Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts has gone

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
How does player of the season make 3rd best????

A player of his ilk will always be popular with the majority of fans. He is whole hearted and that's what stands out.

However I genuinely believe that we wouldn't have explored the following scenarios before accepting the bid:-

1) Deny him the move, piss him off and risk losing him for free next summer
2) negotiations have already been ongoing behind the scenes and it was looking likely that he might hold out to see what his options were after next season
3) He got wind of Norwich's interest before the above negotiations were concluded and thought - I live in Kent from my Gillingham days, Brighton to Kent or Norwich to Kent is equidistant and Norwich are already in the Championship with a nice ground and solid finances, Brighton COULD be in the Championship in another year with a nice ground and solid finances - f*** it lets go where the known variables exist. Norwich = Championship + nice ground + better wages.
4) Lets take the money on offer now, rather than lose as per options 1 + 2 and go on to spend the money on a better player now.

Genuinely feel that this is the in the best interest of all parties.

Best of luck Crofts, good luck fighting for your place in the team and joining a team that could struggle. Enjoy your extra £2k per week.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are just spectators in the circus that is Brighton & Hove Albion. The Ringmaster Gus Poyet will now bring on his next act in the show & show us why he has allowed this to happen, he has plans for us mere spectating mortals & his next act will make us all gasp. I hope!

In Gus & Tony we trust, cos we bloody have to!

Lets hope Poyet doesn't turn into the clown now.:wink:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
A player of his ilk will always be popular with the majority of fans. He is whole hearted and that's what stands out.

However I genuinely believe that we wouldn't have explored the following scenarios before accepting the bid:-

1) Deny him the move, piss him off and risk losing him for free next summer
2) negotiations have already been ongoing behind the scenes and it was looking likely that he might hold out to see what his options were after next season
3) He got wind of Norwich's interest before the above negotiations were concluded and thought - I live in Kent from my Gillingham days, Brighton to Kent or Norwich to Kent is equidistant and Norwich are already in the Championship with a nice ground and solid finances, Brighton COULD be in the Championship in another year with a nice ground and solid finances - f*** it lets go where the known variables exist. Norwich = Championship + nice ground + better wages.
4) Lets take the money on offer now, rather than lose as per options 1 + 2 and go on to spend the money on a better player now.

Genuinely feel that this is the in the best interest of all parties.

Best of luck Crofts, good luck fighting for your place in the team and joining a team that could struggle. Enjoy your extra £2k per week.

Id go for 2k a week more!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Crofts is a young talented player, an international, captain of his side, current player of the year, has become integral to our side in a short space of time and the champions of our division have spent £300k on him.

Yeah, in common with the majority of you I think he'll fail and spend his time on the bench :wozza:

Whereas in reality I think he'll go a long way and its a mistake to have sold him. What Gus is doing pissing around in Uruguay whilst our captain is sold I just don't understand.

Gus has quite clearly set his stall out that if a player shows even the slightest bit of interest in another club, or the slightest bit of dissent, he's out. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it'll end up in a solid unit next year, I don't know. But sometimes players like their manager to fight to keep them, show them they're wanted. Perhaps some Gus magic like that would have kept Calderon and Crofts.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
300k is good business. We got him on a free, he's out of contract next summer, and we'll be able to get someone better in to replace him.

Pissing about in Uruguay? He's scouting players in Argentina. I think it's bloody brilliant that as soon as the season finished, we sorted out contracts and then the manager got abroad looking for new players. Fantastic work.

I reckon Prutton may be better than Crofts anyway and we could get him in on a free and have another 300k to spunk on the next Zamora or whoever Gus identifies to get us out of this division.

Feb 2, 2009
Sorry but disappointed..good player who would have helped us get out of league one...still thts footie..it happens and will happen again....life goes on...long as is his replacement is ok ..then no one will care.

Ta Mr Crofts I think u played well for us

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Look, I've nothing against this optimism thing, but something's wrong when we sell a player Gus called our best midfielder and about who he recently said “He’s my captain, the player of the year, and he has been an example to everyone. He has responded very well to everything”

I'll say it again - What Gus is doing pissing around in Uruguay whilst our captain is sold I just don't understand.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Look, I've nothing against this optimism thing, but something's wrong when we sell a player Gus called our best midfielder and about who he recently said “He’s my captain, the player of the year, and he has been an example to everyone. He has responded very well to everything”

I'll say it again - What Gus is doing pissing around in Uruguay whilst our captain is sold I just don't understand.

He's not pissing about, he's looking for new players, players better than Andrew bloody Crofts.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He's not pissing about, he's looking for new players, players better than Andrew bloody Crofts.

Sounds like you don't rate him or maybe you are joining the nsc bandwagon because you said something entirely different on another forum.Make your mind up.:thumbsup:

Turkey "Bloody disapointed to see Crofty go. Won our player of the season award and we're supposed to be building to get promoted next season"Head butting smiley

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
We signed him for nothing, he deserves to play at a higher level Gus has come up trumps
With signings we make 300k in Gus we trust! I'm more worried about Gus signing an extension than any player

You doughnut!! Business is business! onwards and upwards, will you say the same when he returns with flair??

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
OK guys, 'pissing around' is just another example of the exaggerated hot air that spews forth on these message boards; an over-the-top comment I can make at 3 in the morning in Borneo, safe in the knowledge it'll have fallen off the main page by the time I wake up tomorrow.

In sensible speak, I would rather that Gus was in England helping to convince Crofts and Bloom that his future should be with us rather than Norwich. I am also acutely aware that South American flair, with the exception of dear Gus himself, has very rarely worked out in England, and I believe that only a reckless gambler would risk replacing a good and honest, not to mention young and upwardly mobile, midfielder, with an unknown quantity from the Rio del Plata.

night night

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like you don't rate him or maybe you are joining the nsc bandwagon because you said something entirely different on another forum.Make your mind up.:thumbsup:

Turkey "Bloody disapointed to see Crofty go. Won our player of the season award and we're supposed to be building to get promoted next season"Head butting smiley

I was disapointed when I first heard the news and I still am. It would have been nice to keep him. However now I've had more time to reflect on it I'm not as frustrated as I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here