Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - do we like them?

Dr Breakfast said:
I think it would be healthy to have 2 professional sides in Sussex. It hasn't hurt Hampshire, Devon or Staffordshire for example.
Pedant alert (Part II)

Staffordshire has five (although Walsall, West Brom and Wolves spent some time in a - now abolished - county called the West Midlands).

And yes, Strike, there were chants about hating Brighton.

Bless.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
To be honest I'm more than a little indifferent to them. Why should I feel any other way? There's no way I can hate them. Nothing has happened to make me hate (or on the reverse, like) them. If you hate crawley, you may as well hate worthing, Eastbourne, Lewes etc.
Having said that, these must be exciting times for Crawley. They've managed to pull themselves out of nonleague obscurity to a point where they are very close to playing league football.

Thinking some more, I think it might be good if they did get promoted. Hopefully it would enable us to ship out some of our younger / inexperienced players out to a league team. I think a few months on loan at a third division club would have been good for the likes of molango, jarret and robinson. It would be a win win situation as they are all players who have the potential to play div one football, so Crawley would get some decent players. And for us it would give our squad players valuable first team experience.

So, having thought about it, my opinion of crawley has changed from one of indifference to one of active support. All in the space of one post. C'mon Crawley!!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like to see all Sussex clubs doing well.

Of course when the Albion play Crawley or Lewes then it has to be a win for the Albion reserves

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I don't dislike them

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
pasty said:
Couldn't give a monkeys cuss what they do.
I'm with Pasty here, I support the Albion, less likely to have any soft spot for a team that historically have no rivallry with the Albion, but geographically should be our biggest rivals.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Don't like them never will due to being a horsham boy but that said I couldn't give a stuff about their results, to the extent that I don't even look out to see how they are doing, they only reaosn I know they are doing well is because I work in crawley and there are a few crawley fans here.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
No one really supports crawley, i thought they were just a team palace fans supported when palace were away. Havent got time to be bothered by non-league football too much.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Found out that it was only a small minority that were singing we hate Brighton. I Guess a fair few P**ace fans went and as Crawley Boy said decided to take all their kids to the games to get some anti-Brighton feeling going.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Strike said:
Found out that it was only a small minority that were singing we hate Brighton. I Guess a fair few P**ace fans went and as Crawley Boy said decided to take all their kids to the games to get some anti-Brighton feeling going.

Only a few Crawley fans sing anything at all, so it's nothing to worry about. I only heard it once last night. The majority have been supportive in our quest for a new ground, it's just that the anti's are more vocal.

I've followed Crawley's results since my cousin played for them many years ago, and have recently started going to their games when I can. Sadly, their ground feels much more like a football stadium than Withdean, and the whole matchday experience is better. Makes me realise how much we need a decent stadium.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
when we get falmer i shall be a little more luke warm to them....i still remember when we were looking for a temporary home in sussex they wouldn't help us.....but they let palace play there reserve games there...

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
wilderabeast said:
when we get falmer i shall be a little more luke warm to them....i still remember when we were looking for a temporary home in sussex they wouldn't help us.....but they let palace play there reserve games there...

Don't think that's true. Crawley Town wanted us to share the Broadfield but Crawley council wouldn't allow it. The council own the stadium and had made promises to local residents about how often it would be used, hence why we weren't allowed to play there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here