Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts has gone

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Crofts - what a wanker.

We rescue his dying career, make him Captain, and vote him player of the season.

He gets regular first team football under arguably one of the best young managers in the game, and he fucks off at the first sniff of an offer.

Worse still, he states as his first reason for going.... the Noriwch stadium.

Half-witted prick.

Good riddence knobhead, hope you tear a cruciate in pre-season.

Wow. :facepalm: :wozza: :shrug:

You, sir, are the half-witted prick here.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You can't deny Crofts this oppurtunity, this is probably the best contract he'll have in his career.

I think Crofts is replaceable, and this is why Gus has let this happen so easily. I'd be far more worried if we'd sold Bennett, Elphick or Murray.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
hmmm, can't help thinking he's throwing away a potentially better opportunity with us, but then I am somewhat biased - seems to me it's all about the short term with players nowadays.

"I had a great year with the Albion and loved every minute of it. I had really settled in, but when a club like Norwich are interested in you and can offer you the stadium, the facilities and the fact they're in the Championship, it was just too good to miss."

We're going to have a rather nice stadium and possibly be in The Championship ourselves season after next, and as for "a club like Norwich", to me that actually shows a lack of ambition compared to the potential of The Albion....

Lets face it we're all a little biased here. We are going to have a great stadium soon, supposedly one with a spec unrivalled outside of the premiership. Even when it is complete it still won't be as big as Norwich (or arguably as passionate). Having said that the Stadium thing is surely a red herring, how many players really care about the beers that are served on the concourse, the fact that the away end glows in the colour of the visiting team or that the seats are more comfy than that those at MK Dons.

This is about money. If someone offered to treble my salary tomorrow, as a man with a family to support, I'd be crazy not to do it. I wouldn't care if the office I was going to work in had better air con or a better canteen. Why is Crofty any different?

Personally I wish him all the best. I love players like him who give everything they have when they pull on the shirt. Thanks for all your efforts Crofty and good luck.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great bit of business in this day of age.

Quite happy with picking up players for free in this division and offloading a few months later for that sort of money.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is a very good player, but i just cant see him cutting it in the championship.

We will do better.

And so will Norwich once they realise he's not up to it by Christmas.

I can't see him being a first choice for Norwich, but hope he does get a chance

Does anything think he'll actually get a look in there? Or are they just waiting to go back down?

Doing alright so far, 8 starts out of 9 matches, 2 goals, team lying third in the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here