Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - do we like them?

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
i,m sure that the ground is owned by the council, who stipulated 5-6 years ago when we needed a ground that the stadium was not to be used for professional league football. Tax payers founding a sports business etc.
Pretty sure that attitude will change if crawley win the play-off's.

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
patcham seagulls said:
i,m sure that the ground is owned by the council, who stipulated 5-6 years ago when we needed a ground that the stadium was not to be used for professional league football. Tax payers founding a sports business etc.
Pretty sure that attitude will change if crawley win the play-off's.
There was no such stipulation so no need for an attitude change.

What the council said, and it's been mentioned countless times on here (and even in this thread) is that the council told local, worried, residents when it was being built that Brighton wouldn't be able to groundshare. This was AFTER initial consulation with Brighton and they declined a different site.

The ground is owned by the council, but Crawley DO pay rent. No doubt if Crawley progressed in to the league the rent would be reviewed, especially if another stand is built on the current open terrace.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That will be the first area to be improved if they go up.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Only been there once, can't remember how far the road was from the ground, is there room for another stand (it would need to be a reasonable size for the league)?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Strike said:
No they were twats, I had a Connexions card showing a photo and D.O.B 02.01.86, but would not allow me to buy anything. Even if I had a Proof of Age or Citizens Card they would have only allowed me if I had a passport or a Driving Liecense. Christ Sake.

Most places here refuse the driving licence and only take the Garda ID card - a bit like the Proof of Age in the UK, I think. However, they're breaking the law (treason, officially) by refusing the passport, and my local is opposite the cop shop...

Not that I've been carded. Ever. Its actually kinda dissapointing, I've been *WANTING* to be carded since I've actually been legally allowed drink...

Oct 25, 2003
MYOB said:
Most places here refuse the driving licence and only take the Garda ID card - a bit like the Proof of Age in the UK, I think. However, they're breaking the law (treason, officially) by refusing the passport, and my local is opposite the cop shop...

Not that I've been carded. Ever. Its actually kinda dissapointing, I've been *WANTING* to be carded since I've actually been legally allowed drink...

so for a uk citizen going to ireland in a couple of weeks, what the hell do i use?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
tommy boy said:
so for a uk citizen going to ireland in a couple of weeks, what the hell do i use?

Your UK passport. They'll take that because your not Irish.

Or just go to my locals, you'd get served if you look close to 18...

Oct 25, 2003
MYOB said:
Your UK passport. They'll take that because your not Irish.

Or just go to my locals, you'd get served if you look close to 18...

could you give me a few good pubs/clubs in centra dublin that will be good for a group of 18 year old boys(although 2 are 17:( )

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
tommy boy said:
could you give me a few good pubs/clubs in centra dublin that will be good for a group of 18 year old boys(although 2 are 17:( )

I'm not great with Dublin pubs, although with 2 17 year olds, avoid Pravda and avoid the Porterhouse - they're both quite good but both card like crazy

The Turks Head is OK, no carding problems unless you're a girl in a lowcut top in which case the doormen will want to look down it

Be aware that because of the bullshit about Dublin being a city of culture, the majority of pubs in Temple Bar have no tracksuit bottons, no football shirts, no runners policies.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=Dubli...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

gives a fair few listings of pubs in Dublin. Now, websites aren't gonna list "Underage drinking friendly", but I might know by the name or the location.

Even numbered post codes under 10 = posh, 22 and 24 = DANGEROUS, odd numbers that aren't 1 or 3 = can be dangerous. Higher the number the further from the city, 1 and 2 are the only areas that are the city centre...

Oct 25, 2003
MYOB said:
I'm not great with Dublin pubs, although with 2 17 year olds, avoid Pravda and avoid the Porterhouse - they're both quite good but both card like crazy

The Turks Head is OK, no carding problems unless you're a girl in a lowcut top in which case the doormen will want to look down it

Be aware that because of the bullshit about Dublin being a city of culture, the majority of pubs in Temple Bar have no tracksuit bottons, no football shirts, no runners policies.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=Dubli...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

gives a fair few listings of pubs in Dublin. Now, websites aren't gonna list "Underage drinking friendly", but I might know by the name or the location.

Even numbered post codes under 10 = posh, 22 and 24 = DANGEROUS, odd numbers that aren't 1 or 3 = can be dangerous. Higher the number the further from the city, 1 and 2 are the only areas that are the city centre...
muchos thankos myob!!

"no tracksuit bottons, no football shirts, no runners policies. "

who do you think i am?!?!?!?
:)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
tommy boy said:
muchos thankos myob!!

"no tracksuit bottons, no football shirts, no runners policies. "

who do you think i am?!?!?!?
:)

Sorry, instant stereotype came in - English kids coming over for a post-A level or stag night or whatever... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I see a lot of thugs in England or Wales football/rugby shirts chucking their guts up every weekend... The Welsh are the worst, by far.

Oh, and no baseball caps or hoodies... its like going to a posh f***ing nightclub...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
tommy boy said:

If you can find it, and it's still there, check out the Gaiety Theatre. That place is / was awesome. It's a classy theatre by day but by night it turns into a great club split over several floors. When i went there they had several diferent dance floors playing music varying from 60's soul and motown to drum and bass. Plus there is a cinema in the middle of it that played Taxi Driver and Scarface!
And the patrons were very friendly. In short, it's tops!:thumbsup: :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
garry nelsons left foot said:
If you can find it, and it's still there, check out the Gaiety Theatre. That place is / was awesome. It's a classy theatre by day but by night it turns into a great club split over several floors. When i went there they had several diferent dance floors playing music varying from 60's soul and motown to drum and bass. Plus there is a cinema in the middle of it that played Taxi Driver and Scarface!
And the patrons were very friendly. In short, it's tops!:thumbsup: :)

The Gaiety is incredible... BUT they card. Agressivly. And tommy is bring 17 year olds.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
tommy boy said:
don't worry, i'm 18 so i'll give it a go:wave:

Again, its an OTT respectible-clothing place, but based on your adverse reaction to be accused of being a trakkie wearer, you should be fine

Its just off Stephens Green, opposite the massive Stephens Green Shopping Centre. It looks like a f***ing Mississippi Steamboat dumped on top of a normal 1980's building.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
garry nelsons left foot said:
Tommy boy, ditch your 17year old friends in maccy D's and get into the gaiety. It really is top drawer. It shits on anything Brighton has to offer IMHO.

The Mac D's is literally around the corner...

If you're stuck for someone to go in with you could always drag me out (extremely evil laugh)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No! don't like them. I think Crawley should be removed from Sussex and put in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here