Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - do we like them?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Good luck to 'em,as long as they take down that 'One team in Sussex' banner they had up last night,cheeky c*nts

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
wilderabeast said:
when we get falmer i shall be a little more luke warm to them....i still remember when we were looking for a temporary home in sussex they wouldn't help us.....but they let palace play there reserve games there...

This is a common misunderstanding. Crawley wanted to help us but couldn't, because the planning permission for their Stadium prevented it.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
What sort of team will Crawley be putting out in the Sussex Senior Cup against us in a few weeks?

Might be worth watching Malango ect...

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
_wilka_ said:
What sort of team will Crawley be putting out in the Sussex Senior Cup against us in a few weeks?
It'll probably be quite strong, although I wouldn't be surprised if a few first teamers are rested so the squad players and a couple of youngsters get a run out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don Tmatter said:
Good luck to 'em,as long as they take down that 'One team in Sussex' banner they had up last night,cheeky c*nts

I work in Crawley and have a fair bit of banter with my Crawley supporting work mates. (To be honest they all have a soft spot for Brighton - well the one's I work with do!)

Mind you they all seem to have Prem / Championship teams as well - even the CTFC season ticket holders!

One guy keeps on going on about "One team in Sussex!" I just reply "Well hopefully you'll get promoted to the league, then there'll be Two!" :lol:

I wish them well. Could change if we we ever end up in the same division of course. If they do get league status I can only see London clubs support suffering (Though I do know a few Crawley seagulls)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Crawley - do we like them?

Uncle C said:
Whats the matter. Dont you have a mind of your own???? ??? ???

Indeed I do. It's a bit too close to Palace country for my liking and if we get stuck at Withdean, there's no reason long term why the clubs wouldn't end up pretty much as equals.

For now, however, I will retain an air of indifference bordering on "soft spot" when they have a "big" match.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Crawley Boy said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by _wilka_
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll probably be quite strong, although I wouldn't be surprised if a few first teamers are rested so the squad players and a couple of youngsters get a run out.

With the injuries they have at the moment, i guess it'll just be whoever's fit, particularly in defence.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
went to the game last night, it was micky mouse football really but quite entertaining :p at least they have a proper football stadium !
when they started to sing we hate Brighton ,i had to laugh and i did actually think awww bless em
but i sincerly do hope the get promoted, as it can only be good for football in sussex !
the streaker was quite funny did a little break dance in the snow, got caught, escaped and ran the length of the pitch :lolol:
P.S. can any of the resident crawley fans on here tell me why a group of fellas had to keep (and i do mean keep) shouting " IT'S COMING KEEPER" in a rather gay voice ! very very sad :nono: :nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
trueblue said:
As they may very soon be in the league, do we like them in a kinf of 'aaah, good luck to the little fellas' patronising type of way... or are they set to become deadly local rivals?

Deadly rivals - too many of them are Palarse scum! :nono:

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
wehatepalace said:
P.S. can any of the resident crawley fans on here tell me why a group of fellas had to keep (and i do mean keep) shouting " IT'S COMING KEEPER" in a rather gay voice ! very very sad :nono: :nono:
This one can't, sorry. :nono: :nono:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Its good to see non league football in Sussex doing so well at the moment, with Crawley, Lewes and Eastbourne all doing well

Has football in Sussex ever been so good ?:clap2:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Dr Breakfast said:
You're quite right.

Bizarrely I was neglecting Plymouth when doing my calculations, despite the fact that they are the highestof all Devon's clubs

Devon have two league clubs, plus one in the conference. By the way, does anyone know why Torquay only got 1190 on Sat? Some sort of boycott?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
_wilka_ said:

Might be worth watching Malango ect...

Molango is injured (ankle) and in plaster

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I saw their ground for the first time at the weekend. Can somebody remind me why we chose not to go there instead of Withdean ?

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
clapham_gull said:
I saw their ground for the first time at the weekend. Can somebody remind me why we chose not to go there instead of Withdean ?

This is the answer by a well informed former Crawley based Seagull
Voroshilov said:
This is a common misunderstanding. Crawley wanted to help us but couldn't, because the planning permission for their Stadium prevented it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thimble Keegan said:
I personally have no hate for them as they have done nothing to ignite that sort of feeling. That said I am of the opinion that Conference should be as far as they are allowed to progress. I don't want them in the League and I like us being the only professional club in Sussex.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Agreed, 20 odd years ago Crawley was an Albion hotbed of support, but it seems ( although havn't been there for many years) that it is full of londoners now, hope they stay where they are.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
i,m sure that the ground is owned by the council, who stipulated 5-6 years ago when we needed a ground that the stadium was not to be used for professional league football. Tax payers founding a sports business etc.
Pretty sure that attitude will change if crawley win the play-off's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here