dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Still 0-0. Pitch looks good.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Dr Breakfast said:
Crawley isn't as big or as far from other major teams as Brighton so they are unlikely to ever pose a serious threat to the Albion but they could be useful in developing some of our younger players, and to be counted on for support in off the field matters.

We'd be livid if, say, Charlton took that attitude about us.

I'm not really bothered whether Crawley get into the league or not... but I definitely don't want them to be a feeder club, or for Brighton to become scumsucking parasites...

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
As I originally come from Horsham I have to hate them. I hate the town, the college, the chavs, the single mums and worse of all its full of Palarse! That alone is enough reason to hope they fail miserably this season. We don't need another Sussex team in the league either, how will we fill Falmer? :jester:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Robinson looks shattered already. Still 0-0.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Quite like 'em really. No particular reason but they always seem pretty friendly.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't really care about Crawley, though it would be good to see another league side from Sussex so I suppose if it has to be anyone then they wouldn't be a bad choice. As to rivalry between us and them, I think you will find that they don't like us much already, their fans seem to think we robbed them of gate receipts following the FA Cup game at the Goldstone all those years ago. I personally don't think that compares to the money grabbing b******s who sold our ground from under us but I guess all things must be taken in proportion.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Could be right Dr B, I don't reckon Crawley is a hotbed of Albion support, if you follow the logic that Sarfend is full of West Ham, Stevenage full of Arsenal and Slough full of Chelsea it only follows that Crawley is probably full of Palace.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
They were just saying on Sky they would remain part time if they made the Football League.

Can't see them doing that well then !

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Gully said:
Could be right Dr B, I don't reckon Crawley is a hotbed of Albion support, if you follow the logic that Sarfend is full of West Ham, Stevenage full of Arsenal and Slough full of Chelsea it only follows that Crawley is probably full of Palace.

I think you will find there is more Chelsea than Pal***. But there is sadly a bit more Pal*** here than Brighton.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
No they were twats, I had a Connexions card showing a photo and D.O.B 02.01.86, but would not allow me to buy anything. Even if I had a Proof of Age or Citizens Card they would have only allowed me if I had a passport or a Driving Liecense. Christ Sake.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I always check on there results,and i hope they do well,they are a sussex club end of.:clap:

E

enigma

Having them as a feeder club would be handy, could loan a lot of our youngsters there for experience. Would be good if they got into the league as would be a better level for any players loaned out to play in.Dont reckon there are many Albion fans up there anyways so if they take some off the scum its all good.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crawley is the first Palace town in Sussex and Horsham the last real Brighton town. Somewhere in the space of a couple of fields people turn or mockney chav.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Richie Morris said:
Crawley is the first Palace town in Sussex and Horsham the last real Brighton town. Somewhere in the space of a couple of fields people turn or mockney chav.

Ironically in my early years (1986-91), before a nasty estate was built in front of my house the Crawley/ Horsham border was the front of my familys garden. So I lived on the Crawley/ Horsham border virtually, same as wehatepalace, the border of Albion and Pikey country in those days.:jester:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the posters on various other football sites think we hate crawley

personally i don't give a shit , be good to see another sussex side playing league football.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Crawley

Crawley are no threat to Brighton. At least not yet.
But a friendly rivalry can only be good for both clubs. I'm a lifelong Reds fan but I always look to the Brighton result when I get in from a game as I want Sussex clubs to do well.
As for the "One team in Sussex" - It's all a bit tongure in cheek, one to get the banter flowing.

P.S. Great result against high flying Sunderland!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here