Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC and money

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Since Palace fans refuse to answer the points that I’ve put to them in this thread, perhaps they will agree with me when I say that their club really ought to be more than five points ahead of us, having played a game more, given that they have seen their enormous debts written off, twice, whilst we were busy rebuilding our club from scratch and living within our means.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There's the problem , tone is paying for everything whilst we are spreading the debt with outside investors helping out ( the right thing to do IMO ) like it or not we are balls deep in promotion clunge and you can't handle it! ( vha :thumbsup:)

Yep Tone is paying for everything and has donated to charity again and allowed cash strapped Palace the beam back free of charge. The Palace chairman has thanked Brighton very much, as he can now charge £10 entrance fee which will allow them to pay the St Johns Ambulance bill.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're so very, very bitter, i guess seeing us 8 points clear of you and with a realistic shot at the automatic places, whilst you cling onto 6th (and let's be honest, Bolton or Forest will soon overtake you) has proved too much for you so you have to make up lies.
You accuse Brighton fans of making up lies while you come out with that drivel.

There's the problem , tone is paying for everything whilst we are spreading the debt with outside investors helping out ( the right thing to do IMO ) like it or not we are balls deep in promotion clunge and you can't handle it! ( vha :thumbsup:)

Can't see any difference at all, the money is still owed to someone and not generated by Palace, ergo, cheating. I don't see it as cheating btw but BBS seem to think it is.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Plastic is going from 6500 to 25,000 in one year.

My point about the Blackpool wages was that it shows teams can be competive even on a tight budget, they were very close to staying up and with a bit more luck they would have. Ollie would have learnt a lot from that season.

Teams going up next year can expect £90-100 million, i'm sure even if we spent £15-£20 million of that on players then we could get a competitive team to go with what we already have. Our gates will be 24-25,000 whether you like it or not. This is all hypothetical anyway, i'm not like you lot and won't be counting my chickens just yet.

Last edited:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Brighton have spent £5million on 2 strikers. Our whole squad cost less then £2.5million, and you talk about us overspending.

My point about the Blackpool wages was that it shows teams can be competive even on a tight budget, they we very close to staying up and with a bit more luck they would have. Ollie would have learnt a lot from that season.

Teams going up next year can expect £90-100 million, i'm sure even if we spent £15-£20 million of that on players then we could get a competitive team to go with what we already have. Our gates will be 24-25,000 whether you like it or not. This is all hypothetical anyway, i'm not like you lot and won't be counting my chickens just yet.

We didn't, but do carry on with your fiction.

btw, this is Plastic.

1979 Palace v Burnley Att: 51,700
1984 Palace v Wimbledon Att: 4,005

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Since Palace fans refuse to answer the points that I’ve put to them in this thread, perhaps they will agree with me when I say that their club really ought to be more than five points ahead of us, having played a game more, given that they have seen their enormous debts written off, twice, whilst we were busy rebuilding our club from scratch and living within our means.

Our team, that has got us into this position, is made up of academy players and free transfers. Your team has had around £6-7 million spent on it in the last 2 years. Just saying...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We didn't, but do carry on with your fiction.

btw, this is Plastic.

1979 Palace v Burnley Att: 51,700
1984 Palace v Wimbledon Att: 4,005

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700.

Down to a boycott due to Mullery.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We didn't. We went from 7351 to 20029 - given that they're bums on seats, not tickets sold, and allowing for missing away fans, that basically means we went from pretty much full capacity to pretty much full capacity.

Why is it you feel the need to make stuff up? Are you that unhappy with reality?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Shit or bust (again) this season. They have gambled everything on getting promoted.

If they don't CPFC2010 will pocket the money from Zaha to cover their losses since they took over and run leaving the club with no way of continuing. They will go into administration again.

Are you sure? They haven't spent much at all. In fact, we have spent far, far more. Don't forget they had the money from the sale of Moses to Chelsea.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Plastic is going from 6500 to 25,000 in one year. :facepalm:

So it is a grading system now is it. So please tell me at what point in 1k increments does the increase become Plastic or JCL

My point about the Blackpool wages was that it shows teams can be competive even on a tight budget, they we very close to staying up and with a bit more luck they would have. Ollie would have learnt a lot from that season. :facepalm:

But they did not stay up therefore were not competitive and Ollie did learn, he f*cked off and left them

Hmm £15 Mill on 7 players of Premiership class, best of luck with that and paying a whole squad on premiership wages, especially as you have sold the most of your season ticket sales already at Championship prices. Again good luck with that.
. .

We would get 25k in the Prem not 15k like Blackpool
:rotlf:

The only way you would get 25k in the Prem is if the opposition turned up with 7k each week.

Your last 4 visits (all relegation seasons mind) resulted in you averaging just over 19k including oppo fans.

Still I wouldn't worrying about Palace getting in the Prem - can't see it myself. Too smaller infrastructure & mindset.

Still if miracles do happen it will be good to see them spend their Prem millions on repaying all those they shafted in their administration decades :whistle:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Hahaha, how is staying within 30 minutes of staying up not competive? It's hardly like they were like the Derby team from 2007 that went down with 11 points. You honestly are desperate aren't you?

I said £15-£20 million, convienient that you took off £5 million. Of course this amount can get you some decent players, there are plenty of gems around. Our best 3 players along with Zaha are Murray and Jedinak, both of whom were on free's and Bolasie, who cost us 300k.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Our team, that has got us into this position, is made up of academy players and free transfers. Your team has had around £6-7 million spent on it in the last 2 years. Just saying...

Perhaps, but where would you be had you paid your debts? You might have found yourselves where we were: without a ground, with no money, and rebuilding your club from scratch.

Go on, admit it. Brighton & Hove Albion hasn’t done a bad job of rebuilding from nothing.

The Championship is stuffed with clubs that have cheated…and, as we have seen and will continue to see, cheats prosper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lets face it, your results have been good but your performances have been pretty poor. Cardiff battered you and TK came to the rescue that night, same with Burnley, they deserved a point at worst. A pretty poor Huddersfield Town pushed you all the way for 75 mins and imploded at the end to make it look like a walk-over. Then against the team bottom of the table, you manage 0 shots in the entire game and have only 33% possession.

Sorry, you weren't at the Hudds game. We played them off the park. We've only been outplayed about 3 times all season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yep Tone is paying for everything and has donated to charity again and allowed cash strapped Palace the beam back free of charge. The Palace chairman has thanked Brighton very much, as he can now charge £10 entrance fee which will allow them to pay the St Johns Ambulance bill.

We ( the fans ) paid the st johns debt , but I'm sure you knew that . The beam back is costing the club £7 k so we are paying someone . If you are not charging us then you are defenaltly the club that just keeps giving ( us ).

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Sorry, you weren't at the Hudds game. We played them off the park. We've only been outplayed about 3 times all season.

Huddersfield manager Mark Robins:

"For 74 minutes I thought we'd get something from the game.

"But it wasn't a corner and then we conceded. We can't blame the referee but the second goal led to a capitulation.

"The two goals that followed came as a result of us thinking about the mis-fortune we suffered. Up to then Brighton hadn't hurt us very much."

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Huddersfield manager Mark Robins:

"For 74 minutes I thought we'd get something from the game.

"But it wasn't a corner and then we conceded. We can't blame the referee but the second goal led to a capitulation.

"The two goals that followed came as a result of us thinking about the mis-fortune we suffered. Up to then Brighton hadn't hurt us very much."

The match didn't end on 74min.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here