Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowardly scum

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy 10 has not got a nasty bone in his body. I can understand his reaction. Just a few people called him on it, which he has taken on the chin. Cheeky Monkey was bold to raise his comment and fair play to him for that.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Hmm, walking down the road and 6 randoms run out of a house and attack your son? Are you sure your son is telling the truth and hasn't upset someone recently?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Hmm, walking down the road and 6 randoms run out of a house and attack your son? Are you sure your son is telling the truth and hasn't upset someone recently?

Why is it so hard to believe? When I was younger myself and a couple of mates were walking along a main road in Hove when were jumped by 4 lads and 2 girls completely unprovoked, I was the only sober one and the others had been drinking far too much to be useful in any kind of fight, so we ran to the car and they proceeded to kick the **** out of my car to the point that it looked like it had been banger racing for a season... We were all lucky it wasn't us that had the beating.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Being able to see the consequences of actions, developing skills of empathy and finding ways to feel competent/powerful/worthwhile without hurting others, are precisely the abilities that these people lack and which would otherwise regulate their behaviour. I'm not sure to what extent they can be learnt if they are not already instilled earlier on in people's lives.
I know what you mean. It's a bit old fashioned to say but lack of empathy begins at home during the formative years. Too many parents do not see the importance of giving their kids a loving caring upbringing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They'd not been drinking, they weren't out for trouble, it was just 3 lads making their way back from the cashpoint and looking forward to their trip to Brum the next day. My lad is about 6 stone dripping wet, he's very fit as he plays a lot of football but is not a "bulky" lad, and not the type to throw his weight around. The vermin that did them over were older, stronger, and greater in numbers.

His mate gave accurate descriptions of several of them, and has said he would recognise them if he saw them again. Its in the hands of the police now, and I'll be badgering them for updates on this. Theres a small hope there may be some CCTV footage if the small factory/warehouse next to where it happened has a security camera.

And cheers again for the (mostly) positive posts folks, and [MENTION=6109]rusty redeyes[/MENTION] , thanks mate. Needed to get it off my chest, just looking forward to him getting home from Brum now, sharing a tinny with him in front of the football, and trying to get back to normality.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They'd not been drinking, they weren't out for trouble, it was just 3 lads making their way back from the cashpoint and looking forward to their trip to Brum the next day. My lad is about 6 stone dripping wet, he's very fit as he plays a lot of football but is not a "bulky" lad, and not the type to throw his weight around. The vermin that did them over were older, stronger, and greater in numbers.

His mate gave accurate descriptions of several of them, and has said he would recognise them if he saw them again. Its in the hands of the police now, and I'll be badgering them for updates on this. Theres a small hope there may be some CCTV footage if the small factory/warehouse next to where it happened has a security camera.

And cheers again for the (mostly) positive posts folks, and [MENTION=6109]rusty redeyes[/MENTION] . Needed to get it off my chest, just looking forward to him getting home from Brum now, sharing a tinny with him in front of the football, and trying to get back to normality.

Bung him £50 and tell him to get round Honeys down opposite the harbour and get some 'stress relief'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Easy10 ... I believe you.

Despite the :fishing: stirrer who wasn't there, unprovoked attacks do happen, or with little provocation.

Put it this way, if police has been sitting in an unmarked car nearby and saw the whole thing, they would have had no interest in any boisterous noise or snow ball throwing by your kid and mates, but would have acted against the violent scum.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

And cheers again for the (mostly) positive posts folks, and [MENTION=6109]rusty redeyes[/MENTION] , thanks mate. Needed to get it off my chest, just looking forward to him getting home from Brum now, sharing a tinny with him in front of the football, and trying to get back to normality.

Sounds like you've approached this in the most positive way any father could have done Easy, hope he has a safe journey home

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah alright Doogie, it's only a throw away remark. There is some truth in it though ;-)

Throwaway remarks are a theme in this thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in no way casting any doubt on Easy and EasyII.

Should such an appalling event happen to Jnr Stat in 10 years time, I think he'll get pretty sick and tired of me saying 'well you must have done something?'.

For the record I'd be more surprised if Jnr Stat III, isn't getting a regular shoeing, but that won't be her fault cos nothing ever is :shrug:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Just a comment in the heat of the moment. Who cares other than you?

The real and tangible event was the cowardly attack, and the resulting physical damage on the youngsters.

You are a real idiot !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here