Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cracking result today boys...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That was pre-admin era/Jordan. Parish has said we will reinvest a fair amount of transfers coming in.

He did say that when they purchased the club, he also stated Palace will never run up debts again and must run within the clubs means.
Within the last two weeks your chairman has posted on BBS that the club is now losing MILLIONS.
How can they not be forced into selling players and also by telling the world that they are losing money again, will this not affect the price you get for these players?

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
An extra 10 grand a week, I expect. Cant really blame him if he does.

I'm not sure that is true, and even if it is, we had a League 1 squad so of course we would need to spend more than established Championship sides who are serious about challenging would, as we needed to improve our team by a bigger margin than they did.

So you have players we can only dream of, yet we are 6 places above you in the table. We must be doing something right then, no?

As i said before, you have been pretty lucky in quite a few games this year. (Donny, Pompey, Derby, Forest to name 4)

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
He did say that when they purchased the club, he also stated Palace will never run up debts again and must run within the clubs means.
Within the last two weeks your chairman has posted on BBS that the club is now losing MILLIONS.
How can they not be forced into selling players and also by telling the world that they are losing money again, will this not affet the price you get for these players?

We were losing £3 million this year till the cup run. That has prob been halved now with the Man U game and the 2 header vs Cardiff. The sale of Clyne will cover the season and allow us to keep hold of Zaha and Williams for another season at least.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
As i said before, you have been pretty lucky in quite a few games this year. (Donny, Pompey, Derby, Forest to name 4)

It's not luck, that's what top team do, they win even if they are not at their best. OK so you beat Man. Utds reserves, now that was pure luck..........

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We were losing £3 million this year till the cup run. That has prob been halved now with the Man U game and the 2 header vs Cardiff. The sale of Clyne will cover the season and allow us to keep hold of Zaha and Williams for another season at least.

But how will you stop losing further money next season if your gates keep dropping
It appears to me that you must have a serious cash flow problem when you have to sell next season ST's now, something I have never heard of before..

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

When you say 'lucky' do you mean 'won by one goal'?

It's clutching at straws a bit for you to basically claim that every game we have lost has been because we are shit, and every game we've won has been because we were lucky. We won 1-0 about 8 times in a row in the Spring last year, virtually every one of those games was really close, but we scraped through every time. Were we lucky then as well? You make your own luck.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
It's not luck, that's what top team do, they win even if they are not at their best. OK so you beat Man. Utds reserves, now that was pure luck..........

Er it wasn't though was it? Most neautrals said we were well worth the win, even Fergie.

You on the other hand have scored 2 last min goals to win games, and have had a last min pen missed to get a win instead of a draw game, that's 6 points in total. You are not a top team i can assure you, i think you will end up mid-table at best (which would still be a good season considering you came up)

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
But how will you stop losing further money next season if your gates keep dropping
It appears to me that you must have a serious cash flow problem when you have to sell next season ST's now, something I have never heard of before..

It's a good point but i think the gates will rise. We are now offering payment plans similar to yours for next season and the publicity of the cup run will bring fans back IMO. I also don't think we will need to buy to many players next season compared to this year where we brought in around 8 or 9 players, we are only 2 players away from being a very decent outfit.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It depends how you spin it doesn't it? I thought Palace played really well, apart from the spell from the start of the 2nd half til the Ambrose screamer when you barely touched the ball, against a poor United side with some players well short of what you'd expect from a United side. And your winner was offside. Lucky? Arguable.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Same was said of Routledge and Moses, decent players, but not as good you lot always bang on about.
Don't forget John Bostock, coming up to 20, made grand total of zero PL appearances. It would appear Ben Watson is the most successful graduate of this 'brilliant academy' they harp on about - having had a couple of average seasons with Wigan. Moses just behind.

Having said that (hold on, Eagle) - I expect the current crop, Clyne & Williams in particular to go onto far greater things than the above. Don't think Zaha is comparable to Chamberlain, though. Think £5m would be more realistic.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's a good point but i think the gates will rise. We are now offering payment plans similar to yours for next season and the publicity of the cup run will bring fans back IMO. I also don't think we will need to buy to many players next season compared to this year where we brought in around 8 or 9 players, we are only 2 players away from a very decent outfit.

But if you have lost Clyne and Zaha, surely thats four players you would need and I cannot see you picking up the same class of players on the cheap.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's a good point but i think the gates will rise. We are now offering payment plans similar to yours for next season and the publicity of the cup run will bring fans back IMO. I also don't think we will need to buy to many players next season compared to this year where we brought in around 8 or 9 players, we are only 2 players away from being a very decent outfit.

The two who are leaving in January you mean!!

Edit: Beat me to it FH!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Er it wasn't though was it? Most neautrals said we were well worth the win, even Fergie.

You on the other hand have scored 2 last min goals to win games, and have had a last min pen missed to get a win instead of a draw game, that's 6 points in total. You are not a top team i can assure you, i think you will end up mid-table at best (which would still be a good season considering you came up)

Keeping playing until the final whistle is the moral of that story. Why should we score all our goals between the 1st and 80th minutes? There are 10 more + additional mins in every game, why is it a bad thing that we use them to score goals?! Murray scored against Man Utd in the 98th minute... does that take anything away from your victory?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
It depends how you spin it doesn't it? I thought Palace played really well, apart from the spell from the start of the 2nd half til the Ambrose screamer when you barely touched the ball, against a poor United side with some players well short of what you'd expect from a United side. And your winner was offside. Lucky? Arguable.

It was still a strong side and also at OT. Berbatov, Smalling, Park, Valenica, the two twins at full backs, Gibson, Macheda and Evans are all part of their first team squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You won't make the play-offs in a million years IMO, there are at least 10 better sides in this league than you, us being one of them.
Most of us don't expect to be in the play-offs by the end of the season, there could well be about 10 teams better than us, although from what I've seen of Palace, I'm not sure you're one of them, I think we'll be close at the end.
Lets be honest, any BHA fan without his rose tinted specs on would agree that you've been VERY lucky in the last 2 league games and we have been the opposite.
No. Although we didn't perform well against Forest, we did score a well worked goal and they were unable to score, not due to luck but due to lack of ability. That's why strikers are paid a lot, scoring isn't easy. And you were not unlucky to draw vs Derby, Derby played well, had a lot of the ball and plenty of chances, and your goal took the luck of a deflection too. I didn't see your game vs Millwall, but missing a penalty is not about luck, it's about skill and nerve.
It's also ironic how you lot said lets wait till April to see where the 2 teams are but now you're ahead you seem to harp on about it yourselves?!
No, I stick with 'let's wait 'til April'. This thread was bounced because when Commander said he thought we'd get 6 points from 3 games, you said we'd be lucky to get 3. We got 9, so the thread was bounced.
We could easily be above you again in no time at all...
I agree. There's a long way to go with plenty of twists and turns.
All this on a show string budget wheras you have splashed £4-5 million... :bigwave:
Budget is not just about what was spent this year, it's about what's been spent over the years to assemble your team. We've had years without a home and not been able to spend on players. Your team was not free, and nor is your academy. We couldn't afford a decent academy up until now.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Either way, I couldn't care less tbh but it is you making the lucky argument against four of our wins. Were we lucky that Derby and Forest failed to convert their chances? Or is that a huge part of football? Against better sides we'd have lost but they are not better sides, hence them failing in front of goal.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It was still a strong side and also at OT. Berbatov, Smalling, Park, Valenica, the two twins at full backs, Gibson, Macheda and Evans are all part of their first team squad.

But not first choice starters! Let's see how many of those, even with Hernandez's injury, start against Basel. I am not demeaning your achievement anyway, merely responding to your posts.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here