Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cracking result today boys...

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think its safe to say that the cup run has knocked us off course a bit. But f*** it, we are 2 games away from Wembley in a major trophy, i'd take that any day of the week over a few places in the league! You won't make the play-offs in a million years IMO, there are at least 10 better sides in this league than you, us being one of them. And your next few games are hardly easy either...

Lets be honest, any BHA fan without his rose tinted specs on would agree that you've been VERY lucky in the last 2 league games and we have been the opposite. Derby and Forest were by far the better sides from what i hear and apparently you only had 1 shot on/off target in the Forest game (which was obviously the winner). Contrast that to us and we have had Muzza missing the pen vs Millwall and an O.G from our tired skipper who had given a heroic 120 minute effort only 48 hours beforehand.

It's also ironic how you lot said lets wait till April to see where the 2 teams are but now you're ahead you seem to harp on about it yourselves?! Have you forgotten that we have a game in hand on you and you still have to come to our patch? We could easily be above you again in no time at all...

The end of the day,i think we can be more satisifed with our season than you can be with yours so far. A fantastic 3-1 win for us at your place (it still hurts, be honest), only 1 defeat at home, a win up at Old Trafford and in the semi finals of the League Cup. All this on a show string budget wheras you have splashed £4-5 million... :bigwave:

So you say initially that it's all about being able to give and take a bit of abuse, all in the name of banter. And then when the shoe's on the other foot, you post this absolute load of bollocks. Despite 2 big transfer fees for CMS and Buckley, I think you are slightly playing to popular belief about 'moneybags Brighton', whilst showing a slight disregard for the facts. Within our squad there are actually quite a few players who hadn't played (or at least been successful) at this level before, which suggests we are doing quite well. I can see what you're doing in that by elevating us to a higher financial position than you, there is no excuse for us not being better and thus Palace will always retain some kind of moral superiority. Very clever. Despite this, you could argue that the financial argument is somewhat anachronistic, especially when coming from a Palace fan.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I'm not sure about Derby as I wasn't there, but we were very lucky against Forest. But the last time I checked, a lucky 3 points is still worth as much as an easy 3 points. And they always say it's the side of a good side to be able to play badly and win, don't they?

I actually think the two teams are very similar. They're both somewhere between the 7th - 12th best teams in the division, both could get lucky and sneak into the play-offs, and both could get sucked into a relegation battle with a run of poor form. But I don't think either side are real contenders for either promotion or relegation.

However, I think the difference is that we may look to buy a few players to strengthen in January, where as you are going to struggle to hold onto the players that you have.

In my opinion, of course, I could be wrong.

IF, and it's a big if, we lose Zaha and Clyne in Jan, then we will be looking at £10 million + coming into the club. I personally think Zaha will be here for at least another year, he loves the club and is starting week in week out. Why go and sit on Stoke's bench?

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So you say initially that it's all about being able to give and take a bit of abuse, all in the name of banter. And then when the shoe's on the other foot, you post this absolute load of bollocks. Despite 2 big transfer fees for CMS and Buckley, I think you are slightly playing to popular belief about 'moneybags Brighton', whilst showing a slight disregard for the facts. Within our squad there are actually quite a few players who hadn't played (or at least been successful) at this level before, which suggests we are doing quite well. I can see what you're doing in that by elevating us to a higher financial position than you, there is no excuse for us not being better and thus Palace will always retain some kind of moral superiority. Very clever. Despite this, you could argue that the financial argument is somewhat anachronistic, especially when coming from a Palace fan.

You still spent a huge amount in the summer. Leicester were prob the only team to spend more.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Even if Palace get £10m(unlikely) for Zaha/Clyne there is no way DF will receive anything near that to re-invest. He may get £1-2m at most IMO.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Even if Palace get £10m(unlikely) for Zaha/Clyne there is no way DF will receive anything near that to re-invest. He may get £1-2m at most IMO.

You really have no idea...I'd expect £5-6 million to be given to him. We should be looking easily at £10 million for the 2, Oxlaide-Chamberlaine went for more than that on his own and Zaha is at least as good.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You really have no idea...I'd expect £5-6 million to be given to him. We should be looking easily at £10 million for the 2, Oxlaide-Chamberlaine went for more than that on his own and Zaha is at least as good.

Are you Steven Parrish? "You'd expect"..well whoopy do! Don't most Palace think he is better than a hybrid Messi/Pele/Cruyff?

Was I imagining it or did he 'kick out' at the derby player in the second half when things were not going for him.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Are you Steven Parrish? "You'd expect"..well whoopy do! Don't most Palace think he is better than a hybrid Messi/Pele?Cruyff?

Was I imagining it or did he 'kick oput' at the derby player in the second half when things were not going for him.

You can only dream of players like him, Clyne, Williams and Ambrose.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

I seem to remember you getting £8m(?) for Andy Johnson, who did you re-invest that in? The Victor Moses money? Jose Fonte money?

I guess what Im saying is you dont really have a recent history of reinvesting in the playing side do you.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I seem to remember you getting £8m(?) for Andy Johnson, who did you re-invest that in? The Victor Moses money? Jose Fonte money?

I guess what Im saying is you dont really have a recent history of reinvesting in the playing side do you.

That was pre-admin era/Jordan. Parish has said we will reinvest a fair amount of transfers coming in.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Anyone that says they wouldn't have Clyne or Williams in their team is crazy. Ambrose doesn't seem to turn it on regularly enough to be jealous of, although his goal at Old Trafford was incredible. I can't make my mind up about Zaha. He clearly has talent but seems to have a bit of an attitude when things don't go well and can disappear at times, but I suppose that is natural for a winger. Don't think he's going to be anywhere near as good as Oxlade-Chamberlain though

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Anyone that says they wouldn't have Clyne or Williams in their team is crazy. Ambrose doesn't seem to turn it on regularly enough to be jealous of, although his goal at Old Trafford was incredible. I can't make my mind up about Zaha. He clearly has talent but seems to have a bit of an attitude when things don't go well and can disappear at times, but I suppose that is natural for a winger. Don't think he's going to be anywhere near as good as Oxlade-Chamberlain though

Zaha is destined for the Top 4 IMO. Unplayable on his day (as you found out!)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I personally think Zaha will be here for at least another year, he loves the club and is starting week in week out. Why go and sit on Stoke's bench?

An extra 10 grand a week, I expect. Cant really blame him if he does.

You still spent a huge amount in the summer. Leicester were prob the only team to spend more.

I'm not sure that is true, and even if it is, we had a League 1 squad so of course we would need to spend more than established Championship sides who are serious about challenging would, as we needed to improve our team by a bigger margin than they did.

So you have players we can only dream of, yet we are 6 places above you in the table. We must be doing something right then, no?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I seem to remember some palace fans coming on here insisting that every member of CPFC2010 were richer that Tony Bloom and they had loads of money to pump into the club.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Zaha is destined for the Top 4 IMO. Unplayable on his day (as you found out!)

I don't know about that, he scored a decent goal yes, but other than that I thought he was well controlled. As voiced by many Palace fans too. I obviously haven't seen him regularly though so can't judge him as well as you. Just have my doubts about him going beyond a mediocre premiership club. Williams on the other hand I think will go on to great things.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Eagle_83;4553379 Parish has said we will reinvest a fair amount of transfers coming in.[/QUOTE said:
When what you should really be doing is paying back all the small businesses you screwed in your periods in admin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here