Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cracking result today boys...

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
But if you have lost Clyne and Zaha, surely thats four players you would need and I cannot see you picking up the same class of players on the cheap.

But Zaha will be sold for big money?? He is on a 3 year contract for starters so we have the ball in our court.

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So if they don't go then you still have the debts that Parrish said would never happen.

No, i said Clyne will go to cover this year and some of next year. I believe that next year we will have more money from raised gates (how we get these i have already stated) and having to buy less players.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Because he is contributing to an interesting, well-informed and sustained debate about football... unlike many on NSC.

Cheers. I may be a little biased but i'm not being abusive.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can anybody give me a decent reason why this prick Eagle 83 has not been banned yet?

He's better than most of the other Palace fans on here. He does genuinely make fair ish arguments and doesn't resort to telling us we are a bunch of homos.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Er it wasn't though was it? Most neautrals said we were well worth the win, even Fergie.
No, it was luck. The point is, because Man U should be capable of beating a mid table championship side, even with their reserves, when a team like Palace (or Brighton etc) battle with Utd, they deserve a bit of luck. Man U had more chances, came closer to scoring more times etc, and were beaten by a goal that shouldn't have been allowed. The win was, therefore, lucky. But small teams like ours deserve a bit of luck, so Fergie was hardly going to come out and complain when his side should have been good enough to win without the official's mistake.

You on the other hand have scored 2 last min goals to win games
We also let in a last minute goal against Leeds to not win it, so by your definition we must have been unlucky to not win that? None of the games you mention were won due to a lucky bad decision by a ref. We scored our goals and defended fair and square. Nail-biting, yes. Close, yes. Lucky - I can't see why really. Maybe Man U are lucky to have won so many trophies as they always seem to score last minute goals. Or maybe it's worth playing until the final whistle after all.

You are not a top team i can assure you, i think you will end up mid-table at best (which would still be a good season considering you came up)
Indeed, we're not a top team. So, what's mid table in your book?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
No, it was luck. The point is, because Man U should be capable of beating a mid table championship side, even with their reserves, when a team like Palace (or Brighton etc) battle with Utd, they deserve a bit of luck. Man U had more chances, came closer to scoring more times etc, and were beaten by a goal that shouldn't have been allowed. The win was, therefore, lucky. But small teams like ours deserve a bit of luck, so Fergie was hardly going to come out and complain when his side should have been good enough to win without the official's mistake.

We also let in a last minute goal against Leeds to not win it, so by your definition we must have been unlucky to not win that? None of the games you mention were won due to a lucky bad decision by a ref. We scored our goals and defended fair and square. Nail-biting, yes. Close, yes. Lucky - I can't see why really. Maybe Man U are lucky to have won so many trophies as they always seem to score last minute goals. Or maybe it's worth playing until the final whistle after all.

Palace and Brighton!

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Indeed, we're not a top team. So, what's mid table in your book?

That is very harsh on us. They should have been down to 10 men after 15 minutes for starters! They could not break us down and had to shot from distance. My point about last min goals is maybe a unfair on you but you have had 3 things go your way this season in the last min which is pretty lucky in my book. We have had it once vs Coventry.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No, i said Clyne will go to cover this year and some of next year. I believe that next year we will have more money from raised gates (how we get these i have already stated) and having to buy less players.
So if you don't get an increase in ST sales, do you think you will still keep Zaha in the summer?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So if you don't get an increase in ST sales, do you think you will still keep Zaha in the summer?

Yes, unless a huge offer over £6 million came in. He is such a valuable player to us and his value will only rise the more he plays, Parish and Doug know that. I believe we will get close to £3 million for Clyne which will pay off this years debt, buy us a decent replacement and leave a little left over for next year. This cup run has come at the perfect time in all honesty, its going to make us well over a million in total, if we get to the final even more. And as i have already stated, we will have the TV money from Sky again in the summer and i doubt we will spend as much of that on the team as we did this year as most of our players are now on 2-3 year contracts.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
That is very harsh on us. They should have been down to 10 men after 15 minutes for starters! They could not break us down and had to shot from distance. My point about last min goals is maybe a tad on fair on you but you have had 3 things go your way this season in the last min which is pretty lucky in my book.

Having things go your way is a penalty being awarded to you wrongly or an offside "goal" standing or a bizarre OG etc. Scoring a well worked winner is not lucky, regardless of when it happens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is very harsh on us. They should have been down to 10 men after 15 minutes for starters!
Really? If that's true then I'd say the luck evened itself out, I didn't see every minute of the match. Does everyone agree Man U should have been down to 10?
They could not break us down and had to shot from distance.
They certainly struggled to break you down and you fought hard for the result, but they did have better chances than you, and without your offside goal a draw would have been fair (unless Man U should have been down to 10).
My point about last min goals is maybe a tad on fair on you but you have had 3 things go your way this season in the last min which is pretty lucky in my book.
2 scored, 1 conceded, 1 pen saved. As point out by someone else - had we have been playing better teams we wouldn't have got the results. That's not luck, that's football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can anybody give me a decent reason why this prick Eagle 83 has not been banned yet?

If being a prick was a reason to ban someone, there wouldn't be enough people left to make NSC worth visiting every day. I've not noticed any great personal abuse coming from him, nor any other rules being broken. If you don't like what he has to say, put him on ignore and don't read the threads he starts.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, unless a huge offer over £6 million came in. He is such a valuable player to us and his value will only rise the more he plays, Parish and Doug know that.

But it's not that simple, is it? If a big team comes in for him, he may want to go, and if Palace hold on, come the summer he'll want the move, and Palace may have to settle for less, because they've got a wantaway player. Clubs coming in for him, know he wants out, which will push his price down.

Force him to stay next season because he has years left on his contract then you have an unhappy player who is poisoning your locker room, a player who might not feel so inclined to be giving his all, and now his value falls further. The team who was willing to pay £3.5m this january, now decides he's maybe only worth £1.3m.

That's assuming he continues performing well, he could have a loss of form, or an injury that leads to a lower value for a player who is no longer so key to your fortunes.

Why risk turning your nose up at £3.5m + add ons, when you're losing money and the risk is that you might get less than half that and your team suffers in the process of hanging on to him.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Does anyone else think we should forfeit all these lucky wins we've had this season so that the league table is a bit fairer on those who have deserved every result they have got? The smash and grab raid at 3rd placed Cardiff, for example? Good grief :thud:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
But it's not that simple, is it? If a big team comes in for him, he may want to go, and if Palace hold on, come the summer he'll want the move, and Palace may have to settle for less, because they've got a wantaway player. Clubs coming in for him, know he wants out, which will push his price down.

Force him to stay next season because he has years left on his contract then you have an unhappy player who is poisoning your locker room, a player who might not feel so inclined to be giving his all, and now his value falls further. The team who was willing to pay £3.5m this january, now decides he's maybe only worth £1.3m.

That's assuming he continues performing well, he could have a loss of form, or an injury that leads to a lower value for a player who is no longer so key to your fortunes.

Why risk turning your nose up at £3.5m + add ons, when you're losing money and the risk is that you might get less than half that and your team suffers in the process of hanging on to him.

He's not given any indication that he wants to leave so not sure where you have got that from. He signed a 4 year deal last season. He only has to look at Bostock and Moses to see that leaving us too early for the Prem could seriously backfire. If he does go, it will be for a big sum, its not like he's a flash in the pan, he's been a class act now for over a year, just this season he is more clinical in front of goal and with his final ball. The boy is gonna be a superstar, no doubt in my mind so forget your 1.3 million! In a year he could be worth £10 million. You might laugh but if Chamberlain went for around this then there is no reason why Zaha shouldn't.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
He's not given any indication that he wants to leave so not sure where you have got that from. He signed a 4 year deal last season. He only has to look at Bostock and Moses to see that leaving us too early for the Prem could seriously backfire. If he does go, it will be for a big sum, its not like he's a flash in the pan, he's been a class act now for over a year, just this season he is more clinical in front of goal and with his final ball. The boy is gonna be a superstar, no doubt in my mind so forget your 1.3 million! In a year he could be worth £10 million. You might laugh but if Chamberlain went for around this then there is no reason why Zaha shouldn't.

That £10 mil, does that include the freehold of Croydon?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I thought I made it clear I'm jumping ahead to when he hears of concrete interest from a premier league club (not just vague speculation). If a club comes in for him in January it could pique his interest, especially if palace are looking at just a mid-table finish. He may not want to leave today (though I imagine like most footballers at this level he dreams of making it to the premiership as soon as possible, whether with his current team of via a transfer), but when he knows there is an offer for him, that a particular premier league club wants him and have made an offer, he will likely want to go (depending on the team, of course).

Maybe he'll reach an agreement with the palace to stay until the end of the season, like bennett did with us, but what would be the purpose? With Bennett he was helping us win promotion, if we were looking at a mid table finish last year, I doubt he would have hung around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here