about how they chased away the gang of youths behind the bus fire.

"We beat up four of them quite badly and they ran off," one man, who wouldn't give his name, said. Another said: "this is not justice, coming here and trying to attack us." Notably several businesses are still open as usual here, unlike other violence hit areas.

We've just watched a mob of locals chase a gang of hoodies down the main road, with police vans on full siren in pursuit.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gangs of yobs kicking off in Camden & Ealing now. I wouldn't be surprised if the centre of Brighton gets ransacked by little local shits very soon tbh.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

He got accused of turning this political and Anti Boris by the BBC reporter. Think he had a fair point, Red Ken was trying to make gain for his future mayoral race.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
we r too tolerant in this country(left wing), we always excuse bad behavior, it down to this, cause by that. i am sick and tired of it. i do not want to bring my children up in this. when can the majority be heard, when will the Innocent right be held above the people committing crimes.

we have to hit hard, very hard and say no the Innocent will not Die or be scared in this country!!!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Not upset. Just extremely angry that this has gone on for three days now and it seems to be getting worse. These rioters have crossed the line and must face the consequences.

The problem is, there are no consequences. Not any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here