Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC and money

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A lot of anger and frustration in this thread .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You averaged Around 5500 at the withdean, it holds 8000.
The capacity was more like 6,000 when it opened, including away fans. Also, the figures released by the club were people that actually made it to the game, not tickets sold, which is how you'd report the figures. The home end was mostly full for 12 years.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
The capacity was more like 6,000 when it opened, including away fans. Also, the figures released by the club were people that actually made it to the game, not tickets sold, which is how you'd report the figures. The home end was mostly full for 12 years.

Yeah, what a tinpot club we were back then for not filling Withdean in the Johnstones Paint trophy 1st round against Orient/Southend/Brentford and other clubs like Palace.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Cue all the palace propaganda brigade spouting off about their sustainable business model, CPFC2010 are responsible owners etc blah blah. It's a simple case of economics, they are losing money - FACT, the owners have admitted this and the amount they are losing each season is in the several millions. Whatever any palace fans might say, the Zaha money WILL be getting largely swallowed up by their huge debts. I'd be surprised if they've even seen much of it yet anyway, it will like almost every transfer these days be paid in instalments and Man UTd most certainly won't be shelling out the bulk of it all the while he is still at palace. Financially they are screwed unfortunately there are too many if them that blindly believe the bullshit fed to them by the bunch if used car salesmen running their tinpot little club. Brace yourselves, they'll be here in their droves shortly with all their fantasy claims and spin.

You're so very, very bitter, i guess seeing us 8 points clear of you and with a realistic shot at the automatic places, whilst you cling onto 6th (and let's be honest, Bolton or Forest will soon overtake you) has proved too much for you so you have to make up lies. Our club is in a reasonable place regarding finances, all but a few clubs make loses each year and although this season and last we have made loses of around £7 million, the Zaha money should see us pocket £15 million over the course of the next 2-3 years. We are not skint at all, we made a bid in January in excess of £1.5 million for Adamoah at Bristol City. And if we go up this year there's the small matter of £90+ million coming in :whistle:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
A lot of anger and frustration in this thread .

And a lot of Palace fans who, by visiting us regularly, prove their undoubted fascination with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.

Thanks for your continued interest. I know Bozza appreciates the traffic. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You averaged Around 5500 at the withdean, it holds 8000. But Tarquin and Theo didn't want to get wet and cold so waited for the new stadium to be built and they could sit on padded seats.

Prawn Sandwiches anyone?

:lolol:

This'll be my only comment on this thread but this is a classic example of palace maths.

Is the OP a politician?

How can you take the 12 year average attendance at Withdean and then compare it to the final ground capacity, when for the first 8 or 9 years the capacity was nothing like 8000?

Very appropriate that palace play in a Jester's kit :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Are we clinging on to sixth place? We have drawn two and won three of our last five games. Last night, we drew at a place where Palace lost four-one. We are five points behind Palace, with a game in hand, we have to play Palace at home, and the two clubs might well meet in the play-offs.

Palace's two administrations, with their concomitant saving of millions of pounds in the form of unpaid debts, have bought them an advantage of five points over us. Our years of rebuilding from scratch, and investing in the club’s infrastructure, have bought us one of the finest stadiums in the country, sustainable finances, and a decent chance of promotion to the Premier League.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
You're so very, very bitter, i guess seeing us 8 points clear of you and with a realistic shot at the automatic places, whilst you cling onto 6th (and let's be honest, Bolton or Forest will soon overtake you) has proved too much for you so you have to make up lies. Our club is in a reasonable place regarding finances, all but a few clubs make loses each year and although this season and last we have made loses of around £7 million, the Zaha money should see us pocket £15 million over the course of the next 2-3 years. We are not skint at all, we made a bid in January in excess of £1.5 million for Adamoah at Bristol City. And if we go up this year there's the small matter of £90+ million coming in :whistle:

Are we clinging on to sixth place? We have drawn two and won three of our last five games. Last night, we drew at a place where you lost four-one. We are five points behind Palace, with a game in hand, we have to play Palace at home, and the two clubs might well meet in the play-offs.

Your two administrations, with their concomitant saving of millions of pounds in the form of unpaid debts, have bought you an advantage of five points over us. Our years of rebuilding from scratch, and investing in the club’s infrastructure, have bought us one of the finest stadiums in the country, sustainable finances, and a decent chance of promotion to the Premier League.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I really don't know what I would rather see.
Them in the premiership getting ripped to pieces week in and week out but getting £90 mill in the process, or them missing out, staying in the Championship trying to do something about their falling down stadium, whilst the crowds drop further.
They may well have a team that could get them promoted. but not one that would keep them there.
But they do have a manager that is used to that situation with his term at Blackpool, but then again Blackpool do have a ground that is not falling down so all their premiership money was spent trying to keep them there. Wurzel failed, he walked away and where are Blackpool today, in danger of a second relegation.
Now the thought of the same happening to Palace, I do like.

1. We would get 25k in the Prem not 15k like Blackpool
2. The Blackpool chairman only allowed Ollie a 10k a week maximum wages per player
3. Blackpool were 30 mins from stating up. JAT
4. You know nothing about our current team if you think we wouldn't have a chance of staying up. It took Stoke 2 games and extra time finally see us off in the FA Cup. We would need 6 or 7 new players to complement the current squad but if Ollie could get the right personal i'm confident we would be competitive.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Are we clinging on to sixth place? We have drawn two and won three of our last five games. Last night, we drew at a place where you lost four-one. We are five points behind Palace, with a game in hand, we have to play Palace at home, and the two clubs might well meet in the play-offs.

Your two administrations, with their concomitant saving of millions of pounds in the form of unpaid debts, have bought you an advantage of five points over us. Our years of rebuilding from scratch, and investing in the club’s infrastructure, have bought us one of the finest stadiums in the country, sustainable finances, and a decent chance of promotion to the Premier League.

You're 8 points behind us sweetie. I think given your run in and the form of Forest and Bolton, that you will just miss out on the PO. All IMHO of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4. You know nothing about our current team if you think we wouldn't have a chance of staying up. It took Stoke 2 games and extra time finally see us off in the FA Cup.

By that logic - seeing as we destroyed Newcastle, beat them and Sunderland last season, and drew with Arsenal up until the 86th min this season, you think we would be comfortable in the Prem.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're 8 points behind us sweetie. I think given your run in and the form of Forest and Bolton, that you will just miss out on the PO. All IMHO of course.

But we're in fantastic form, which selectively isn't taken into account?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
2. The Blackpool chairman only allowed Ollie a 10k a week maximum wages per player
4. You know nothing about our current team if you think we wouldn't have a chance of staying up. It took Stoke 2 games and extra time finally see us off in the FA Cup. We would need 6 or 7 new players to complement the current squad but if Ollie could get the right personal i'm confident we would be competitive.

To make the comments that you have made in this thread shows how little you know about our club. In refusing to address the point that I put to you, above, you demonstrate that you are happy to compound ignorance with cowardice.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ha Ha. So 9-10K JCL's or Plastics is now very acceptable to Crystal Palace fans :nono:

So, the so called very astute business men in charge at Palace, who's aim was only spend what you have coming in, will now throw that sensible proposal to the wind and pay big premiership wages?:

As your fans kept telling Sheffield Wed, relegation was earned over a season and not one game.

We beat Newcastle and lost by the odd goal to Arsenal and not hammered by Stoke 4-1. Does that make us a better team to survive in the Premiership than you? I think not. Where is the money coming from to pay for 6-7 premiership wages on your 20-to very unlikely 25k gates.

. .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
By that logic - seeing as we destroyed Newcastle, beat them and Sunderland last season, and drew with Arsenal up until the 86th min this season, you think we would be comfortable in the Prem.

The gap between Premiership and Championship isn't as big as a lot of people make out, all 3 of the teams who went up last year have a chance of staying up this year, Norwich and Swansea the year before stayed up and the 3 teams that came down last year have all struggled in the Championship until Bolton's recent form.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Absolutely, I just made it all up, a bit like 99% of the quotes from Palace gimps on BBS.

Outside Investment in the youth academy is interesting though, BBS seems to think that we are cheating by having Tony fund ours so where does that put this?
There's the problem , tone is paying for everything whilst we are spreading the debt with outside investors helping out ( the right thing to do IMO ) like it or not we are balls deep in promotion clunge and you can't handle it! ( vha :thumbsup:)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
But we're in fantastic form, which selectively isn't taken into account?

Lets face it, your results have been good but your performances have been pretty poor. Cardiff battered you and TK came to the rescue that night, same with Burnley, they deserved a point at worst. A pretty poor Huddersfield Town pushed you all the way for 75 mins and imploded at the end to make it look like a walk-over. Then against the team bottom of the table, you manage 0 shots in the entire game and have only 33% possession.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here