Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I'm just surprised, with the general stupidity and lack of discipline in the majority of the inner city youth these days, that this hasn't happened sooner - or that anyone is surprised by it. It's nothing to do with the Police shooting the other day, it's just because kids have realised that they can do it and get away with it - particularly when it happens en masse in many different areas at once.

Absolutely right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
eastlondonseagull;428829 4 said:
This is Woolwich, half a mile from where I live...

[video]http://yfrog.com/0wtduz[/video]

The Wetherspoons pub in the town centre has been destroyed by fire apparently. Lots of hard work and money spent on regenerating the area. Very sad indeed.

Shoot them. Seriously.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe that the stuff in Croydon is not going to result in very serious injuries or worse.

I don't think this is the time to make Palace jokes about this.

Agreed 100%

There is a time for jocularity but that has certainly passed for the moment.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
2322: Former London mayor and future mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone tells the BBC that the anger is fuelled by disengagement.
"There is a level of despair out there. We have got to have a government that speaks to the whole community, not just the layer at the top."

I wondered how long it would take for someone to come out with this kind of nonsence. To be fair most of the commentry has focused on the correct causes ie. copycat riots fuelled by social networking and the lack of police resources, but you can always trust some pillock to try and pull out the old "disaffected by society card".Not applicable in this case.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A jolly report I've lifted that may cheer those of you advocating a good kicking.

What's the betting that the locals get nicked for giving the little shits a kicking - whilst the Bus burners get off scot free?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
British Crime Survey - Incidents of violent crime.

1981 (two years into Thatcher's government): 2,074,000.
1997 (after 18 years of Tory rule): 3,885,000 (an increase of 87%), reached a peak of 4,176,000 in 1995 (an increase of 101%).
2009-10 (after over 12 years of Labour rule: 2,082,000 (a decrease of 50% on the 1995 peak).
2010-11 2,203,000 - on the rise again under the coalition...

Now who's the "f***ing moron"...?

Under the last Labour Government, a lot of violent crime was downgraded. In order to massage the figures, you understand.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I wondered how long it would take for someone to come out with this kind of nonsence. To be fair most of the commentry has focused on the correct causes ie. copycat riots fuelled by social networking and the lack of police resources, but you can always trust some pillock to try and pull out the old "disaffected by society card".Not applicable in this case.

I dunno

na9iw.jpg

Yep it's all facebook and twitters fault. Bad websites. No background to it at all.

I hope it all calms down soon and the police get some control. I'm sure the NHS and public services will cope with it . . . Sleep safe and . . keep em peeled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here